Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    AHAHAHA LOW POLY DUGTRIO HAIR IS FABULOUS. Srsly. Nice.

haha, I just find Alolan Dugtrio hilarious so I'm so happy I rolled it.
    Sorry that Mesprit was a little bit late but it is up now, I was quite busy yesterday so didn't get to finish it completely and post it.
    Time for the next one.
    Coru's Low Poly Calendar: Jan 4th
    Roserade

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I love that Mesprit, Coru! I really think the colours and different shades work well for it. :D Can't wait to see what you do with Roserade!

One thing I've noticed, though, is that you often use long, thin triangles for your polygonal work. Maybe you could try making it a little more intricate by adding more triangles so they're not quite as "stretched", so to speak. Maybe try varying the sizing and angles a little more. c:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Hahaha I love that Dugtrio. xD Mesprit is really gorgeous. :)
    GCEA

Cool mesprit! I wonder, what is the reason for not doing eyes? O: Is it just a technique/style thing?

Also, for themes...maybe you could do a type theme? Give each pokemon you do a retype into a certain type (like ice)?

Senior Moderator

I hate Alolan Dugtrio, BUT DANG THAT LOW POLY DUGTRIO IS FABULOUS! LIKE FAB-U-LUCIOUS!

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Haha, thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    One thing I've noticed, though, is that you often use long, thin triangles for your polygonal work. Maybe you could try making it a little more intricate by adding more triangles so they're not quite as "stretched", so to speak. Maybe try varying the sizing and angles a little more. c:
    I've noticed that and loathed it so much, I'm going to attempt to try and correct that because sometimes it just looks a little odd. The way I do my poly art though usually causes it but I can tweak it a bit.

So..... I've now fallen behind like a week but that was because I had a uni deadline today to work towards so I kind of gave it up for a week, but I've now got no lectures or anything for about 3 weeks so I'll be able to catch up. Expect an overhaul of Pokemon over the next few days, meanwhile, I shall give you the Roserade I did as an apology haha.

Spoiler:

if you want to see the full size you have to click on it. for some reason I can't embed it on here because the file is too large or something

BTW, I don't know if anything has been changed but now I keep getting messages saying my file size is too large to put into the post but it's probably smaller than previous pictures I have put on here so I'm finding it a real issue to put my art in this thread, especially since tinypic has now banned my uni wifi IP address for some reason.

Feel free to check out my Instagram for design and art stuffs

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I'm not sure about the problems you're having with images (I haven't had any), but I use imgur to upload. I wonder if that makes a difference at all?

Also don't worry about posting when you have school and such; we all know that's more important. xD And yeah I can understand the thing with the triangles. You noticed though, so that's good. C: Just do 'em how ya can! They still look awesome, and so does that Roserade. *u*

I personally like the long triangular shapes; maybe just dont use them too much though! But yeah they're nice, as they help give that "folded paper" look.

Btw imgur is the superior race. Tinypic is the spawn of satan

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

10. This post has been liked by:

Awesome Roserade, Coru! I like the smaller triangles, but I didn't have a problem with the bigger ones either (though sometimes there was white that showed between the triangle lines, like the background coming through). I don't know why you've had weird image restriction problems. Is it the forum telling you? If so, what's the message that pops up? I've posted huge images before and they were fine. Alternatively you can use the [imgsize] tag which you use like this:

[imgsize=value] img link [/imgsize]

The value depends on how big you want it. For instance, you can try 500 and see how it looks, and if it's too big, try 200, etc. I BELIEVE the value affects only the y axis, meaning that it'll be 500px tall, and the x value will scale accordingly.