Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post

THAT IS... AWESOME!!!

Okay, so here I was lying in bed at 5:30AM (I typically wake up at this time naturally for no bloody reason at all), and I just decided to whip out my tablet to browse PXR. Ah, I got a mention, let's check it out. I tap the link, and WHAM, there's this masterpiece, and I'm fumbling with the tablet keyboard trying to reply and said "you know what, screw it, I'm getting my butt out of bed, hopping on my computer, and writing a proper response to this one.

I TOTALLY ADORE IT, it's beyond incredible and I really love the mischievous grin! You captured all the cool, fun, and mischievous things I love about Emolga flawlessly. I was feeling a bit down yesterday, but this definitely made me smile this morning, and for that much-needed happiness, I thank you a lot. You made this WAY faster than I had expected, and did an absolutely amazing job on it! Like Xanthe said, the shading is amazing, the pose and expression is unique and super cool and cute, and it totally captures the charm that makes your art so lovable. I swear, the more I look at it, the more I smile.

Hope you don't mind, there was this blah empty space on the back wall of my desk, so I printed it out and filled that pesky empty void with this lovable guy. This is definitely a keeper.

(I really need to clean my desk off, but eh, whatever).

A++, double thumbs up, 100%, platinum trophy, and all that lovely jazz! Gem, you ROCK, what an epic job!
    YOU PUT IT UP IN YOUR ROOM. ASADFGAFSFDG. *faints* @.@

That is SO super cool of you, Neo! I'm so happy you love my artwork enough to display it. <3 That totally reminds me, I should sign all these sketches with my signature, I keep forgetting. xD;

I can't believe you got up at 5am to write this. XD My artwork is more precious than your sleep! Haha. I was really hoping I did your cute Emolga justice on this one, but I think I captured its expression fairly well! I got (literally) a crap tonne of references from Google to get it just right. Aww, Neo! You shouldn't ever feel down, but if ya do I can always draw you another Emolga picture. n.n I'm happy it makes you feel happy, because that's what I strive for when I draw. And if I've made you smile, even just a little bit (or even a whole lot!), than I've done the job I wanted.

Actually, I didn't expect to do it yesterday. I was originally going to draw another character for my fanfic, but I had this feeling that I needed to draw Emolga and so I did. It worked out well, eh. :D Maybe somewhere deep down, my tenth sense felt you needed to be picked up. xD Urgh. Thank you a tonne. ;u;

You made my day, Neo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Oh man that was SUPER fast. That's amazingly well done. Like the others already said, that shading is amazing! You really capture Emolga's impish grin/cuteness factors in this really well. Your art style is really super special Gem!

Edit: ok I can't stop looking at it now xD. Keep finding myself coming back here to see it again.
    It was, wasn't it. xD Even I didn't expect to get it up so fast, but sometimes it happens! That shading style I do...I'm pretty sure it came from somewhere, although I can't really remember. It's like a soft type of cell-shading that I adore. <3 And sometimes (like with the Emolga) I mix in hard shading with soft shading and it just turns out cool. *o*

Thanks for the feedback, Eric! I'm glad my little Emolga made you smile, too! n.n Maybe you need one for your wall as well. xD

OH MY GOSH. I just had a totally epic idea! If I start a project, called the 151 (placeholder title!) and draw a sketch of the first 151 Pokemon, THEN put them all into a collage on my wall. Ohmygoshyes. I AM SO doing this. 8D But it's gonna take a long time to do so many sketches, not to mention would that even fit on my wall...?

YOU ARE ALL SO NICE. ;u; Thanks to you, too, Xanthe!

2. This post has been liked by: