Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

So looking ahead it appears I'll be the first person to not have a digitally done page. It's okay if the pages I make are drawn traditionally and in black and white right?
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    So looking ahead it appears I'll be the first person to not have a digitally done page. It's okay if the pages I make are drawn traditionally and in black and white right?
    @azura evley will also be working traditionally for this, if I recall. There is no problem with this so long as it's legible. Here's some guidelines worth following- they're not hard set, just recommendations.

- Use a good scanner, not a camera. Unless taken from the perfect angle, the perspective will warp the page. Also, cameras rely on decent lighting. This can really mess up the legibility of a page.
    - I suggest INKING the page. Pencil can be hard to see after a scan or photo. Get some good inking/art pens for this- not your normal writing pens. These can make your page infinitely more legible.
    - This is a rule, actually: Make sure to edit the page in some art program to resize it to the proper size dimensions.
    - While you're there, adjusting brightness and contrast can help.
    - Please do your lettering digitally. For the sake of consistency and not having to read potentially bad handwriting (Not saying anyone's handwriting here is bad!)
    - Not a rule, but having color would be nice. But good coloring supplies can be a bit pricey.

Other notes:
    - Reminder that you're more than welcome to work with other artists during your turn. If you want to upload your pencils and ask an artist to digitally ink it for you then send it back to you for colors (or color it themselves), that's perfectly acceptable! This is a collaborative project by its very nature- don't be afraid to extend that to each individual page.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata View Post
    @azura evley will also be working traditionally for this, if I recall. There is no problem with this so long as it's legible. Here's some guidelines worth following- they're not hard set, just recommendations.

- Use a good scanner, not a camera. Unless taken from the perfect angle, the perspective will warp the page. Also, cameras rely on decent lighting. This can really mess up the legibility of a page.
    Can do, easily. If you check out most of more recent artwork it's been scanned so check out their quality and that's my scanner's quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekomata
    - I suggest INKING the page. Pencil can be hard to see after a scan or photo. Get some good inking/art pens for this- not your normal writing pens. These can make your page infinitely more legible.
    I own no such utensils and do not know where or if I can afford to do so, ergo I'll be using regular pens most likely.

- This is a rule, actually: Make sure to edit the page in some art program to resize it to the proper size dimensions.
    - While you're there, adjusting brightness and contrast can help.
    - Please do your lettering digitally. For the sake of consistency and not having to read potentially bad handwriting (Not saying anyone's handwriting here is bad!)
    I have the latest version of Photoshop so these can be done easily. The rules made no mention of a particular font I should use that I saw so I was thinking TradeGothicLT or trying to do it by mouse but the latter will probably be even less legible.

- Not a rule, but having color would be nice. But good coloring supplies can be a bit pricey.
    This is a no can do. I have neither the time, tools, money, or quality scanner to color my comics. Hence why I specified they'd be in black and white.

Other notes:
    - Reminder that you're more than welcome to work with other artists during your turn. If you want to upload your pencils and ask an artist to digitally ink it for you then send it back to you for colors (or color it themselves), that's perfectly acceptable! This is a collaborative project by its very nature- don't be afraid to extend that to each individual page.
    I mean if someone wants to volunteer their time to do that they can but I'm just fine doing what I usually do.
    / / / / / / / /

Can do, easily. If you check out most of more recent artwork it's been scanned so check out their quality and that's my scanner's quality.

I own no such utensils and do not know where or if I can afford to do so, ergo I'll be using regular pens most likely.

I have the latest version of Photoshop so these can be done easily. The rules made no mention of a particular font I should use that I saw so I was thinking TradeGothicLT or trying to do it by mouse but the latter will probably be even less legible.

This is a no can do. I have neither the time, tools, money, or quality scanner to color my comics. Hence why I specified they'd be in black and white.

I mean if someone wants to volunteer their time to do that they can but I'm just fine doing what I usually do.
    For pens, you can get a pack of Micron pens for a few dollars- I use them for any traditional inking I do. Not the best pens in the world, but they're probably the best quality you'll get for lower prices. I enjoy using them at least. I think a 6 pack goes for around $7 online. They also sell 3-packs.

As for font, we agreed a few pages back to use Back Issue font.

http://www.blambot.com/font_backissues.shtml

Edit: And by no means feel pressured to buy art pens for this. That's just some friendly artist advice there. Supplies can be expensive, so I thought it was worth throwing out a cheap decent-quality pen brand out for those interested. They're quite useful for a variety of projects. I've used them for a number of projects, so if you're interested in traditional art in general, I highly recommend.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

For pens, you can get a pack of Micron pens for a few dollars- I use them for any traditional inking I do. Not the best pens in the world, but they're probably the best quality you'll get for lower prices. I enjoy using them at least. I think a 6 pack goes for around $7 online. They also sell 3-packs.

As for font, we agreed a few pages back to use Back Issue font.

http://www.blambot.com/font_backissues.shtml
    Yeah even those are too expensive for me. I'm not in the financial situation right now to be buying stuff and I don't even have a means to go to a store anyway.

Oh I must've missed that okay I'll use that then.
    / / / / / / / /

Yeah even those are too expensive for me. I'm not in the financial situation right now to be buying stuff and I don't even have a means to go to a store anyway.

Oh I must've missed that okay I'll use that then.
    Other budget inking tools include sharpie markers. I'm just wary of your average office pens since the ink flow stinks and don't produce quality linework for drawing- especially over pencil.

And yeah, free font. Should download easy.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Suicune's Fire I LOVE YOUR PAGE!!!! It's amazing! I love Natalya where she is about to burst out laughing. XD Everything looks so great! Wow this is getting really interesting! You guys are all fantastic :D

And it's awesome that we're getting lots of views on SJ as well! Would it be worth putting a link to PXR in the description on SJ (if that's allowed??), inviting people to join in the community comic if interested?
    GCEA

8. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    @Suicune's Fire I LOVE YOUR PAGE!!!! It's amazing! I love Natalya where she is about to burst out laughing. XD Everything looks so great! Wow this is getting really interesting! You guys are all fantastic :D

And it's awesome that we're getting lots of views on SJ as well! Would it be worth putting a link to PXR in the description on SJ (if that's allowed??), inviting people to join in the community comic if interested?
    Ah, right- I should probably do that. xD I have no plans for doing a fancy layout for it, but the link should definitely be there!

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Ah, right- I should probably do that. xD I have no plans for doing a fancy layout for it, but the link should definitely be there!
    Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work Neko :D
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Awesome! Thanks for all your hard work Neko :D
    It's been added! And not a problem. I'm happy to be of help!

12. This post has been liked by: