View Poll Results: Which do you prefer, digital or traditional art?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Digital

4 50.00%
  • Traditional

3 37.50%
  • Undecided

1 12.50%
  • Neither

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar

Digital Art or Traditional?

We have so few discussion threads in the Artist's Easel, it's sad. ;o;

So I just wanted to know, do you like digital art or traditional art better? Or neither! If you dislike art altogether which I hope you don't.

As for myself, I prefer traditional art. This is something I try to explain to a lot of people but they just don't seem to get it. xD I love the feel of a pencil or marker in my hands much more than tapping away on a keyboard. It's easier to adjust to whatever you're working on, and you don't lose your work if the whole thing crashes. The only part I don't like about working traditionally is there's no undo button. ;c

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I think I prefer doing digital art because I'm better at it. xD I can't colour/shade outside of a computer to save my life haha! Plus yes, the undo button is very handy!

But I really love viewing traditional art, especially pencil sketches and watercolour/ink. I think they're really beautiful styles and I wish I was good at them!
    GCEA

I agree with Sarah. I like all the cheaty ways to do art on a computer. xD Plus, there's the CTRL Z option! I've never been that good at colouring with pencils...hehe. But I do almost prefer traditional art for other people... Like I'd go into a gallery and buy something that was drawn/made by hand over something that was digital, you know?

4. This post has been liked by:

Ikr? There aren't enough discussions here; and when there are, they never last. ;~; It's awful.

For me, it really just depends on the purpose. Finalized art? Digital.

Sketches and concept art? I much prefer just good ol' pencil-to-paper. I love my tablet, but if I'm not actually marking on the surface that I'm drawing on, it just doesn't feel right to me.

You know what? I'm kinda okay with traditional art having "no undo button." c; I dunno, but the undo feature always distracts me. xD And when it comes to pencil and paper...you can't erase too much or it looks disgusting; therefore I'm more likely to just go over minor mistakes instead of undoing them UNTIL THEY'RE FREAKING PERFECT. I'm really, really bad about that.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

@Speed-X, now I kind of want to see you do traditional pixel art. XD See how that goes, hahaha.

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    @Speed-X, now I kind of want to see you do traditional pixel art. XD See how that goes, hahaha.
    Lolwut? How would that even work xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    IT WOULDN'T.

...or would it?

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    IT WOULDN'T.

...or would it?
    You could just draw in blocks of colour. :p With a marker or something. AHAHA.

IS IT DIGITAL? IS IT TRADITIONAL? I DON'T KNOW! 8D

Why are there no banner competitions hereee

Anyways I just looked up a few tuts on digital art. Particularly landscapes and I might end up getting a bamboo tablet or those artists tablet which is actually quite cheap here. $50 to $100. Compared to the 3ds capture system which is over 300 buckeroos. I think I personally would prefer digital art because I can't color for **** in traditional art. I can do sketches though. :3

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

12. This post has been liked by:

URPG Staff

My heart is in several places and all of them are fictional. u^u
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Actually, I recently finished a self-portrait project in my art class where we had to do everything in "pixels" using paint! It was a raging nightmare and took forever, so I recommend leaving pixels on the screen. XD

While I'm a sucker for good traditional works (especially sketches with good pencil shading, I eat that stuff up), I gravitate toward digital art both in terms of production and viewing. There's so much to be done with digital art, and I'm really used to using it and seeing it everywhere.

Button by K'sariya!

URPG Stats!

Paired with noob dummy crazy kid rad friend Nar.

14. This post has been liked by: