Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    I've got...well, kinda good news! At least, good news for me. xD

I've finally finished ALL of those shiny XYORAS icons I've been working at.
    Quote Originally Posted by GTSPlus
    Wow. I seriously cannot believe how outrageous some of the palettes are for the shiny Kalos Pokemon. I actually had to break some of the "rules" of this style to make it work.

I'm happy to say, though, that I have them all done! EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. o A o Here's a ZIP file to download. I swear it's not contaminated. Uploaded via Mediafire because that's probably one of the file-uploading sites that I trust the most. Was going to do 4shared, but that would inconvenience whoever wants to download the file that doesn't already have an account with them. They're all separated by region and listed by number. Then there's just little letter suffixes for alternate forms and such. Minus Castform's other formes, of course, since there isn't a difference.

Download EVERY SINGLE XYORAS shiny icon here

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

-bows to that of the pixel genie Speedy-

I love the blown up versions of the Pokemon, so smooth and silky looking.

3. This post has been liked by:

That just kinda became a thing. All of a sudden. I dunno, hahahah. Originally I was going to make it be a finalized version of the previous sketch I made. However, I was getting frustrated at Sketchbook's lack of having a paintbrush tool that's affected by pressure sensitivity (the closest I could come to was the pencil tool, which has very low opacity), I just copied the sketch into paint, changed the color format to black and white, refined the outlines, then just...viola. I dunno either. xD

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    ------------

So I was super-inspired by Pokemon subspecies on tumblr.

Basically, these are interpretations of what Pokemon would look like if they acquired traits from the father Pokemon, assuming he was a different species from the female. I personally like it when there are noticeable physiological changes, but at the same time, the changes aren't SO big that they make the Pokemon look like a fusion.

I started with Sneasel. I made a few sketches, and instead of finalizing my sketches and digitally going over them, I did what I know how to do best: pixel art. I took my old Hi-Res BW Sneasel sprites and made some edits.

You can probably tell what this one is.
    Changes: fur markings; ear and feather-ear are positioned more upwards and forwards; Sneasel's sclera are yellow; small protruding fangs; slightly larger snout / muzzle; red is more red and less pink; main body color is lighter and more gray-ish.

I was thinking of starting a project similar to Dredd's fusion gallery for these things. Thing is, the Pokemon that it slightly resembles needs to be in the same egg group as the mother. Makes more sense this way.

These are so fun to design, though! Fun to finalize, too.

------------

*coughs to break the awkward silence*

This one's with Torchic. I have a few more of these that I designed that I'm gonna finalize. x]

------------

7. This post has been liked by:

They are both cute and I love them. The funny things I didn't even know they had different Pokemon in them till I read the descriptions and looked at them again. I was like ohh well damn...lol. It's just enough without being to much.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

9. This post has been liked by:

Wow! You are a great pixel artist. It is really impressive. I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the future!!

11. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    So I was super-inspired by Pokemon subspecies on tumblr.

Basically, these are interpretations of what Pokemon would look like if they acquired traits from the father Pokemon, assuming he was a different species from the female. I personally like it when there are noticeable physiological changes, but at the same time, the changes aren't SO big that they make the Pokemon look like a fusion.

I started with Sneasel. I made a few sketches, and instead of finalizing my sketches and digitally going over them, I did what I know how to do best: pixel art. I took my old Hi-Res BW Sneasel sprites and made some edits.

You can probably tell what this one is.
    Changes: fur markings; ear and feather-ear are positioned more upwards and forwards; Sneasel's sclera are yellow; small protruding fangs; slightly larger snout / muzzle; red is more red and less pink; main body color is lighter and more gray-ish.

I was thinking of starting a project similar to Dredd's fusion gallery for these things. Thing is, the Pokemon that it slightly resembles needs to be in the same egg group as the mother. Makes more sense this way.

These are so fun to design, though! Fun to finalize, too.
    Thats a really cool idea. This things seem a little tough to do but they turn out great!

Proud partner with @Pokemon Trainer Sarah

Spoiler:

Gible bite's Comic

GCEA Trainer Links based on title characters

....GCEA Diamond/Platnium/ Blizard Blue/Platnium 2/ Pokemon Prism.......

Thanks so much for the comments you guys, it means a lot. ^^

It is, isn't it? I think since these kinds of Pokemon share more similarities to crossbreeds...I'll just call them that for now.

I've kinda figured out by looking at others' designs that there's a really thin line between a crossbreed / variation and a fusion.
    Fusions try to incorporate two (or more) characteristics of a Pokemon in a relatively even manner. These crossbreeds, though, don't incite drastic changes to the Pokemon and instead change them physiologically. For instance, notice how I didn't give the Torchic Sneasel a beak? Or replace its arms with wings? Crossbreeds keep the base Pokemon's design and adds elements to its design and at times will deviate its body shape. Also, a lot of the time a variation / crossbreed seems to have a nickname associated with it. For example, here here here here and here!
    Now just to think of clever names for these Sneasels. ._.

Also a lot of the time, the only characteristical changes to the Pokemon is its behavior. For example, a Torchic-bred Sneasel doesn't magically get fire powers. :P Basically...they're still the same Pokemon. They just have traits of whatever Pokemon their father was.

I changed the Poochyena-Sneasel a little bit to make it a little more shaggy and furry, like Poochyena. Also made it a little more grayish.

Oh, and here's a Stunky one. :>

Last one for the night...Absol. I'm so done now going to bed kthxbai
    Last edited by SassySnivy; 04-28-2015 at 05:11 AM.

------------

Well, made another crossbreed. I decided to quit on Sneasel crossbreeds and work on Snivy ones instead. :> I had this one sketched on paper; made an improved sketch in Sketchbook, went over it to make the outlines bolder, then resized it to be 100 pixels maximum. Then I just worked my magic from there. 14 colors, which isn't too bad.

Desert Snivy. :> It's a crossbreed with Sandile.

I have concepts for Scraggy, Sandshrew, Meowth, Aipom, Wooper, and Dunsparce. I'm going to start on the one for Meowth now, probably.

------------