Page 31 of 184 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    ERROR! DOES NOT EXIST! The Nonexistent Tazz's Avatar
    On the lotto: I prefer having a set number for the win, because all the points spent in GCeA will add up so quickly it will make the person who wins it mind-numbingly rich if they win. The second or third options sound best to me.

On the quests: I know they probably won't go to the pre-mades first unless they have writers block or it's too early for their own quest to make sense. However, just in case, I'd have at least one or two pre-mades. Also, by making pre-mades, you could make the opportunity to have people play as other characters important to GCeA's backstory. (though, they could also do this with the custom-made ones-as in, the ones they make with you.)

Also, when I said "How about just giving them a set amount of 'points' that you have to spend during the event, with no way to restock them?," I meant "No way to get additional points, period, not even through posting." Just clarifying a possibly easy to misunderstand point.

If there is THAT much stuff to be won in a quest, that's fine. I'd make sure they get a majority, or at least half, of the stuff they won over, especially if they won. As these are possibly non canon, 'winning' the sidequests and getting the 'happy' ending isn't exactly a must...

Avatar by the incredibly awesome Neo Emolga.

Zigzagoon: Hatch @8,669; Linoone @ Level 100: 8,829

My VPP Stats! - My Prism Stats! - My URPG Stats!
    BEHOLD THEM AND DESPAIR!!

GUITAR WARROIR! medeleymedeleymedeleyMOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Quote Originally Posted by The Nonexistent Tazz View Post
    On the lotto: I prefer having a set number for the win, because all the points spent in GCeA will add up so quickly it will make the person who wins it mind-numbingly rich if they win. The second or third options sound best to me.

Thanks for the feedback the second option is the one im looking at.
    On the quests: I know they probably won't go to the pre-mades first unless they have writers block or it's too early for their own quest to make sense. However, just in case, I'd have at least one or two pre-mades. Also, by making pre-mades, you could make the opportunity to have people play as other characters important to GCeA's backstory. (though, they could also do this with the custom-made ones-as in, the ones they make with you.)
    A few pre-made quests was my thoughts as well. A template would needed to written up for people who would want to help build theres. Having side characters or backstory characters would be great. Could give people another outlet to work on a character.

Also, when I said "How about just giving them a set amount of 'points' that you have to spend during the event, with no way to restock them?," I meant "No way to get additional points, period, not even through posting." Just clarifying a possibly easy to misunderstand point.

This is the part I will need figure out, there is more to it than just a set number.

If there is THAT much stuff to be won in a quest, that's fine. I'd make sure they get a majority, or at least half, of the stuff they won over, especially if they won. As these are possibly non canon, 'winning' the sidequests and getting the 'happy' ending isn't exactly a must...
    The point of the quest would be for an item or pokemon, not come back with a treasure of things. Your work is suppose to lead just to the pokemon. The rest of the stuff is up in the air.

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

If there's THAT much stuff and the goal is to only get one thing, why even bother with the rest of the stuff? Alternatively, if there's that much stuff, why restrict it to one prize?

I'd say that, at absolute bare minimum, of the many things you could possibly obtain in the side-quest, aside from the main prize, you can only take three of the things you found back to the main game. They could be ANYTHING-no limits aside from there only being three-but only three.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Hmm okay guys, I have an idea. What about if we do a dreamworld style sort of thing. Where our characters randomly have strange dreams, where this quest happens. Then once the objective is completed the character 'wakes up'. Then the character receivers their prizes in the next major town. This way the quest can happen outside of the story, and still be incorporated, plus it can add some creative aspects to it.

5. This post has been liked by:

THAT IS BRILLIANT.

That is what we should be doing! It makes for...Odd implications, of course, but still!

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Hmm okay guys, I have an idea. What about if we do a dreamworld style sort of thing. Where our characters randomly have strange dreams, where this quest happens. Then once the objective is completed the character 'wakes up'. Then the character receivers their prizes in the next major town. This way the quest can happen outside of the story, and still be incorporated, plus it can add some creative aspects to it.
    This is a decent idea. It does make for an interesting base for stories.

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

I think it's a good idea.
    VPP:

Dreamworld... sounds really legitimately cool

Oh and sorry about my lapse of posting, I just got moved to different barracks without internet access. I will try and find a source of internet for my personal time.
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
    Fire finds its form in the heat of the forge.

Levi of Sapphire! Reggie of Emerald

Quote Originally Posted by Dragotech View Post
    Dreamworld... sounds really legitimately cool

Oh and sorry about my lapse of posting, I just got moved to different barracks without internet access. I will try and find a source of internet for my personal time.
    do you get much personal time ?

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

Usually I get weekends and whatever time is not taken up after class
    So I do get it on a daily basis, but it will be less than what I usually have since I have to have a willing battle buddy to get out of the barracks, and after final formation I have to stay indoors.
    I may be allowed out as far as barracks in front of ours without a battle buddy, so I may be able to use theirs if there is a decent connection there
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, Personal Courage.
    Fire finds its form in the heat of the forge.

Levi of Sapphire! Reggie of Emerald