Pixel Paper Keychains

So I started working on some pixel art-based paper keychains...again.

I actually made a few of these a few years back, though the premise was a little bit different. They were 8-bit esque, minimalistic renditions of different Pokemon. I finished the art for several Pokemon, but only really finished keychains for Oshawott and Tepig. I finished Snivy, too, minus lamination and actually getting the chains on there. Sadly, I don't know where all my Snivy ones are otherwise I'd show those off, too.

The original, double-sided keychains I made years back ago in all their glory. I just wish I still had the image file with all of the sprites made up for Pokemon that I actually hadn't finished.

I don't know what, but something kinda made me want to work on a project like this again, so I did. Instead of using that style of pixel art, I figured I would go with something a little more established; things I already had finished artwork for. Of course, though, I absolutely HAD to create the same pixel effect as I did with the last set. c; Just kinda adds to the charm, in a way!

Instead of having about 32 keychains per Pokemon (16 normal, 16 shiny), I decided this time I would only go with 10. Mainly since these are being made for fun...though I'm on Totodile at this point, and I'm thinking about opening an Etsy account to try to get a little extra money off of them. No real reason for me to other than to just feel like I'm doing something relatively productive. I kinda like getting and giving little physical mementos of things from people online, anyway. It just feels really cool (like that one time I got that Christmas card from @Chibi Altaria). There's something about actually, physically getting something from someone that makes the point that "hey, this is a real person here that you're friends with and not just an online persona" like 100 times more concrete.

I decided that, instead of using those awful keyrings I had used before (such a pain to get those things attached to stuff, seriously), I decided this time I'd go with lobster clasp cell phone keychains straps, like this:

Still waiting for them to be mailed to me, but I'm really, really looking forward to getting them. <3

If I were to start selling these they would probably go for like $3 USD per starter set (of 3 Pokemon), not including any shipping charges (which I still need to calculate tbh). It takes me way longer to make a set of these things than it should. I really wouldn't be getting much--at all--from selling these; I'd really only be making a few cents or a buck per hour if I were to sell them. Like I said, though: it would really be more for enjoyment than anything else. I'm kidding myself if I seriously think I can make some kind of profit from these!

These are all laminated and double-sided. :o They aren't double-sided to the same extent as my last ones, which actually had fronts and backs and aaaaaa I loved that idea I just wish I wasn't so lazy to try it again </3

At around Squirtle I managed to buy a heavy-duty, smaller hole puncher. THANK GOD.

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

2. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Hey, these are pretty cool! If you wanted, you could Etsy these but charge a bit more so you're at least getting compensated for making them.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

These are so cute! You should totally make an etsy account! :) They'd make great gifts! I hardly buy stuff online anymore cos shipping to Australia is really expensive these days. :/
    GCEA

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    Aaaaaaaaahhhhh they're so awesome, Sarah! >u< You're so talented. I'd totally buy some from you if the shipping to Australia wasn't so damned expensive. D:

These are super cool and exciting to look at! :D

I can't WAIT to see more pictures of it if you've got them

And also, your art inspires me a LOT...

All my life I've been trying to make something Pokemon related like a comic or anything just to keep to myself but could never come up with anything...

Your idea gives scope to a lot of imagination and I might try something like this some time too!

Thank you for the share Speed-X, I absolutely LOVE them!

It makes me very very happy to see such creativity flowing in the forum

Also, if you like Pokemon art in general, or even, sculpting.

I heard that you can make chocolate clay using chocolate and honey and then, just before this clay hardens, you can make Pokemon with it and eat em up, hahaha...

People do this and sell these chocolate figures for very high prices at my place 5-10$ each...

Haha..

Whether you're planning to make profit or not, I wish you the best with it either way, man. You rock! :D

To soar above the clouds is my dream... And, to reach out to the needy, my scheme.