Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Wow that's so cool! I love watercolours! :D You are a lucky man! A Gem original! One day it will be worth millions! :O

Definitely let us know when you work out commission pricing, Gem! <3 And I love the Pika! What a cute fluffy guy! The lightning looks great too!
    Thanks! C:

I am currently working out pricing, but it's so hard. Like, I don't want to undercharge but I don't want to overcharge either. I wanted to tear my hair out yesterday trying to think of prices. xD

For the general sketch I'm thinking something along the lines on $25 AUD? Which is approx. $18.50 USD. You're lucky since the Aussie dollar is currently under the US. xD Obviously the more/less detail it has, the price might differ a little. What do people think? /seriouslyineedhelp

And sketches are easy to price. It's the full-blown artwork I'm having trouble with. 3:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

It must be so hard to price! I recon you just have to pick a price to start. If you don't get (m)any takers you can lower it and if you get lots you can think about increasing it. I assume that's how people come up with prices! $25 seems pretty reasonable! I guess you could also take into account how much time each one takes, and if you want to gather interest to begin with, you could offer some lower prices things to get started maybe. I have never bought art so I have no idea what things go for!
    GCEA

Administrator

It's all about what it is, how much time, how much they want in the sketch, if they really want the full artwork in person or just digitally, etc. It's a tough thing to sort out. Probably it would be best to just do a test and see where it goes. As Sarah said, set it at a price. If it gets too much attention, set it a bit higher after you catch up on current orders. If not many takers, decrease it a little. It's a learn as you go kinda process. Then again sometimes it'll be less active while others it may skyrocket. Hey if you get well known enough you may start getting advertised. I know one artist who was advertised by a Youtuber recently and her order list blew up to the point she needed to shut down her store just to catch up with orders. That was back in October and it's still down today =3
    Still, would be interested in looking into it at some point after you start commissions...of course I don't wanna go broke either xD

As for the name of the project it shouldn't be too hard. You'll come up with something. Could even use your name as part of it. Gemma's Gems, Art's a Gem, etc stuff like that. Naming projects are hard for something long term =3. Unless you think it'd be better to use a more set name with Pokemon as to help advertise the actual project.

If anything, it'll only help you improve more and get your workout there (never know, it may even lead to something bigger). That and it'll help fund future projects and such.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Even if I set my prices high (which I won't) it's all about advertising. If you get popular people advertising your stuff, others are going to naturally want to buy it. I saw on dA you can pay people (in points or money) to advertise on their page. Might be worth looking into if it's not too much. Whatever gets me out there, right? xD Hopefully I can finalise prices enough to get 'em out this weekend and actually start some commissions!

And Sarah, I read that some person said not to start out low, even if you don't get many commissions, because people will expect it of you that you keep your prices low. So if you raise them too much they probably won't come back for more. Also the price represents the quality of your work. So the better the quality, the higher the price.

Also, have a Raichu sprite. For Speed's HD pixel project thing. xD Took me forever cause I nitpicked it so much. Oh and an animated icon I did for my dA sometime last week.

Administrator

Another artist I've been following just reopened her store today. While she does coloring as well, she sells her art (not custom though as far as I've seen) for around $15 + shipping. That's not through DA though so it's something you'll need to look into for sure. So around your if you aren't wanting to start out too low then about what Sarah said sounds fair. If no gain then lowering it may help. Hey maybe someone will find you online and help advertise for you that has connections. It seems that's how things go now and how all these artists or people in general get more well known. Keep us updated though on what you figure out or if you need help figuring it out.

Awesome Raichu you made Gemma! Especially the animated one! Lol you really like the added fluff of fur on the head like that don't you? On the Pikachu you drew and now with the Raichu xD. Either way it looks really cute either way. Even with the added fluff xD

The time is upon us...

OTL COMMISSION PRICING IS FINALLY DONE. URGH.

I hope the prices are okay, I based them off artists' work that was similar in style and quality to mine. Please view > HERE <
    Additionally, there's also a link in my sig.

Thanks, Eric! :D YES. Actually, that Raichu is my OC, Zanna. (the animated one anyway). Although I just realised I forgot to add the other fur tufts. >.>;; Oh well. I just think it looks cute, aha.

I'll see if I get any through this for now, and if not I'll have to market myself more and maybe adjust the prices. At least I didn't make them hundreds of dollars. xD

7. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

I guess you know soon enough how pricing is. Depending on if you get many commissions. If not, some of the higher priced ones might need slight adjusting later (not by much)

Ah, so that's based off Zanna. Still trying to play catch up there btw lol. Explains where you got the idea for the fur tufts. Oh well it's missing in places on the sprite, but that's alright. Still has the "cute" factor going like you said.

Yeah just try not to make them so overpriced people run and never look back =3. Hopefully it all works out!

The time is upon us...

Yesss! I knew you could do it. Like I said, once I figure out what I want and my budget, expect a message from me soon xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

10. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    I guess you know soon enough how pricing is. Depending on if you get many commissions. If not, some of the higher priced ones might need slight adjusting later (not by much)

Ah, so that's based off Zanna. Still trying to play catch up there btw lol. Explains where you got the idea for the fur tufts. Oh well it's missing in places on the sprite, but that's alright. Still has the "cute" factor going like you said.

Yeah just try not to make them so overpriced people run and never look back =3. Hopefully it all works out!
    Considering things, I don't really think they're overpriced. I do put hours of hard effort into these things, and I used a lot of references which priced things the same - I just used a currency converter to work out my prices. xD Things look so much lower if you use USD or Euro as your currency lol. But yeah, if they need adjusting I can always do it later. I did say certain things were open to negotiation depending on detail. Prices can be so finicky around that.

Even if I just get commissions for sketches for now, I'm happy. :3

Technically! I mean she never evolves in the story, but I just wanted to show what she was like if she did ever happen to evolve, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    Yesss! I knew you could do it. Like I said, once I figure out what I want and my budget, expect a message from me soon xD
    Thank you, Sarah. ;u; I can't wait to actually do some!

So... 20 dollars for the drawing I want? With Mega Aggron, Mega Steelix, and LiS Max and Victoria?

Done. I get paid on the 24th.
    Paired with Jessu
    .|.Instagram.|.TiKToK.|.Podcast.|.Buy Stuff.|.Gallery.|.
    ~