Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
@Lunar Latias
Webcomics take a crapton of dedication. It can be hard to keep up with making them since you really want to get to the really good/exciting parts of the story, but the process of making a single page takes several hours. The amount of story you can progress in a written fiction is so much greater than that made in the same time spent on a comic. Comics have their advantages- you don't have to describe anything. You let the images speak for themselves. It's easier to do a fight scene and let the reader see what's happening then saying "He punched. She punched back."

And good luck- I've been working on/off on Nightfall/Sunrise for over 6 years now, I think. Of course, I've rebooted each at least once and have scrapped tons of the original since- but still. Finding just the right way to tell a story will be worth it. Eventually.

Most characters are balanced- a few are markedly stronger than others, but I always find a way to balance it out. Spirit magic stands out as being the most powerful overall, but it's rare and a double-edged sword. The only characters meant to be OP are basically Gods... soooooo. xD

Speaking of Sunrise/Nightfall: Here's a commission done for my partner in crime (one of them- our team is now three people) of Rayne and Hail playing/training. Neither are Nightfall characters, but I used this as an opportunity to test out a style for Nightfall. The style still needs work, but it's a start.

Click the image to open a larger version than the forum allows.

Edit: Estimate time is about 5-6 hours. Still more than I'd like considering this is a lot smaller than the comic page files will be... but we'll see. xD

Here's some WIP screenshots I took for Robin/Lark as I worked. Cause why not

Spoiler:

Robin went offline half-way during work-session #2, so I stopped screencapping stuff. xD
You and your lovely art work. Is this forum too small to hold your big drawings?! <3 6 years...good god. Now I can't wait for your pet project to come into fruition. That's a hell lot of dedication and hardwork you've put into sunrise and nightfall, Neko. Fantabulous artwork as well!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk