Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

When the storms got really rough as Hurricane Irma brushed past where I live, I did what any normal human being would do, grabbed my camera and took some pictures. Here are some of the better pictures I got. Sorry about the smudges, it was actively raining while I was taking pictures so I was constantly having to wipe water from the lens.

Spoiler:

Fun fact with those first two photos, after I took that first one there was a loud crack and a tree branch fell, the one you see in the second picture. Nearly hit a student and scared the crap out of the rest of us. Slightly bummed that I couldn't get the picture of the branch falling but oh well.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I hope you were somewhere safe when taking photos haha! It's funny it looks kinda peaceful in the still photos. Everything looks so deserted and quiet.
    GCEA

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I hope you were somewhere safe when taking photos haha! It's funny it looks kinda peaceful in the still photos. Everything looks so deserted and quiet.
    Not really, I was in the middle of the storm. It wasn't as dangerous as being in Florida, but at one point the winds were going so fast I did take flight for a few seconds. I was climbing up the hill you see in those pictures and a huge gust of wind blew past and knocked me back so hard that I went flying. I managed to land on two feet and then curled up on the ground until the wind calmed down. But yeah, it was really disorienting to see the campus so quiet.
    / / / / / / / /

Oh wow! Looks like Melbourne at the moment. Non-stop rain, uuggghhhh. But yeah, cool photos. O: Storms are awesome, except when there's the potential to be hurt in them. xD

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    This is cool! Nice job!

By the way, isn't it a rule to keep your art in one thread?

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    This is cool! Nice job!

By the way, isn't it a rule to keep your art in one thread?
    Thanks.

Hm... must have missed that memo. Well, I'm not the first to do it, I think Speed has at least two. Plus none of the other upper staff said anything. I thought that since photography is so much different than the other forms of art that it warranted its own thread and it appears most of the other people are on the same page with that. If it really bothers you I guess I could try to move everything from this thread to the other thread and then delete this one but that seems like overkill and a bit disorganized.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    Oh wow! Looks like Melbourne at the moment. Non-stop rain, uuggghhhh. But yeah, cool photos. O: Storms are awesome, except when there's the potential to be hurt in them. xD
    Haha that's true. I have mixed feelings about storms since I actually never grew out of my fear of thunder from when I was a kid. Even though it can't hurt me, it's still scary to me for some reason.
    / / / / / / / /

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Thanks.

Hm... must have missed that memo. Well, I'm not the first to do it, I think Speed has at least two. Plus none of the other upper staff said anything. I thought that since photography is so much different than the other forms of art that it warranted its own thread and it appears most of the other people are on the same page with that. If it really bothers you I guess I could try to move everything from this thread to the other thread and then delete this one but that seems like overkill and a bit disorganized.

Haha that's true. I have mixed feelings about storms since I actually never grew out of my fear of thunder from when I was a kid. Even though it can't hurt me, it's still scary to me for some reason.
    I mean I personally don't care. Do what you want!

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    I mean I personally don't care. Do what you want!
    Alright then I'll keep it as is then for now unless one of the other staff takes issue with it.
    / / / / / / / /