I Used to Love That Show!

Any shows you used to like that you no longer care for? If so, were they?

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I have plenty of shows I loved that simply ended. Scrubs was great up until Season 9, and Futurama was cool before they ended that.

I did like The Walking Dead for the first three seasons, but I kind of dropped out of it early in Season 4. It was beginning to feel like it was suffering from too much "been there, done that" syndrome and that the way the series was casually killing off its characters made it hard to really care about them anymore. That, and there was an awful lot of filler being dumped in there, some of it being kind of whiny and overly dramatic.

I also used to watch the Pokemon anime religiously, and then just got absolutely sick of Ash's blunders around the Ruby and Sapphire era (when 3rd gen first came out). I think the change in voice actors was the final nail in the coffin for me. If you're changing character voices, you might as well start fresh and change characters also.

Bleach was also an anime I really got into... and then just stopped because that anime DRAGGED ON like it was nobody's business. All of Season 2 was just a super-long drawn out rescue mission that was just bursting with filler. I really wanted to like Bleach, but it just got too boring at times to keep rolling with it. That, and I wasn't crazy about the way Ichigo cheated in his powers. I'm ok with characters getting a little lucky here and there, but that was too much. It would have been much better if he found a way to tactfully outsmart the opposing Soul Reapers rather than pull that stuff out of a hat.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Pokemon for Neo's reasons.

House because they changed cast and I kind of just lost interest a bit during season 5. I used to be addicted to that show, too. Now I still haven't even seen seasons 7 and 8 at all!

New Girl, lost interest half way through season 1 because one of the main characters annoyed me and also Zooey's character went a bit overboard with the "cute & awkward" stuff.

Falling Skies... I don't know why, I still need to go back and watch the last season.
    GCEA