Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Welcome back! And wow, you've been busy!

I like how you've been experimenting with different forms and methods of art as well. And it's cool to see how you're willing to draw just about anything and everything. Great work as always! :3

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Woohoo Neko arts! Aw that Vulpix is gorgeous! It looks so warm and fluffy!

That fish looks great! It's really cool to see your more realistic work as well! You're so talented! Also, impressive Transformers!
    GCEA

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    That rattata is so cute! I love the vulpix and all the sketches too.

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    That rattata is so cute! I love the vulpix and all the sketches too.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Woohoo Neko arts! Aw that Vulpix is gorgeous! It looks so warm and fluffy!

That fish looks great! It's really cool to see your more realistic work as well! You're so talented! Also, impressive Transformers!
    Yeee! Thank you! I need to work on more realistic stuff. It's tough, but it's good practice!

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Welcome back! And wow, you've been busy!

I like how you've been experimenting with different forms and methods of art as well. And it's cool to see how you're willing to draw just about anything and everything. Great work as always! :3
    I have been! Trying to be, at least!

I do love mixing things up a bit since I find myself defaulting to my PRS style more often than I should. And it's certainly a nice break to draw things other than PRS related stuff. xD

----

Not much new on the art side, PRS excluded. Finals hit hard this year and I've spent some time working out some life things. I got into grad school. So there's that. Signing my soul away for 3 more years. -throws confetti and dies- xD

I'll post some classwork from last semester if I remember.

A welcome back image for Evildraws/Evilplays after her super long hiatus of EoH!

Video:

---

These are the May Sketch Requests (They were actually made Wed. but they're to make up for my lack of doing so in May!) Had a blast in this stream!

Video:

---

Animation for class: We had to do a rough animation to capture the general motion of two animals interacting based off a reference clip.

And then had to do it in 3D with a focus on a procedural/technical aspect. Mine was a collision between the Cheetah and the 2nd Cheetah (I didn't have time to model/rig a dog) causing the Cheetah's spots to fly off. unfortunately, the spots didn't render properly on the Cheetah before the collision. So it looks like blood splatter. xD I went with a cell-shaded look for both time and aesthetic purposes. We had to have a visual target- and I always loved the dramatic African sunset paintings. Hence my choice in colors and whatnot.

----

Digital Environments: Kingdom Hearts - Daybreak Town

We had to recreate Daybreak Town in 3D for an assignment. Not going to post much of the 3D stuff since I'm too lazy to hunt that down- also my main focus of the project was to create the matte painting for the environment map. I didn't paint the buildings in the front- those are from the reference photo to see how it'll look in the scene. Sky/castle were painted.

----

Digital Environments: How to Train Your Dragon - The Great Hall

Same task, except different scene. I was in charge of some modeling (tables), texturing (tapestry, wood carvings) and all of the lighting!

----

Other Doodles: Some of the nicer sketches I've done lately. I post a sketch a day (on most days, anyway) on Patreon.

5. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

That Explorers of Hearts picture looks amazing! You did especially well with Erica! And my baby Seishieon looks so good!

I really like your digital environments too. Having never played Kingdom Hearts that much I can't say how good it looks in comparison to the games but overall it looks amazing. I'm stunned at how accurate the Great Hall is though from How to Train Your Dragon. The attention to detail is fascinating! I can even see the lines in the wood!

And of course as always your dragons and snakes look fabulous.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Frickkkkkkk, these are awesome! Wow, I don't even know what to say I like most but I gotta say the one that really zings me is that Great Hall from How to Train Your Dragon. And that Umbreon is hands-down gorgeous.

One of these days I need to try drawing along with your process videos in a Bob Ross kind of way.

Frickkkkkkk, these are awesome! Wow, I don't even know what to say I like most but I gotta say the one that really zings me is that Great Hall from How to Train Your Dragon. And that Umbreon is hands-down gorgeous.

One of these days I need to try drawing along with your process videos in a Bob Ross kind of way.
    Thank you! ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    That Explorers of Hearts picture looks amazing! You did especially well with Erica! And my baby Seishieon looks so good!

I really like your digital environments too. Having never played Kingdom Hearts that much I can't say how good it looks in comparison to the games but overall it looks amazing. I'm stunned at how accurate the Great Hall is though from How to Train Your Dragon. The attention to detail is fascinating! I can even see the lines in the wood!

And of course as always your dragons and snakes look fabulous.
    Eee! Thank you! Those DE projects were killers on the group's sanity, but we pulled through!

---

New art:

Icon Commission for Robin. xD

----

And some WIP for the big thank-you image for the PRS 4th anniversary. Still have many more sketches to do for this

---

Edit: Tonal study for another commission:

Last edited by Nekomata; 06-22-2017 at 07:10 AM.

Senior Administrator

Ha, ha, gotta love that cone of shame sketch! Thanks for chuckle. :3

And that panther one at the end is badass and awesome! Epic job on more savory art goodness!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Ahaha Mujaffa got coned!
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Ahaha Mujaffa got coned!
    Bwahahaha. xD He did

Ha, ha, gotta love that cone of shame sketch! Thanks for chuckle. :3

And that panther one at the end is badass and awesome! Epic job on more savory art goodness!
    The Cone of Shame is a joke in the discord server I run. xD Mujaffa got himself kicked for breaking a few rules so I gave him a 'Cone of Shame' role as a joke afterward. Then I just used it to tease him for a while. xD

And another WIP of the panther below! She's actually a character from one of my stories- one that won't be going public for a while. I love her so much, even if she's one of the main antagonists. Every single one of those stones hanging from the trees represents a death she is responsible for. =) And you can only see part of the tree in this.

----

Still need to texture the tree and the stones

---

Postcard image for Patreon July 2017