Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Desolate Divine View Post
    I have a singing assessment tomorrow morning that I am putting of practising for and a Music Theory exam in two weeks which I should ace anyway.

I've currently got a good project up my sleeve for youth group.

We have a massive database with all the details of our young people. I have had it ready for a while, however wanted to write up an agreement for the leaders to sign before giving access to them. Then everything with my ex-mate went down and now I think it is even more vital. So I wrote up an agreement basically outlining what Leaders have to do in order to keep this private.

Then I realized something. There are leaders who have partners that know all their passwords, so even if I had it set only to their google account, their partner could still access it.

Basically, because Google Drive doesn't allow you to put an individual password on individual files, I had to create a spreadsheet to view the database (not the database itself) which has its own self contained login (username and password) in order to view any information. I have been working on that for hours. Now I gotta rewrite the agreement to suit the current system.
    Hope your singing assessment went well! I don't even know how you'd practice for that. xD

Ooh nice! Seems like you're building up heaps of useful skills. :) I hope they appreciate all your hard work!
    GCEA

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Hope your singing assessment went well! I don't even know how you'd practice for that. xD

Ooh nice! Seems like you're building up heaps of useful skills. :) I hope they appreciate all your hard work!
    Haha I passed. By 2.5%. Part of t is sight singing melodies and rhythms, so I was practising them, as wel as singing chords (Eg A major 7 is A, C#, E and G# so I need to be able to sing all of those notes if given an A.

But yeah I just passed. Now I need to know how I did with my written test to know if I passed the unit.

Haha they appreciate it. If anything they're concerned I am doing too much and gonna burn myself out. However I found a bit of inspiration to keep writing the story I have been writing here, so I might do more of that and less work to make sure I'm not killing myself.