Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

NobleJanobii's Photography

A little-known fact is that is that I once wanted to be a professional photographer! So, having recently started up with photography again, here's where I'll post some of the pictures I take!

And we are starting off with a bang! Living in the path of totality, here are the pictures I took during the solar eclipse today.

Spoiler:

Here's the link to the post on Facebook if you'd rather see it there: here.
    Last edited by Noblejanobii; 08-22-2017 at 01:12 AM.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

2. This post has been liked by:

Awesome photos. I was like you I wanted to be a photographer but can't afford the good equipment but love taking pictures.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

4. This post has been liked by:

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Awesome photos. I was like you I wanted to be a photographer but can't afford the good equipment but love taking pictures.
    I actually just realized that didn't have all my pictures in it because Tumblr had a photo limit. I've edited it with a link to the Facebook album and edited in all the photos if you'd like to check it out again.
    @Neo Emolga GET BACK HERE AND CHECK IT OUT AGAIN
    / / / / / / / /

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I actually just realized that didn't have all my pictures in it because Tumblr had a photo limit. I've edited it with a link to the Facebook album and edited in all the photos if you'd like to check it out again.
    @Neo Emolga GET BACK HERE AND CHECK IT OUT AGAIN
    blAHrrAghgghh!!! OMG WOW YOU DID ME A REALLY BIG FRIGHTEN!

But really, these are pretty cool! Mmm, you're making me wish I had just stepped outside to check it out for a few minutes and snapped a few shots myself, but hey, these are great! Would have been nice if it happened yesterday, but ah, it's all good. These pictures make up for missing it. :3

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Saw these on FB! They're awesome! Thanks for sharing :) We didn't see the eclipse here xD You got some really great ones! Nice :O
    GCEA

Administrator

@Noblejanobii Hopefully you had that special lens to snap those shots? I heard it can damage your lens if it's not the right type to take photos. That's what had me worried about taking any direct photos of it. I was at work when it happened and since the store was sooooo dead when it was going on. Most the employees went outside to look around or at it (with the glasses). Some were crazy enough to look directly at it with NO glasses!

Either way, AMAZING photos, Noble! Too bad I wasn't in the totality area. There was only like a fingernail portion of the sun left here. So still dangerous to look at without the glasses.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    @<a href="http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/forum/member.php?u=5070" target="_blank">Noblejanobii</a> Hopefully you had that special lens to snap those shots? I heard it can damage your lens if it's not the right type to take photos. That's what had me worried about taking any direct photos of it. I was at work when it happened and since the store was sooooo dead when it was going on. Most the employees went outside to look around or at it (with the glasses). Some were crazy enough to look directly at it with NO glasses!

Either way, AMAZING photos, Noble! Too bad I wasn't in the totality area. There was only like a fingernail portion of the sun left here. So still dangerous to look at without the glasses.
    I looked once without glasses and haven't been able to get rid of the headache since.

Yes, I did use a solar lens for this. The pictures would not have shown up otherwise. It's why most of them have an orange tint to them. That's from the solar filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    blAHrrAghgghh!!! OMG WOW YOU DID ME A REALLY BIG FRIGHTEN!

But really, these are pretty cool! Mmm, you're making me wish I had just stepped outside to check it out for a few minutes and snapped a few shots myself, but hey, these are great! Would have been nice if it happened yesterday, but ah, it's all good. These pictures make up for missing it. :3
    No problem! It's what I'm here for! Glad I was able to make up for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Saw these on FB! They're awesome! Thanks for sharing :) We didn't see the eclipse here xD You got some really great ones! Nice :O
    Uhh, yes you did. I saw this video of the eclipse taken in Victoria, Australia.

https://i.imgur.com/ZwBECtA.gifv

Haters will say its fake.
    / / / / / / / /

10. This post has been liked by:

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I looked once without glasses and haven't been able to get rid of the headache since.

Yes, I did use a solar lens for this. The pictures would not have shown up otherwise. It's why most of them have an orange tint to them. That's from the solar filter.
    Either way it's still awesome! Lol my sister was babysitting yesterday when it happened. She was trying to put the kid to sleep when she saw it was getting dark outside and wondered why. She looked around and saw one glimps and quickly looked away. Forgetting the eclipse was supposed to happen. Since I can see things far away like that without my glasses. I was kinda too worried about even trying to use the glasses over my own until AFTER it was mostly over. I tried during and just like glanced up with the glasses over my own. Gotta be better prepared for the next one in seven years.

Good deal though. Glad to see they turned out so well too. I'm just glad the store was so dead to the point we could have a chance to step outside while it happened. Even if it was just for a few moments. Someone even posted a picture of someone from the staff got holding the glasses up to her face looking up. Looking like Cyclopes from X-Men......or someone from Matrix haha

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

You got some pretty awesome pics of the eclipse there! Great job!

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    You got some pretty awesome pics of the eclipse there! Great job!
    Thanks! I'm looking into joining the photography club at my college so hopefully I'll have some more pictures soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Either way it's still awesome! Lol my sister was babysitting yesterday when it happened. She was trying to put the kid to sleep when she saw it was getting dark outside and wondered why. She looked around and saw one glimps and quickly looked away. Forgetting the eclipse was supposed to happen. Since I can see things far away like that without my glasses. I was kinda too worried about even trying to use the glasses over my own until AFTER it was mostly over. I tried during and just like glanced up with the glasses over my own. Gotta be better prepared for the next one in seven years.

Good deal though. Glad to see they turned out so well too. I'm just glad the store was so dead to the point we could have a chance to step outside while it happened. Even if it was just for a few moments. Someone even posted a picture of someone from the staff got holding the glasses up to her face looking up. Looking like Cyclopes from X-Men......or someone from Matrix haha
    Haha that sounds like fun. Yeah it was definitely an unforgettable experience for sure.
    / / / / / / / /