Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar

[WAR II] Humor Section

Welcome to WAR Season II's official Humor section. This season, I will be your host. The aim of the humor section is as simple as always: make me laugh. It's not hard, I like to joke about pretty much everything, you just need to do it better than everyone else in order to get a point. I have created a very advanced mathematical formula in order to ensure that this section is handled impartially and fairly. Below is your rubric for this section. Again, very, very advanced math here. If you don't understand it, I don't blame you.

• Blowing Air Through My Nose Fast - This is the smallest distinct laugh that I am capable of. It is most prevalent when I'm paging through mildly funny comments on reddit. It may also be accompanied by a "heh."
    • Sensible Chuckle -
    • A Laugh - Your basic laugh. You're funny, congratulations.
    • Riotous - I am laughing so hard my roommates may think I am strange...r.
    • Life Alert - Help, I'm laughing and I can't get up.

Much like Whose Line Is It Anyways, points will be given out on a "whatever the **** I feel like" basis. Usually, I will give one point each to the top six entries in this thread, but if something is particularly funny, I may change that to 5 and give two points to someone.

Rules
    1. Offensive jokes: I love horrifically offensive jokes. I understand that this is a legitimate avenue of humor. I understand that these are also typically risky because you can offend somebody. For jokes of this kind, please ensure that they are funny and spoiler tagged. If it's just something that's offensive for the sake of being offensive (basically, not artful), not only will you not win but you will probably also get in trouble with the forum staff. Good rule of thumb: Make sure the joke is not funny because it is offensive, but is funny because saying offensive things is a social faux pas.
    2. Inappropriate Jokes: Don't do it. If your joke looks like the plot to Human Centipede 3, it's probably not going to win you any points. Again, be artful & funny and you'll be fine.
    3. Be original. Don't take someone else's material.
    4. Not only is it allowed to make jokes at the expense of other forum members, but I encourage it! Nothing is funnier than an inside joke. Yes, this means that even Neoxrust jokes are on the table.
    5. The theme is a guideline. If you think of something funnier, go for it, I don't care.

Theme
    Week 1: First World Problems
    Week 2: It Sucks to be Me
    Week 3: Being Butthurt
    Week 4: Pokemon Crossroads
    Last edited by Lord Celebi; 06-29-2015 at 01:48 AM.
    There's a Starman waiting in the sky!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

42, that is the answer Soulmaster's Avatar
    So do we post in the thread with our humor or do we PM it to you? It's been done both ways so wanting to make sure.

Shiny URPG Stats
    Feel Free To Ask Me Any Questions! Banner by Neo Emolga

Moribund Warrior-Poet Lord Celebi's Avatar
    Post in the thread. Part of humor is making everyone laugh!
    He'd like to come and meet us, but he thinks he'd blow our minds.
    He's told us not to blow it 'cause he knows it's all worthwhile.

42, that is the answer Soulmaster's Avatar
    Mkay then.

First world problem: Having to think up some lame joke to win a contest on a forum.

so stupid it may work

Shiny URPG Stats
    Feel Free To Ask Me Any Questions! Banner by Neo Emolga

6. This post has been liked by:

Seppe 

The following is a comedic monologue I had to write for my Drama class this year. For maximum comedy, imagine me reading this to you in a dead monotone.

Spoiler:
    *Phone rings*
    Girl: Hi, bay! It's, like, so hard for me to hear you right now! I'm walking to my bestie's house and there're, like, so many people walking their dogs and, like, all the dogs are barking and I can't hear a thing you're saying so I'm, like, gonna just keep talking so there isn't any awkward silence, okay bay?
    Anyways, I was just thinking about how popping you are, bay! I mean, you got me that mad lit teddy bear for my birthday! To be honest, you're, like, the most popping, best bay in the history of bays, bay!
    *beat*
    Huh? You want to talk to me? But we're talking right now, bay! I'm telling my awesome bay about how much I love my bay!
    *beat*
    Oooooooh, you want to talk to me! Okay, bay! Go ahead! Talk!
    *beat*
    Wait... You've been cheating on me with my bestie this entire time? And now you're dumping me for her?
    OMG, bay, this is not happening! You're not dumping me, bay, I'm dumping you! And you remember that teddy bear you got me for my birthday? I burned it because it reminded me too much of your mom! And I can't even remember your name because it's, like, so dope! And before I hang up, tell my bestie she isn't my bestie anymore, bay! Goodbye, bay!
    *hangs up*

So yeah. That was a monologue about me making fun of slang, as well as all the unnecessary drama I hear in the hallways on a daily basis.

I'm getting so many messages but it's making my iPhone restart non-stop.

(I tried.)

Oh my god I love Whose Line!! My boyfriend and I watch it all the time.

Oh, yeah, that one random string of symbols that's going around that makes your iPhone restart. I swear, if one more person sends me that, I'm going to hunt them down in the streets.

Can this "first world problems" thing be in the form of a greentext story, @Lord Celebi? If so, I have a great idea.

EDIT: Could it also be about a crazy day? I had a pretty crazy day recently, and I wrote down all the details! Far too many problems popped up, so it would fall under the umbrella of "problems". This one wouldn't be in greentext form.
    Last edited by ninjaskarmory; 06-10-2015 at 02:28 AM.
    Is it ninja Skarmory or Ninjask armory?
    Friend Code: 3711 - 7604 - 5273

Vaporeon: Shiny Collection | Mightyena: URPG | Absol: Sprite Gallery | Mega Lopunny: Naturelocke Challenge | Serperior: Pokemon Aesthetics | Ampharos: Prism Stats | other sprites are placeholders for when something exists for them to link to

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

First world problems:

I can't buy Starbucks because the coffee is always giving me acid reflux.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 06-10-2015 at 12:51 PM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Mentioned this contest to my boyfriend. Forced to endure thirty minutes of bad #firstworldproblems jokes. #firstworldproblems
    GCEA

12. This post has been liked by:

Corey