Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Experienced Trainer bronislav84's Avatar
    Edited into the first post as the current draft, possibly final. One minor change is we shoot "guns" from the fingers instead.

My only concern is as far as the RP is concerned, Trainer is without a player leader. Should the plot be shifted to Prism League? I think it might be the same issue though.

Will Trainer or Prism be okay without a player as RP leader? Might be a bit disorganized.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-17-2015 at 05:08 AM.

Banner by Pokemon Trainer Sarah/Ava by Neo Emolga

R.I.P. August 13, 2007 3:45AM EST
    Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

erfolk -Mermaids and mermen, collectively called Merfolk, appear as half-human, half-fish humanoids while submerged in water and have incredible swimming ability. Meanwhile, they are also exceptional at water and ice based magic and have perfected most of their tools, technology, and equipment to work perfectly underwater. If need be, they can emerge from the water and after arriving on the surface, their fish tails will become human legs for a temporary amount of time. They can stay like this and walk on the ground for about three days before they start to become dehydrated and dizzy and need to return to the water. Merfolk specialize in Water, Fairy, and Poison magic.
    I love seeing the prototypes of ideas. Then I like pointing out the contradictions. HUZZAH.

I was going to mention another possible conflict would be the creation of technology without magic. It's a difficult concept to understand for a culture that thrives on it and can't recall never having it, but then again, we grasp ideas of antimatter (tentatively) without being able to touch it, so it's not too farfetched. It also becomes a classic case of magic vs. science, although in this case science is actually the underdog. It doesn't even have to be a "major" conflict, it can be a minor one that steadily becomes more apparent. 'Tis always fun to have more than one conflict!

As for the overall set up, it doesn't look that bad. The 1.5 Attack Rule is new to me, but it's good advice, especially for newer role players. I'll post more as I get ideas/realizations. I need to mull things over before it hits me :P

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

"I don't want to fight." Steel Lunpara's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Frost please read what's been going on. Please don't ask me to explain when it's already been posted.
    Really? Come on, man, do you honestly think I just jumped in, read your one post and left? If it seems weird that someone didn't bother going back and getting more information, it probably means he actually did and something went wrong somewhere else. I didn't realize you were talking about the in-canon story until Neo's post, is the issue. A few missed words and the entirety of the message shifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    @The Frost Dragon
    The only lead in terms of determining who should be established as the new order was found in the Celestial Circle's Decree documents, establishing that if the Circle should fall, the faction known as Team Trainer would be the next in line to assimilate authority. Meanwhile, the High Magi Council and the Order of the Crimson Flame had nothing left after their assigned chains of commands had all been eliminated in the Bloodfall assault.

With no other official documents and successors to go by, Team Trainer was established as the new emergency world order. However, despite Team Trainer's righteous and good intentions, not everyone saw the mission from their point of view. Many felt their individual identity and culture were threatened, and not everyone recognized the authenticity of the Celestial Circle Decree. Even in the mist of the already costly Bloodfall riots, others were far too skeptical and portrayed the Decree as a conspiracy theory forgery that hit the airways and tabloids hard. Meanwhile, others believed Trainer was not capable of stopping the "Repressors" from striking again, wherever and whoever they are...

The world has become a darker place. The question of who should lead the world of magic is in shambles, and the hunt for the Repressors is a trail rapidly going cold. The Mechari are fighting bigotry and racism from all directions, while rebellion factions rise up against the authority of the questionably established Team Trainer order.
    And this... I like this. We've gone from a very vague conflict to all kinds of different ones, and it's great. As for my team, it all does sound pretty in-character for us, and, well, on the personal side of things I think I can still manage what I was going for with my character. Honestly, there's not much reason to say no to all this.
    "You kids have a nice day."

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'm fine with anything since I won't be RPing. :P I'll leave this up to Frost. I'm not sure how many RPers Trainer has (don't think it's very many) or how many will stick with it, so as long as this doesn't rely on activity on Trainer's part, it should be fine. :) Would hate for it to die because there aren't many Trainer people involved.

And no I haven't read the whole thread, sorry. xD
    GCEA

Well that's how it sounded Frost. You coming in and saying oh, please explain it to me. Sorry about that. And you'll be in the RP? Yay! So the RP is a-go with Team Trainer's approval! Real SU thread will be up midday to afternoon tomorrow.

Sarah it does rely on activity from Trainer, but not heavy activity. :) We do have the 48 hours rule in place so people aren't overwhelmed.

Grassy I'll fix that, thank you. That's a leftover. Also we can't have a Magic vs Science thing because magic is millions of years old and has been around for a very long time. This just isn't that kind of RP. Science just didn't catch on like it did IRL or normal PokeEarth is all. Trying to go for a mostly science-less world. If it didn't catch on in 70 million years, it's not gonna catch on in the time the RP takes place.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-17-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Grassy I'll fix that, thank you. That's a leftover. Also we can't have a Magic vs Science thing because magic is millions of years old and has been around for a very long time. This just isn't that kind of RP. Science just didn't catch on like it did IRL or normal PokeEarth is all. Trying to go for a mostly science-less world. If it didn't catch on in 70 million years, it's not gonna catch on in the time the RP takes place.
    Religion was in place for a long time in real life, here on good ol' Earth, before science became a thing. That in fact caused a lot of issues, but both still exist today. I'm not saying the science has to be far along - and I don't intend it to be, maybe minor regular robotics that aren't sentient and barely working being the top - but to say it won't develop at all would be silly. Science probably isn't going to be the big conflict in this rp, but it could be one of the very minor undertones. There are still people out there that want to understand gravity, or why electricity works the way it does. People that are willing to try and remove magic from the equation, to see what existed before, and how the properties are different.

Don't shove all ideas out the window, Bron. This isn't a major idea at all, and like science in the real world when it first started to be developed, it will be shunned, decreed heresy, and heads will roll. Everything will be done to kill it. ...Delicious for conflict, if you think about it. Admittedly this does affect my planned character, but I always intended to do so in a way that wouldn't break any role play I entered in. It's an idea I can't pass up, and can lead to a ton of interesting developments later on in the role play.

Made by the awesome X-Kun~

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Hm alright. Well just so you know we only have 4 people who have expressed interest in "possibly" doing RP in their sign up form, and for most of them, this is their first WAR RP if not their very first WAR. So you may be expecting a little much from us. xD
    GCEA

8. This post has been liked by:

Well if you wanna do that Grassy be my guest, but it really would be incredibly minor. Don't wanna just kill off ideas. People are already accusing me of shooting stuff down when I'm trying not to. Not intentionally anyway. Can't pass up delicious conflict, and I appreciate you wanting to make a character from the get go that fits in.

Sarah would you rather we shift it to Prism? Would only take minor editing. The situation might be worse in that case. At least Frost is interested in RP. It sounds like neither Harry nor his partner are, though. Hey, maybe @Lord Celebi wants to be the leader of Trainer in the RP? How about it rusty? Would Sarah and Frost even allow this?
    Last edited by bronislav84; 05-17-2015 at 07:40 AM.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Honestly, as two of the strongest RPers, it seems like you and Neo (ie. Phoenix) would be able to handle this better than Prism or Trainer? Prism has a fair bit of people but they are also mostly new to PXR and WAR and if I was you, I would be wary about resting the whole RP on their (or Trainer's) shoulders without confirming that they will be involved at a certain level. From my experience, everyone puts down 5 sections they might wanna join in and then maybe ends up joining in 2 haha. So I just wouldn't rely on that, that's all. I might be misunderstanding how much input would actually be needed from the team though. If you are okay with one steady RPer then Frost can probably handle it if he has the time and wants to.

Sorry if I'm being annoying messing with your plans or anything, I just don't want anything to go wrong with the RP since it's such a traditionally major part of WAR. :)

If rust is interested in doing RP stuff then I'm cool with whatever he and Frost decide to do.
    GCEA

Let's see what those two decide then, or maybe if Neo wants to have PB do it. I can't decide on it for him, as he's my leader instead of the reverse. We can still shift the wording to another team if we need to before the RP officially starts. Real SU thread will be going up after I sleep.

Simkha "Dosha" Bakman
    I loved you, Grandpa