Thread: Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Today marks the 2nd birthday for Pokemon: Rising Shadows. Sort of.

To clarify, PRS started WAAAY back when in my early RPing days. I mean EARLY early. Naya was the first character created during a Roleplay back in the Pokemon Crater days. Sometime after that RP died, I decided to write a fan-fic with Naya as the main character. She was a lot more serious back then- and the plot was a huge mess. After shelving the story for a few years, I finally decided to reboot it as a comic to help practice my drawing and do something fun- and here we are with the current iteration of PRS.

A lot has changed from the original story- Naya is now silly and naive, which makes things a lot lighter in tone than they were- though there will be darker moments just like the original. All fakemon (from a RP forum I spent a lot of time on) have been removed entirely. The original antagonist has been replaced with someone new. Heck, almost everything about the plot EXCEPT for the very beginning has changed. And by very beginning, I mean those first 10 pages or so of Chapter One. Of all of the main characters, only Naya and Echo have changed. Naya, as stated already, is more naive, clueless, and silly... Echo... well, Echo got more cynical and sarcastic. Echo was always a bit of a jerk, but was quite a bit meaner in the past.

Anyway- enough talk about the OLD PRS. The comic has come a long way, so to celebrate, here's a b-day image. Click on it to go to the full-size version! Also, it is now officially PRS tradition to do a week of daily updates starting on May 10th every year. The first two updates are already up here on PXR- so only 6 days here, but 7 days everywhere else.

Senior Administrator

Yay! Happy Birthday PRS! Happy Birthday Naya!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Happy birthday PRS! And well done Neko, on sticking with it for so long. It must take a lot of dedication. :)
    GCEA

@Nekomata

Yus, happy birthday to Naya and all her crazy group. ;3

@HKim @MoogleSam

They'd share the cake, but Echo already ate it.

@Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Dedication? What's that?