Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
Nicely done, Sloane! :D Looks great! I do think that the lineart needs to be darker, though. Lineart should always be darker where there is shading. I can see you have done that, but the change is so minimal you can hardly tell. Also, for the shiny colours, the lineart of the body is lighter than the lineart of the pink on the differently coloured features. This results in a banding-type look and stands out in a negative way. An easy fix is to just adjust the darkness of the lines.

I think they would also benefit from harder shading tones, as the difference is barely visible. It makes for difficult readability. Anti-aliasing also really helps to make larger pixel art pieces not seem so jagged. Additionally, this is your colour pallet:

There's an enormous number of colours there considering both fakemon have only pinks in their pallet. Try to reuse colours as much as you can!
Most of what you said makes sense and I'll consider it for next time, but I do have a question about anti-aliasing and the colors. See in my experience whenever I use anti-aliasing it makes the sprites blurry and harder to see. It hurts the quality of the sprite. As for the colors, both the regular sprite and the shiny sprite use four colors. These are the base white, the base pink, the inner ear/iris pink, and the yellow for the eyebrows in the regular sprite, and the colors in the same corresponding areas for the shiny sprite. The rest of the colors is just shading so I'm a bit confused what you mean to use less colors since most pokemon palettes stick to 3-4 main colors.

Quote Originally Posted by AWA1997 View Post
Just scrolled through this whole thread and have a couple things to say.

1) I don’t remember seeing the one of me in a tux (probably because my memory is Swiss cheese) and it’s awesome.
2) Holy cow you’ve gotten so much better at all of this. Keep it up, it’s amazing!
I don't remember how old that is either so there's no telling what it was for. XD But thank you! I've been working at it for years so we'll see how much better I can get.