Thread: Yokai Watch

Yokai Watch

Is anyone playing this game? I know I am, and enjoying it very much, more than I enjoy any Pokemon game, tbh.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I was interested in this since everyone was talking it up a lot and it's similarities to Pokemon. I haven't played the game except for a minute on a demo, but I saw an episode of the show and it really put me off. It was about a yokai that literally makes fart noises and the episode was about farting and the yokai looked like a butt.... o_o

I wouldn't let it bother me that much since the Pokemon anime is often bad too, but I also don't really like the yokai designs. They don't have the same appeal as Pokemon for me. They're mostly very weird and to me they are ugly. So yeah, it's probably not something I will pursue, though I wouldn't mind giving the game a chance. I'm not a big gamer though. The world has to interest me for me to like something!
    GCEA

Yeah, I'm in the same boat as Sarah. I think the Yokai are strange and ugly...The farting episode makes me think that Yokai Watch (at least the anime version) targets young, immature boys (and the fact that it's on Disney XD in America). I thought about trying the demo, but I can't really get past the designs of the Yokai, lol...

|||||||||

Yeah...I'm in the same boat too. xD I played the demo and it seemed fun, but the designs are really weird--mostly the ones that look like old men. o_o Or just humans in general. Creatures who bare a strong resemblance to humans don't interest me much. I mean, humanoid pokemon are fine, since they only have a similar shape and such, rather than a wrinkly face and big, bushy eyebrows.

Like this. This is literally a poodle with a middle-aged man's face on it. It even has glasses.

No thanks. ^

I haven't seen the anime but it sounds disappointing. xD

The demo was fun, but the gameplay was repetitive and didn't offer much for me. They kind of do all the work for you in battles as well. And I'm under the impression that you stay in the neighbourhood rather than venture out into forests and other terrains... I could be wrong about that, though. The suburban look doesn't get me in unless I'm playing The Sims.