Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Ugh... that was not the best experience. Better go do something simple. Let's head back to that laundromat (33) and repair that doll thing.

VPP

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    "I better keep looking around this place and see what else I might find."

Search: (13) Goldwell Tools Manufacturing Plant
    As one of the biggest manufacturing plants in Southwarren, the Goldwell Tools factory is definitely a lot of ground to cover and you figure you might as well get started. You find the large factory is half old, half new. You can tell the older portion of the factory is more toward the west while the newer additions make up the eastern side. Nonetheless, the whole building has been made so both sides work in tandem. At night, it's very quiet and there's definitely not a soul working the graveyard shift. You wonder if it's always been that way or if the workers here are scared to death about the Stalkers.

The factory itself is a bit dirty. It's been running for a while now and it does contribute to the air pollution. The grounds around the building could be a little cleaner, also, but you figure even if they had grounds-keeping going at it every day, it would still get pretty dirty pretty quickly.

The windows don't revel much about what's going on inside either. All the lights are off and every now and then, you can still the LED of a machine here and there still on as they're in standby mode.

On the eastern side of the building, you find what appears to be a broken bottle, some glass fragments, and a bit of blood with a light green scale. It seems like someone cut themselves on this, leaving the scale behind. Seeing as how it could potentially be tied to a Stalker, you take the sample with you.

Pokémon Sample [Light Green Scale] has been added to the Team Inventory.

You circle around the perimeter of the rest of the building, but it seems there's really only trash, empty trucks, a few dumpsters by the loading area, and not really too much of else that would raise any alarms. You decide to head back.

Pixel the Porygon-Z (M: Normal)
    Health: 5/5
    Sanity: 3/4
    Perk: Science | Learned Abilities: Investigate
    Failed Assassinations: 0/2

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I'll interview #33 Kanja the Kecleon

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Hm... interesting. Well, seeing as we just interviewed Muruna, maybe we should interview #43 Vicker next?

Excellent idea! HELLO THERE! You! Yes, you the clefable there! Care to chat? How are you this fine evening? Doing well? I wanted to ask if you knew anything about the resident stalkers that are out and about.
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE
    +1 Shared Pokémon Type (Fairy)

You find Vicker the Clefable in the upstairs apartment of the Clean Easy Laundromat. While he had the door unlocked anyway, you find him watching some documentary on television about life on other planets and even a theorized report that there may be such things as humans. While deeply engrossed into the documentary, he's smoking some kind of pipe and it's creating a strange, old incense kind of smell in the room.

He turns to you as you enter the living room, which isn't that large to begin with. At first, you notice he keeps fidgeting with some kind of metallic triangle in his fingers. He then looks at you with a suspicious eye, as if he thinks there's a chance you may be a Stalker coming to take his life tonight.

"You..." he tells you in a low voice that seems a little on the creepy side. "I haven't seen you before."

You ask him if he cares to chat and how he is this fine evening before asking him about the Stalkers. He smirks as he comes to realize for obvious reasons there's no way you could possibly be the Stalker he might have thought you were.

"Perfect," he tells you in a snide tone as he fiddles with his bloody metal triangle. "As for those Stalkers, oh, I know they're around. And I have something one of them needs. This, right here."

He proudly flaunts the bloody triangle, and it just seems he can't get his hands off of it.

"Perhaps you didn't notice the door you're standing under is booby-trapped," Vicker tells you. "Oh, it's quite all right, I haven't armed it. I'm expecting my silly wife to come up any minute now and it would be in bad taste for it to spring on her, of course. You see, I'm still alive because I'm prepared. They come through that door, and, well, I'm not going to disclose the details, but they will likely die a horrible, screaming death. Now if only the rest of the fools in this town were so prepared as I have always been."

He then dangles the triangle before you again. He seems to almost be obsessed with this thing.

"They'll need to come for it eventually," he tells you. "At least one of them will. We'll see who it was this whole time. Or at least I will. Sadly, you, young Mimikyu, will just have to bear the burden of missing out on that. But oh, I'm sure you'll hear about it when I proudly display the wretch's body before the town to see."

Objective #43 Vicker the Clefable: <Diplomacy> has been identified in the Team Records.

You realize despite your rapport with him, you're going to need someone to specifically talk him into being compliant to give up this insidious blood-stained relic he doesn't want to let go of as it definitely seems related to the Stalkers. And despite his confidence, you have a feeling that traps or no traps, he may not be as prepared for a Stalker attack as he think he is.

Madder the Mimikyu (S: Ghost/Fairy)
    Health: 4/4
    Perk: Lockpick | Learned Abilities: Exorcism

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldSky View Post
    Lita decides to continue searching the park now that everyone has left for the night, and opts to search the western square.
    NOTES: Was changed to 2b, Northern Field

At night, Jekker Park seems a bit creepy, and it doesn't help that just last night, Salsha's body was found not too far away from here. The trees create shadows that seem to move and skitter on the ground while there are constant noises that could easily set someone on edge. Anything from a twig snapping, a tree rustling, or the wind gusting by makes noises that make you feel like you're being watched...

As expected, there's next to no Pokémon around and there's a somewhat chilling breeze that carries around you as you search around the northern area. Here, the field is somewhat more open, and the tree cover starts to wane a bit. Suddenly, you feel perhaps a bit uneasy as now you're in the open with fewer places to hide. You begin to wonder what might have been running through Salsha's mind before she was murdered and you feel it definitely must have been extremely frightening to realize what she was dealing with.

As you try to find whatever you can and possibly something that might explain Salsha's death, you mainly only find trash and neglected debris like glass bottles, wrappers, and the like. It seems like this area was originally intended to be a family picnic area with public grills, park benches, and even a wooden playground for young children Pokémon to enjoy, but it feels darker than death right now.

Besides one of the barbeque grills, you find someone has left behind a plastic blue barbeque lighter. You look around and it seems extremely unlikely whoever left it behind will ever come back for it, so you decide to take it with you. You check it and it still seems to work, creating an adjustable flame that can made to be larger or smaller. It seems like a pretty solid option for those who aren't fire Pokémon.

Item [Barbecue Lighter] has been added to the Team Inventory.

After just doing a quick search on the remaining areas you haven't checked yet, you don't really find too much else of possible value. You then head back to base, a bit happy to get out of that creepy area.

Lita the Pikachu (S: Electric)
    Sanity: 4/4
    Perk: Science | Learned Abilities: Investigate

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by sammy0295 View Post
    Investigate #12 Yandil the Smeargle
    Unsure of what to make of what you've heard about Yandil, you decide to do a stake out and use the shadows to watch the Smeargle and everything he does. You're not sure what you're bound to find and learn as you gather everything you need to dig deep into his life and agenda, but you're ready for anything.

Sam's Investigation on #12 Yandil the Smeargle has begun and will be completed at the end of the Day 3: Day Cycle.

Sam the Deerling (S: Normal/Grass)
    Perk: First Aid | Learned Abilities: Investigate

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Morzone View Post
    Ugh... that was not the best experience. Better go do something simple. Let's head back to that laundromat (33) and repair that doll thing.
    You decide to head back to the Clean Easy Laundromat to see what you can do for the Mimikyu puppet and get at whatever is inside it.

At night, the Laundromat is completely dark, though you can see the flickering of lights upstairs likely from Vicker still watching television. You decide to head inside the main store, where everything is quiet and turned off for the night.

You find the Suicide Mimikyu Puppet, which definitely seems like it has seen better days, but it's definitely not beyond your ability to repair. You're able to make use of the unused string around some of the ripped-off appendages to mend up the limbs that have been ripped off and you're able to undo the damage to the parts that have been bashed in by undoing the dents in its face. It looks slightly less creepier than before, thankfully. It doesn't seem like you'll need those replacement parts after all.

{Broken Mimikyu Suicide Puppet: <Repair> / Replacement Parts}

The object inside is still rattling, but it seems like if you just reach in deep enough with your claw, you might be able to pull it out as it just seems to be slightly stuck. You decide to try and go for it.

#Sharp Edges: Ground# Trap 20% Evasion Test: 2 out of 100: Failed

Julia has suffered 1 Damage to Health.

However, as soon as you reach in, you realized whatever was embedded into this puppet is extremely sharp and you suddenly jump as you pull your claw out of the Mimikyu puppet and see it's sticking into your hand causing a trickle of blood to leak all over your hand and drip upon the floor. You wince as you dig the object out, and make a grimace as you realize it looks to be some kind of reflective, mirror-like key.

Item [Mirror Shard Key] #Sharp Edges: Ground# (1 Health Damage) has been added to the Team Inventory.

You're not sure who would be sadistic enough to make a key that feels like handling a bare razor, but you find it's definitely tricky to handle without cutting yourself on it. You have a feeling whoever actually ends up using it better find a way to work around the sharp edges or else it's unlikely they will be able to turn it into whatever lock it's supposed to go into without cutting themselves on this thing.

You decide to head back, putting pressure on your hand to prevent it from bleeding so much.

Julia the Weavile (M: Dark/Ice)
    Health: 4/5
    Perk: Repair | Learned Abilities: Exorcism

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I'll interview #33 Kanja the Kecleon
    Interview Rapport: POSITIVE, INTIMIDATING
    +1 Shared Pokémon Evolution Stage
    +Intimidating (Fighting vs Normal)

As you realize it from entering the police station, Kanja has been assigned to the night shift to ensure there's always an officer on duty. However, it seems like even that just isn't enough.

You find Kanja at the police station where she's busy trying to review paperwork at her desk while her computer is displaying some rather grizzly crime scene photographs that Sten had taken. It seems like she wasn't able to get done what she needed to finish and it's like the reason why she's not out patrolling just quite yet.

You introduce yourself to her and her eyes open wide a bit, but she tries to relax.

"Oh, hello there," Kanja tells you, pushing aside the paperwork for now. "I hope you're not here to report something, are you?"

You explain that you're not, but you do want to know more about what's been going on with the Stalkers. Kanja sighs, looking like that's a subject that hasn't ever left the Kecleon's mind since all this started.

"It's not good, but it's more than what we think it is," Kanja tells you. "These aren't normal killers. They can do things beyond what a regular Pokémon can do. From the forensic reports, it doesn't matter if a victim Pokémon is strong or weak. These Stalkers kill, they're brutal about it, and it almost doesn't matter how prepared one is. I've seen and heard plenty."

"I'm not sure if staying in Southwarren is the smartest thing to do," Kanja tells you. "But then again, if everyone left, the Stalkers would just terrorize some other town. And I haven't even gone into motive, yet," Kanja explains. "Some killers do it for the infamy. That wicked attention. Some do it out of revenge, jealousy, bad relationships, or what have you. Not the Stalkers. There is dark, evil occult stuff going on here. There's some darker, seemingly supernatural purpose for it. Problem is, so many Pokémon don't believe in that. I think I'm the only officer that actually does despite what I've told them. And if I'm right, I think these victims that keep turning up are only finding out when it's too late."

"Well, I really need to head out on patrol," Kanja sighs, looking like she's hoping tonight goes better. "I should have been out there almost an hour ago. But that's another thing about Stalkers. Always striking at night. But the thing is even if we had an army of nocturnal Pokémon, they'd still find a way to kill."

"I'll try to gather up as much evidence as I can and get my reports together," Kanja tells you. "Come back sometime and I'll let you know if I've found anything. In the meantime, it's probably a good idea if you let us officers what you plan on doing, also. Maybe we can cover more ground that way if we work in tandem. Something like that could save lives if we communicate."

She then puts away her paperwork, shuts off her computer, and then gathers her things before heading out into the night.

Carly the Heracross (M: Bug/Fighting)
    Health: 5/5
    Perk: Diplomacy | Learned Abilities: Rescue/Escape

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'll interview #48 Nillian the Trumbeak and ask if they've seen anything suspicious that might be related to the Stalkers.
    GCEA

"I was stupid... So stupid"

I'll search (35) ApexMart, cause wynaut.