As we all know, the world right now is in a very turbulent state. Britain is leaving the EU (much to my dismay), Trump is now President (much to my dismay), and all kinds of crazy shenanigans are happening all over the globe. I'm just wondering what you all think about the current state of the world, particularly with how some of the more controversial, continental pieces of news make you feel. One reason I wanted to make this thread is for people to vent their political gripes.

Here in the UK, we have a system in which anyone can make a petition, and those that get 100000+ signatures must be discussed in Parliament. One of those came out literally a couple of hours ago, and at the time I'm typing this up it has just under 250000 signatures (although that'll probably be far higher by the time I'm finished typing, given the speed it's going up). What is this petition? To ban Trump from making a State Visit to the UK. The description says that we're not saying he can't visit as a figure of authority (if only), but that he shouldn't be expected to meet the Queen and the royal family (who even then, I'm not too fond of) whilst he is acting the way he is. I'm sure you've all heard of the ban he's imposed on people born in predominantly Muslim countries from travelling to America. How is this allowed in any civilised society? A man so prejudiced and outright venomous should not be allowed an audience with anyone, let alone the Queen.

At the risk of getting hyperbolic, what he's doing is no better than what happened leading up to the Second World War. It's shockingly similar, in fact. This should not be tolerated by anyone. His apologists are equally bad, and our Prime Minister showed she's the spineless, moronic fool I've expected she is for quite some time now by refusing to criticise his actions. She wasn't even elected, and she's letting an inexperienced idiot from another country walk all over her. Does any MP even see how stupid this is?

Anyway, the floor is open to anyone else who needs to voice any qualms they have, or to challenge me on my views if you want.