Page 19 of 29 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    O: Wow that is an incredible picture. The whole thing is just so awesome! >w< I LOVE the colour scheme and the lighting and everything aaahhh! And I also love that little lapras in the background! The outlines being coloured in that bright light colour where the sun hits his body is such an effective look! I love it. :D I've never thought to do that before but it works so well.

I'm always so impressed with your backgrounds because they always look amazing, and you must spend so much time on them. I do have a question though which I've been wondering for a long time--doesn't it take you five billion times longer to draw something in such a large scale? I wish I could draw at that scale and downsize it because obviously it looks better, but oh my god doesn't it take you forEVER? xD I never draw at a larger scale then downsize...which is lame because I'd like to, but when I draw bigger things, I tend to mess up shapes more easily and I feel like everything would take me twice as long. Do you find this, or is it just so normal for you now that it doesn't take you any more time?

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    O: Wow that is an incredible picture. The whole thing is just so awesome! >w< I LOVE the colour scheme and the lighting and everything aaahhh! And I also love that little lapras in the background! The outlines being coloured in that bright light colour where the sun hits his body is such an effective look! I love it. :D I've never thought to do that before but it works so well.

I'm always so impressed with your backgrounds because they always look amazing, and you must spend so much time on them. I do have a question though which I've been wondering for a long time--doesn't it take you five billion times longer to draw something in such a large scale? I wish I could draw at that scale and downsize it because obviously it looks better, but oh my god doesn't it take you forEVER? xD I never draw at a larger scale then downsize...which is lame because I'd like to, but when I draw bigger things, I tend to mess up shapes more easily and I feel like everything would take me twice as long. Do you find this, or is it just so normal for you now that it doesn't take you any more time?
    Thank you! I love doing sunset type-lighting. So colorful. The highlighted outline is a thing I picked up from MTMTE (A comic I will forever highly recommend for both art and story.) The whole image, based on Chakra's request, was feeling very PMD. Pikachu with PMD scarf at a beach with bubbles was -screaming- PMD Time/Darkness, so I just had to add Lapras!

I spent about 4 hours on this piece total. Not too bad. With working at a scaled up size, I don't usually take much longer. I just zoom out and paint normally. The difference is I can go in and do tiny details more easily than I can at a small scale. Downsizing tends to hide a lot of the wobbly lines, so I can be a bit more loose with my lines and details and still have it look good at the end. Though, every now and then I'll load the file at 100% zoom at a spot I painted zoomed out and I'm just 'woah- is that how it really looks?!' xD In the end, it just takes a little longer to do high-res files. The biggest issue is that the massive images tend to lag my computer after a while- which means I have to wait for a bit for some actions/tools to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow Neko! Chakra's commission is GORGEOUS! Look at those colours! The bubbles are perfect too :O Can't wait to see Chakra's reaction. xD You're amazing at sunsets!

Also it's really cool to see your process in the commission above that! I love how your "quick value/tonal study" is already amazing on its own! xD Really cool to see how you art :3
    YEEE! Thank you so much! Chakra screamed to me via pm. xD Had a lot of fun with that one- bubbles are both easy and entertaining to draw.

That commission was a lot of work- showing the process or 'steps' I take with a painting approach is helpful for some, so why not? xD Tonal studies help a lot with planning paintings.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Oh snap, Chakra is going to THRILLED when he sees that! XD

That's amazing and what an awesome job you did with the colors, shading, and especially those palm trees! I always get lazy with those. XD
    Yeee! Thank you!

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    Commission for @Chakramaster !

Had a blast working on this. Final file is a massive 5.7k px wide- but the palm trees don't look all that good at the higher res... but that's why we scale down. =D
    I responded on to you on it in the PM, but I gotta do it here too. Thank you for this amazing piece of art, Neko! It's SUPER amazing! The sunset and reflective looks on the bubbles, shading, colors, everything. Absolutely STUNNING! I appreciate the work put into this! I can't believe it only took around a total of 4 hours though! =0 the Laura's in the background as another amazing addition! =D

Your artwork is always amazing, Neko! Always enjoy seeing the amazing artwork from you and the others from PXR. Your process is spectacular! Thank you so much again! =D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I responded on to you on it in the PM, but I gotta do it here too. Thank you for this amazing piece of art, Neko! It's SUPER amazing! The sunset and reflective looks on the bubbles, shading, colors, everything. Absolutely STUNNING! I appreciate the work put into this! I can't believe it only took around a total of 4 hours though! =0 the Laura's in the background as another amazing addition! =D

Your artwork is always amazing, Neko! Always enjoy seeing the amazing artwork from you and the others from PXR. Your process is spectacular! Thank you so much again! =D
    THANK YOU! I'm really glad you liked it. <3 Had a lot of fun on it!

--

Patreon Postcard for OCtober: ECHO

Doing a sticker run later tonight. Will involve this precious Naya chibi and some Mega Houndooms. Just waiting for a friend to get on before I make them available to buy. =D

6. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

She's so cute n' fluffy! XD

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Aww what a cute sticker :D Do you get copies of your own stickers and stick them on something? *images a giant wall of stickers*
    GCEA

Administrator

Some cute and interesting looks still! Really amazing work, Neko! :D

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Some cute and interesting looks still! Really amazing work, Neko! :D
    Thank you! =D Having fun with this all!

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Aww what a cute sticker :D Do you get copies of your own stickers and stick them on something? *images a giant wall of stickers*
    Ye- I order a few for myself and place them on my laptop or other things I'm not likely to get rid of. xD This Naya sticker has managed to stay available still- which is good considering the last Naya one got taken down within a few hours cause someone reported it for copyright (technically, Pokemon stickers aren't allowed. But sssshhhhh)

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    She's so cute n' fluffy! XD
    She is a precious floof. <3

Stickers available here: https://www.redbubble.com/people/Petuniabubbles/shop

---

This month's Request stream was quite busy!

11. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Wow, dang, that's quite a sketch-fest, but they look great! And is that Ori I see (far left, third down from the top) or am I getting that mistaken for something else?