Page 281 of 513 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 5121
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Daaaaaang man, 18 hours 3 days a week? Is that all in a row or different days? If they're all spread out then that's even worse. Hopefully things calm down and give you time to rest soon.

Nice Noble! Hopefully it turns out as great as it feels it went for you! Best of luck in that it went well!
    My band has been rehearsing on Monday and Wednesday from 9-11PM or 9:30-11:30PM, and it's about a 45 minute drive so I've been getting to bed at 1AM those nights. And I have to wake up every day at 7-8AM, so it's rough.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Your band definitely plays late. But yeah, I generally try to avoid driving around midnight.

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Your band definitely plays late. But yeah, I generally try to avoid driving around midnight.
    We all work during the day. It kinda sucks; I see cops all the time on 206 on the way home, but whatever gets us gigs.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    We all work during the day. It kinda sucks; I see cops all the time on 206 on the way home, but whatever gets us gigs.
    There's cops EVERYWHERE now. It's nuts.

Also, holy crap, I swear every other car on the road looks trashed. Dented doors, slashes like Wolverine got into a drunken brawl next to it, busted lights, missing bumpers, it's insane.

Administrator

Yeah cops have been out like mad here too lately. Can't drive anywhere without seeing a few on the road. Those speed detectors they usually have set up have a cop behind it. Not anymore. Apparently they e caught on that people expect that. So the sit around the corner or a few blocks down now too.

That reminds me of what my dad told us he saw on the road recently comping home. Traffic was backed up down the road he was heading and he told us he was debating takin another way. Cause way down the road he could see nothing but blue lights flashing up ahead. Well apparently he didn't go another way and he got to see it. Told us there was a wreck up there where a car hit a street light dead center. It was so hard or fast the street light went through the car from the center and was sitting in the back seat. Absolutely crazy story, but....I've searched it online, looked on new sites, and watches the news. I never heard anything on this. Makes me wonder if it was a movie shoot he drove by and didn't notice it. Sounds pretty unrealistic enough. For something like that to cut a car near in half.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Administrator

I hate to say it, but cops feel more like predators than protectors lately. Really, they should make you feel safer having them around, but instead of having that peace of mind, you're just wondering about if they're going to go after you and what they're going to ticket you for.

And that's nuts. I doubt they would have used an active public roadway if it were a movie shoot. They most likely would have tried to CGI it or something like that.

Also, motorcycle accidents are the worst. I've heard stories of motorcycle drivers getting dismembered and decapitated because of accidents. And there was one that flew off his bike, got thrown at a road sign, and just became goo upon impact. You sure won't catch me driving one of those things.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I hate to say it, but cops feel more like predators than protectors lately. Really, they should make you feel safer having them around, but instead of having that peace of mind, you're just wondering about if they're going to go after you and what they're going to ticket you for.

And that's nuts. I doubt they would have used an active public roadway if it were a movie shoot. They most likely would have tried to CGI it or something like that.

Also, motorcycle accidents are the worst. I've heard stories of motorcycle drivers getting dismembered and decapitated because of accidents. And there was one that flew off his bike, got thrown at a road sign, and just became goo upon impact. You sure won't catch me driving one of those things.
    Right there where the spot was he told us wasn't too busy a section, but it's known to be pretty dangerous. They have been doing a lot of filming here lately too. That movie The Mule with Clint Eastwood. Most of it was filmed here about 10 miles from where I live. Been seeing requests for people needed as background or extras at times for movies here. Not sure what all they try, but yeah it's crazy. Especially if it was real since I haven't seen a single thing on it in the news yet. It's been a few days too.

Motorcycle accidents are the absolute worst yeah. I'm never riding one myself. I don't have the best balance anyway. The fact if you have one accident you're most likely losing a limb it getting dismembered. It's quite high on the odds. I'm not risking something like that. I'm still not all that comfortable behind the wheel as it is in a normal car.

Yeah cops are great to have around, but along with all the controversies behind that. It's hard to know what to expect from them. Much less how to respond. That's why it's also good to know your laws and rights above all else. I'm thinking about getting a dashboard cam too. Cause the rise of those at lights or stop signs and gunning it backwards and trying to blame it on the person that stopped behind them safely is starting to skyrocket.

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

YES, definitely get a dashboard cam. I got one for my car because you never know. They can definitely help for insurance reasons and they can confirm a testimony if the other party tries to lie about it (which they almost always do).

Plus they're not too expensive. Considering they have the potential to save you thousands of bucks, I'd recommend getting one. There's plenty of decent models and they're all under $50.

Administrator

I don't have one yet. Need one, but I just spent a good portion of what I need on a PC. Still need the screen and desk.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

My parents refuse to get a dashboard cam because they think the footage will be used to extort them for money. Same reason they refuse to take a DNA test with 23andme. My mom is convinced it'll be used to connect us to our slave owning ancestors and people will try to sue us for it, which I've explained can't happen but my mom just goes "oh they'll figure out some way to do it".
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire