So tonight was great. Legit, so great.

I met a girl...

I say that loosely. We had met very briefly before but had never been properly introduced, and tonight we actually talked for like a solid half hour and only stopped because her brother was there and wanted to go home.

About a month back we went on a youth group camp, and took a small group of people from a nearby church with us. Since then, we have been doing combined Young Adults events with this church. That's where I met this girl.

Two weeks ago, we had a bonfire at someones house, and I noticed her there, however we barely spoke outside of the game the group was playing. However, and I am not quite sure why I did as it could have very easily come off as creepy, I added her on Facebook and she accepted it fairly quickly.

Last week my church had a drive in movie night where we stuck a big-a** screen on the side of the building and everyone parked their cars in front of it and watched the movie from there. However we didn't talk that night outside of when she approached my car to make sure hers wasn't impeding my view.

Tonight however, was great. There was a movie night at someones house from her church. I got there at the same time as my friend who went to school with her, and she approached the pair of us, and did the whole awkward "Jacob?" name confirmation and chatted with the pair of us. She had to duck home and the movie started so I got a seat and watched the movie. Once it was over, my friend was doing something else and she came over and started chatting to me. Asked what I do with myself.

I gotta say I have noticed something this year. I have two jobs. I am the Youth Coordinator at my church, and I work casually in a liquid seaweed fertilizer factory. So when someone asks what I do, I open with the Youth Coordinator job, as it sounds more interesting and important, and comes with some authority. But unfortunately, everyone seems more interested in the factory job. She was the same.

She starts talking about this strawberry plant she has been trying to grow, and asking what fertilizer would be good for it, which I had no idea. That's when my mate came back and reminded me of the app. My boss at the factory is developing an app which basically allows you to search what crop you are growing and it will tell you what of our fertilizers to use. It isn't released yet, but because I am the only android user he knows and also have a history of programming and development, I have been beta testing it for him.

So I whip out the phone and the three of us spend the next few minuted huddled around it looking up what fertilizer is best for her strawberries, and us recommending different products based on how hard they are for us to make.

We talked for probably another half hour or so and it was great. Legit, I could not be happier with how tonight went. We have a lot in common (including us both freaking the hell out when my mate let me know of the giant huntsman on the door behind me), and she is smart, hilarious and a solid 10/10.

Like honestly, one more good night like this and I will ask her if she wants to go grab a drink sometime. And for once, I actually have a good feeling about this...