Page 8 of 37 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Administrator

It already has! At least in Japan it has. It all starts with a dance that entrances all!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

A Dance? I must see this. Do you have a video I could watch?

VPP

Administrator

Last Year's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZMQQpJ4v1o

This Year's: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TitPht6YJo and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcf8xOhaxYU

also I found out my new laptop came with some issues. Apparently the speakers and microphone are messed up or not properly placed or set up...? The audio takes time it seems to start up when starting videos on places like YouTube. The internal microphone (I made sure to turn on and allow with any and all apps) seems messed up too. I tried using Skype and my friend can barely hear me. So I turn the audio settings for the mic on Skype up to max, still nothing. So I go even further into the computer in every setting for sounds and turn the audio and mic up to the max levels (including the microphone boost to max) and still nothing. Soooo I'm gonna have to send in my "brand new" laptop to get serviced/checked .

The time is upon us...

See now, this is the kind of dancing and such that really brings out the high pitched squealing 12 year old girl in everyone. Now if you excuse me, I need to go find my sanity.

(gone insane from cuteness and amazingness happens more often then you'd think)

VPP

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Ha ha, gotta love that Pikachu dance!

I really wish I knew if this was legit or not, because I would so totally buy one of those awesome Pikachu mascot costumes if I was totally sure this was the real deal and not some clunky, weird, and awkward-looking knock-off scam that wasn't what they had in the pictures. I dunno, 7 year gold supplier... it seems promising. What do you think? Because seriously, I would love to have one of them and go walking around town with it and see what kind of reaction it causes. It would be epic!

As for your audio, maybe try redownloading the sound card driver. I had a weird issue with sound not too long ago, and I ended up throwing out a set of perfectly good speakers when it was a sound card driver being out of date.

Administrator

I dunno, never seen that site myself and the image showing it looks like it was taken right off the internet lol. Description says they sell all kinds of related items too though so hard to tell. I do know most of those exact Mascot Pikachu cotsumes are in the $100 range though, so they got the pricing right if it's legit.

Thanks for the tip, but to no avail. Forgot to mention I even uninstalled the driver for the audio and mic and reinstalled, yet nothing. So I dunno what it is. They got back to me in an email saying "try increasing the boost mic settings" even though I told them it was maxed out. So after replaying to them they said they would service it and gave me directions to send it back. SO might as well try and get everything in working order before the first 30 days in case I find out I could get something better with no issues lol. Maybe a cheaper one at that and have enough back to go buy a New 3DS for PSMD. My Pikachu 3DS XL is great and all, but I wanna try seeing the game in full 3D (at times at least) without straining my eyes and having to hold it a certain way.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I dunno, never seen that site myself and the image showing it looks like it was taken right off the internet lol. Description says they sell all kinds of related items too though so hard to tell. I do know most of those exact Mascot Pikachu cotsumes are in the $100 range though, so they got the pricing right if it's legit.
    Yeah, it's super, super easy to take any Pikachu mascot picture off of Google and just slap a watermark on it. You could be a total Photoshop doofus and still do it.

I mean, that place (Happy Island) has the 7 year gold supplier, they have the Trade Assurance thing turned on, the English is actually ok and not funky grammar, the price makes sense, and I Googled the company and really didn't come across that many incidents of it being a scam. But the big thing with the Trade Assurance is Alibaba mentions this:

"If the supplier breaks the on-time shipment or product quality terms of your contract, Alibaba.com will refund the covered amount of your payment."

"If we confirm that the supplier has breached the terms of your contract, we will reduce the level of their Trade Assurance Limit."

Having that kind of safety net is nice to know about and I highly doubt a scammer would go through that kind of trouble for seven years while having that kind of thing turned on. I dunno, I might just take a deep breath, grab the dice, and go for it, but make it clear that hey, I want the one that's in that picture.

And if it does work out well, awesome! Then, of course, learning the Pikachu dance would be an absolute obligation.

The other obligation is, of course, to tell us so we can get the costumes and learn the dance ourselves.

VPP

Administrator

That is the best course of options yes!

So about PSMD I still haven't seen anything on the cover plate outside of the US yet. Now, though there is a new special offer of special postcards with meta casing from a amazon.co.jp purchase. Along with that and the detailed artwork book I hope those all make it outside of Japan. I'd love to pick those up.

The time is upon us...

>tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    The AntIvOId is dead. Never forget.

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler: