My Links

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So how is everyone?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Tired with only 5 hours of sleep, but feeling way better since I’m no longer on a register. Back on my old team! Just gotta get back in my groove since I’m no longer in sports and outdoors. Instead, they have me in fishing (which I know nothing about) handling thugs they way I did with sports. So far 4 isles done in what...5 hours? That’s not too bad. Especially for the first day back on it.

What about you? How was your Saturday? Bad as last week?

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I'm doing fine, but the work situation I have is weird.

First half of the week, part time position #1, barely anything goes on and I've even tried to "invent" work for me to do without asking for it (basically writing up guides and questions while trying to help however I can). For me, asking for work doesn't get you commended, it just gets you splattered with the junk that no one else really wants to do. So I don't do that, but if someone asks me to do something, I'll hop right to it. Thing is, the real work isn't ready yet and right now the project director herself isn't even sure how to prepare the project and what exactly we're supposed to do to get to where we want to be. I talked to her last week and while it was nice to talk to her on the phone, everything is question marks all over the place.

Second half of the week, part time position #2, I've got more junk than I can handle. Redlining spreadsheets (which means you track what changed, if anything, by crossing old data out and highlighting new data in red with a highlighted cell). These puppies take like seven hours a piece, if not more, and I still have six of them to do. They're a mess when I first get them and I have to do all kinds of cleanup work to make them function the way they're supposed to through data comparison (if I want to do this the right way).

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    What about you? How was your Saturday? Bad as last week?
    Actually yeah. XD I didn't pass out this week but I got hit with a combo of like the flu + food poisoning. It was pretty bad on Friday and was still kinda bad on Saturday. It calmed down enough by the end of the day that I was actually able to stream with Neko as well as Silverlunarwing and Flameshadow and watch the Clemson football game. But I did have to pause occasionally to go throw up. It was a mess.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I'm doing fine, but the work situation I have is weird.

First half of the week, part time position #1, barely anything goes on and I've even tried to "invent" work for me to do without asking for it (basically writing up guides and questions while trying to help however I can). For me, asking for work doesn't get you commended, it just gets you splattered with the junk that no one else really wants to do. So I don't do that, but if someone asks me to do something, I'll hop right to it. Thing is, the real work isn't ready yet and right now the project director herself isn't even sure how to prepare the project and what exactly we're supposed to do to get to where we want to be. I talked to her last week and while it was nice to talk to her on the phone, everything is question marks all over the place.

Second half of the week, part time position #2, I've got more junk than I can handle. Redlining spreadsheets (which means you track what changed, if anything, by crossing old data out and highlighting new data in red with a highlighted cell). These puppies take like seven hours a piece, if not more, and I still have six of them to do. They're a mess when I first get them and I have to do all kinds of cleanup work to make them function the way they're supposed to through data comparison (if I want to do this the right way).

Those kinds of days are never fun. When no one has anything to do. It just makes the day drag on and on. Even if you try and make things to do. There's only so much you CAN do before it's just rehearsing the same things repeatedly. You just started on this new job. I don't understand why these places try and throw everything at you regardless of experiences. There's such a things as "a bit too much."

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    Actually yeah. XD I didn't pass out this week but I got hit with a combo of like the flu + food poisoning. It was pretty bad on Friday and was still kinda bad on Saturday. It calmed down enough by the end of the day that I was actually able to stream with Neko as well as Silverlunarwing and Flameshadow and watch the Clemson football game. But I did have to pause occasionally to go throw up. It was a mess.
    I think I remember you mentioning that over Discord. That's awful. I've been fine (until today). Got home from work and shut my eyes for about an hour and now my throat is slightly sore. Hate sore throats no matter how bad (especially the worse part of it though, but even slightly sore is annoying). Hey, at least you got to have some fun! A little personal time is what everyone needs from time to time. Especially with friends.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Well, at least my car got fixed, but they told me it may need new brakes and needs new tires soon. I'm thinking since it's getting close to winter anyway, I'll wait until November, but then I'll put on the snow tires and just toss the current worn tires out and just get a whole new set in the spring when it's time for the snow tires to come off.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Well, at least my car got fixed, but they told me it may need new brakes and needs new tires soon. I'm thinking since it's getting close to winter anyway, I'll wait until November, but then I'll put on the snow tires and just toss the current worn tires out and just get a whole new set in the spring when it's time for the snow tires to come off.
    Car issues can be seriously troublesome. Hopefully you can work it with them and get a package deal before it gets super expensive again. I’ll probably have to get mine checked again soon so I can get the heater/AC fixed. Takes a long time for both start up how they should. The AC works quicker, but isn’t as strong. The heater though? I can start it 20 minutes before I leave for work and it’s STILL not warmed up. So before it gets worse I might need that checked out myself.

So you already have the snow tires? I’m sure those are pretty useful. Hopefully they’re still in a good condition to use.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah and now we gotta deal with Hurricane Florence whipping at our butts. Lower half of the state got their classes cancelled for tomorrow. So not fair.
    / / / / / / / /