Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PS POSSIBLY BACK ONLINE JULY 14TH

So first up I don't know where this should go, so if it's not in the right area, feel free to move it.

Now, back to the subject at hand.
    I've received word via Tumblr that Johan announced the Pokestadium forums will be back online July 14th, if not sooner. As of now, I don't know whether this is a hoax or not; however information does come from a trusted secondary source (an ex-moderator on PS / a close friend). I have asked her where Johan actually said this, however I can't log in to Tumblr at the minute so I can't see her reply. Will update with information when obtained.

The original message on my Tumblr can be found here ((warning: autoplay and swearing)). For those who are curious, themasqueradeofhonor was Kittyliu on PS.

EDIT:: Thanks to Sonic20 for confirming this for me; it is, indeed, not a hoax. n_n
    Last edited by Song 7; 07-03-2014 at 07:30 PM.

The Chaotix's Ace Attorney Blaquaza's Avatar

What in the name of Palutena!?

This is great news. Great, great news. PS was my home back in the day, and if this isn't some kind of joke (and I doubt it is because kitty probably wouldn't lie about something this big), it'll be like a reunion of sorts. A happy reunion that will complete the hole that has been missing since the closure of PS, but won't be able to try and stomp on PXR's territory.

I'd definitely be happy if we managed to at least show some of the PE2K group and PXRians our ol' place. There are some things from PS that I'll never be able to forget, like all of the regions we made, and Dimension Distortion. Nostalgia is killing me right now.

Credits to Neo Emolga for the avatar and the banner!
    Spoiler:

Tbh I kind of hope the forums is starting fresh because some of my old stuff's really embarrassing. lol

It's not that I think Kitty's not telling the truth, it's just Tumblr is famous for circulating false info and I'm concerned that somebody may have lied to her. As mentioned in my post, I've been having a pretty terrible week, and if the endless amount of children's TV shows I've been watching have taught me anything, it's if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Pretty sure it's reputable though n_n
    _.-:*
    Glaciers have melted to the sea
    I wish the tide would take me over
    I've been down on my knees
    And you just keep on getting closer
    Aah…
    *:-._
    ((avatar drawn by, and owned by, Bryan Lee O'Malley))

Nobody here has lied, as myself and others can confirm johan said there's a high chance of it re-opening in the chat.

I myself am probably going to stay here, and stay at pokepavillion, and return there. Stretched between 3? Of course I may or may not pull this off.

If so, I'd really enjoy if it's still not following the events of the new more "mature ruleset", Yes, I was quite content with it myself, but what followed was an absolute disaster that really is going to frighten more people instead of draw them in.

Quote Originally Posted by Song 7 View Post
    Tbh I kind of hope the forums is starting fresh because some of my old stuff's really embarrassing. lol

It's not that I think Kitty's not telling the truth, it's just Tumblr is famous for circulating false info and I'm concerned that somebody may have lied to her. As mentioned in my post, I've been having a pretty terrible week, and if the endless amount of children's TV shows I've been watching have taught me anything, it's if it seems too good to be true, it probably is. Pretty sure it's reputable though n_n
    Yeah, I was deleting some of my more embarrassing posts just before the forum closed in case it was ever dug up again.

Tumblr is pretty I famous for the rumours. I hope that she hasn't been fed false information, because whoever said it to her will have to put up with my wrath. I hope it doesn't turn out that another old member pulled a Gegi on us and went all evil mastermind.

And I really hope your week gets better. The last thing you need is false hope, so if Sonic and Kitty are right, your week may get that little bit better. I'm also hoping that the rules are more like the PS of old, and not the rules that led to the demise of the forums.

Spoiler:

So what exactly happened to lead to the downfall of PS, anyway? A lot of people talk about it on here and since then Ive been curious to take a look around the old forums, but sadly they are no more.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

URPG Staff

This isn't a lie or a hoax, it is coming sometime by the 14th at the latest according to him, since he's working on the site. I have screenshots, evidence and everything anyone needs if they really need me to grab it.

The downfall of PS started a little while after we did moderator submissions and got new ones, maybe about a month or two. Basically, Johan made a new rule set because he wanted the forum to be more in his way, so he went out and banned 12 people about that would have broken these rules. The rules + the bannings caused an outrage, and it was a long time. Then, Johan said that he was closing down a little while after, and it got....very dramatic to say the least on the forums. But with it coming back, it should be great to see the place again and I can't wait to get back there :3

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    So what exactly happened to lead to the downfall of PS, anyway? A lot of people talk about it on here and since then Ive been curious to take a look around the old forums, but sadly they are no more.
    I forget the exact story, but it was pretty crazy:

Lots of immature members flooded PS
    Members were a little bit annoyed by this feet the 5000th noob broke the rules repeatedly
    Johan wanted to make the rules mature
    Beloved members were banned due to the new rules
    People wanted them (I seem to recall one in particular - Water Master) to be unbanned and were very vocal
    Johan had enough of the 'rebellion' and closed the forums

Did I get that right? It feels like it was an eternity ago.

Spoiler:

A fairy a day keeps the Hydra away The-Hydra's Avatar
    I wasn't one of the unfortunate banned folk, but me and Pokeman were made into the only "Non-forum members" on the site, which meant we could do everything except PM and post. It kinda sucked.

Provided that I can become a full member again there, I'm afraid I may have to say goodbye to PXR. I'll at least stick around until the end of the WAR, of course. Don't wanna abandon my team. I've had a lot of fun and learned a lot in my time here, and overall, it's made me a better person/forum member/Pokémon fan/showdown player.
    Spoiler:

TEAM MAGMA WOOOOO

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'm really happy for you guys! I know how nice it was to see PE2K back up again. :D I hope you won't leave us though!
    GCEA

11. This post has been liked by: