Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nintendo 2DS?!

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3m0d0ll View Post

Unless there are some 2DS-exclusive games that seem interesting. I really hope GF doesn't make a Pokemon game for the 2DS cos I really don't want to feel obligated to buy one. :/

If there is any difference in the production costs, I highly, highly doubt it's a notable amount. A lack of some screws and bolts wouldn't be the reason (or even a contribution to) why the system costs $50 less. :P
    Wait, are there going to be 2DS exclusive games?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    I don't know. I still probably won't buy one until I hear about a 2DS game that I like coming out. If they ever make 2DS exclusive games.

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Wait, are there going to be 2DS exclusive games?
    No, I highly doubt there will be exclusive games. This is just another version of the 3DS. Think of it like a 3DS Lite!

I was never a fan of the DS's design, but I kind of like this one, it's different! I never carry my DS around without its case, so not being foldable doesn't really make a difference to me, but I can see how it could be annoying. I already have a Pikachu 3DS XL so I won't be getting one of these. Unless they released a Bulbasaur one or something...
    GCEA

Just a passing through Kamen Rider Metal Gear Snivy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I already have a Pikachu 3DS XL so I won't be getting one of these.
    You are so lucky. ;_;

Hey guys, I'm back for good now!
    Right now... I have the feeling I can't lose!
    [ASB Stats] [VPP Stats] [Quotes] [Warrior Record]

No, I highly doubt there will be exclusive games. This is just another version of the 3DS. Think of it like a 3DS Lite!

I was never a fan of the DS's design, but I kind of like this one, it's different! I never carry my DS around without its case, so not being foldable doesn't really make a difference to me, but I can see how it could be annoying. I already have a Pikachu 3DS XL so I won't be getting one of these. Unless they released a Bulbasaur one or something...
    Yeah that's what I thought. And if they release a Bulbasaur 2DS... I'm so buying it.

My Links

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Yeah that's what I thought. And if they release a Bulbasaur 2DS... I'm so buying it.
    I wonder why... ;P

Yes... A 3DS lite... Only... That doesn't have any improvements and is actually a downgrade!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Teddiursa of the Sky View Post
    Yes... A 3DS lite... Only... That doesn't have any improvements and is actually a downgrade!
    Yeah, it's just 'lite' on the 3D. XD I dunno what they're thinking really. But it does make you wonder if 3D was a mistake and whether we can expect their next handheld to move away from it.
    GCEA

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Maybe this is a subtle admission of failure? I mean, Nintendo is more aimed at kids than the other big gaming companies (in my eyes at least), but the 3DS's 3D functionalities aren't recommended for children under 6. Kind of a screw up on thier behalf.

Now that I think about it, I might just get myself a regular 3DS instead. Better size, and easier to carry around. Just gotta wait until I get some money haha.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Maybe this is a subtle admission of failure? I mean, Nintendo is more aimed at kids than the other big gaming companies (in my eyes at least), but the 3DS's 3D functionalities aren't recommended for children under 6. Kind of a screw up on thier behalf.

Now that I think about it, I might just get myself a regular 3DS instead. Better size, and easier to carry around. Just gotta wait until I get some money haha.
    Maybe that's part of the reason they made a 2DS. Then again, you can turn off the 3D...

My Links