Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
Okay, so I decided to read up on the requirements of Genocide runs, what choices need to be made at each step, and got the whole gist of it via the walkthrough explained on the Wikia site.

And...

Spoiler:
...holy crap.

It. Freaking. Permanently. Alters. Your. Game.

Yeeeaaaah... I don't know how I feel about that. I liked that True Pacifist ending and doing this kind of thing dumps a permanent turd all over it that you actually have to go through quite a few hoops to pluck it out of your hard drive and off of the Steam cloud. And that whole Chara breaking the fourth wall crap is kinda creepy. I know it's just a simple game and a few devs having some dark fun with their audience, but geez, that's kind of messed up on a number of levels.

As someone that doesn't play evil characters to begin with in RPGs, this is seriously a high-dive plunge into the dark side like never before.

So yeah, if I asked "what would Jesus do," I don't think he'd touch this with a ten foot pole. Thanks but... *shivers* no thanks...
XD

Spoiler:
Well, yes, it does do that. And although there's a bit of effort required it IS possible to completely reset the save file. Also, if you're concerned, you can always back up all the files in your current playthrough to some other place on your computer. Then, if you ever want to replay another pacifist mode, you'd just have to replace/switch the files around. I wasn't bothered by it too much like a lot of people seem to be. Maybe I am evil at heart? xD

That's fine if you don't want to, though.