growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Game of Thrones Season 7 [spoilers]

Anyone keeping up with this? What did you like/dislike? What are you looking forward to in the final season?
    GCEA

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Definitely good, but over so quickly.

I totally thought Jamie was going to get killed by the Mountain.

Also, there are oodles of really funny GoT memes out there.

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Definitely good, but over so quickly.

I totally thought Jamie was going to get killed by the Mountain.

Also, there are oodles of really funny GoT memes out there.
    I thought Jaime was going to get killed by drowning! There's no way he could have been rescued and pulled so far away with all that armour on. xD

It did go so fast though. :/ And now we have to wait til 2019!

I hope GRRM manages to release the next book before then. xD
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I thought Jaime was going to get killed by drowning! There's no way he could have been rescued and pulled so far away with all that armour on. xD

It did go so fast though. :/ And now we have to wait til 2019!

I hope GRRM manages to release the next book before then. xD
    He sure takes his sweeeeeeet time with that, though.

I'll admit, I haven't read any of the books. It seems a little unnecessary considering the HBO series does such an awesome job and I feel most of it would just be rehashing what I've already seen.

What's cool is my boss is also really into Game of Thrones, so we have chats about that every now and then. She's also all caught up so I don't need to worry about accidentally dropping spoilers either. :3

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    He sure takes his sweeeeeeet time with that, though.

I'll admit, I haven't read any of the books. It seems a little unnecessary considering the HBO series does such an awesome job and I feel most of it would just be rehashing what I've already seen.

What's cool is my boss is also really into Game of Thrones, so we have chats about that every now and then. She's also all caught up so I don't need to worry about accidentally dropping spoilers either. :3
    Hm yeah. I started reading the books after I'd watched the corresponding season of the show. The books are a lot more involved and have more politics and stuff going on, so they're pretty interesting. The story is much better in the books with more twists and different things happening. There are also a bunch of things different between the show and the books. Most of the things that don't make much sense in the show don't come from the books. xD But the show is pretty much the highlights so unless you're really into the world, they're probably not worth reading. They're a pretty big investment as they're so big! Plus then you have to wait for the next ones which may never come. :P

That's cool your boss is into it! Most people I know seem to watch it. I always have to avoid facebook for a day or so after it airs as it airs Monday night here and I don't usually have a chance to watch it until Tuesday night. xD
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Hm yeah. I started reading the books after I'd watched the corresponding season of the show. The books are a lot more involved and have more politics and stuff going on, so they're pretty interesting. The story is much better in the books with more twists and different things happening. There are also a bunch of things different between the show and the books. Most of the things that don't make much sense in the show don't come from the books. xD But the show is pretty much the highlights so unless you're really into the world, they're probably not worth reading. They're a pretty big investment as they're so big! Plus then you have to wait for the next ones which may never come. :P

That's cool your boss is into it! Most people I know seem to watch it. I always have to avoid facebook for a day or so after it airs as it airs Monday night here and I don't usually have a chance to watch it until Tuesday night. xD
    I think one of the things that shies me away from the books is probably the heavy lore, background, and spaghetti bowl of complexity I'm anticipating. I like it when books start off simple and only get as complex as they need to be, whereas this series seems like it's got mountains of background that would just confuse me.

My boss and her husband decided to start over and watch it from the very beginning. I've been thinking of doing that too but then there's the how much time it will take issue. I'm someone who is almost never bored. XD