Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar

Tablet or Mouse?

What do you use for your artwork?

It depends on what I'm doing, really. Obviously for illustrations I prefer to use my trusty Wacom Bamboo tablet. :D For banners, avis, or any other graphic related work I'll just use a mouse, or the trackpad on my Macbook haha. Although last week I did use a mouse to draw a Mawile in the XAT Dex, but this was only because I was at work and had access to nothing but a mouse. ;n; It took me SO LONG to draw the thing!

Oh, and if you use a tablet, what kind is it?

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Since I don't have a tablet nor have I ever used one, I'll give my perspective on what I have used, a mouse versus a track pad. I prefer the mouse to the track pad when it comes to drawing since the track pad tends to... glitch and doesn't follow hand movements very well. The mouse usually does much better for me.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Janobii View Post
    Since I don't have a tablet nor have I ever used one, I'll give my perspective on what I have used, a mouse versus a track pad. I prefer the mouse to the track pad when it comes to drawing since the track pad tends to... glitch and doesn't follow hand movements very well. The mouse usually does much better for me.
    Ouch, I don't know how people can draw without a tablet. ;n; But sometimes it works! If I just use Photoshop's pen tool for illustrations, then I'm just fine on the mouse or trackpad. But anything else and I need my trusty tablet. xD

Do you think you'll ever try using a tablet, Noble?

TABLET, NOTHING ELSE.

Even for pixel art. I'm just so UNBELIEVABLY used to using a tablet that the only time I don't use one is when I'm playing a game, since tablets just aren't calibrated for most games xD they just aren't.

I seriously commend those who work solely with a mouse or touchpad, though...whether they can help it or not. So much patience that I no longer have! xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

5. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

Ouch, I don't know how people can draw without a tablet. ;n; But sometimes it works! If I just use Photoshop's pen tool for illustrations, then I'm just fine on the mouse or trackpad. But anything else and I need my trusty tablet. xD

Do you think you'll ever try using a tablet, Noble?
    If I ever get the chance to try a tablet totally.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

7. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Janobii View Post
    If I ever get the chance to try a tablet totally.
    They're definitely nice, but they do take a bit of time getting used to. At first I was like, "this whole hovering thing is weird"

Now it's like, second nature xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

For drawn art, I rely on my trusty Wacom Bamboo Fun. It's a great tablet that I've had for years and has allowed me to create many great drawings. For banners and stuff like that, I mostly use the mouse.

Drawing characters with a mouse is just a headache. I just couldn't go back to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    They're definitely nice, but they do take a bit of time getting used to. At first I was like, "this whole hovering thing is weird"

Now it's like, second nature xD
    LOL. You should have seen me the first time I tried to use a tablet. XD I was all over the place! But I got used to it pretty quick, cause it's similar to the whole pen and paper feel.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I got a tablet last year so I use that for drawing now. But I stick with a mouse for graphics and sprites. :)

My lines are way cleaner using a mouse or track pad tbh. Especially using the pen tool in photoshop. XD I haven't worked out how to get real smooth lines like some of you do with a tablet yet, unless you guys use the pen tool with the tablet somehow??? So I can only do sketchy stuff on tablet, but I don't mind. :D

I used a mouse for so long that I still like drawing with it as well and I actually find it easier to colour in and stuff cos I don't feel like I am grinding my tablet pen to death.
    GCEA

I have a hard time doing aaaaaaany drawing or graphic related thing with a mouse. xD I always use a tablet. I'm so used to it now that it's just so useful.

I have a Wacom Bamboo thingo. It's kinda old and tiny. c: But I love it!