Thread: Stress

Stress

How well can you handle stress?

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Not very. :c

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Pretty good, but at the worst of times, escapism helps.

Any window of opportunity that I can get, I'll do something that helps me take my mind off of everything else. For that, video games are awesome. If it's just a movie, sure, that might help a little as long as you're paying more attention to the movie than thinking about what's bothering you, but video games are immersive and in order to progress, you need to think and do things. Plus they give you good insight for learning about planning ahead, resource management, morality decisions, and things like that.

Animated movies are really good too. Holy crap, they can be really memorable and downright funny at times. They're a good reminder that hey, things will be okay and this is all only temporary.

I think for me it all depends on what the situation is. Most of the time I can deal with it if I throw some humor into the mix and try and crack a few jokes.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I'm pretty good at dealing with regular amounts of stress, I guess. I don't get down very often. But when I'm really really worried about something I'm not very good at handling it. I feel kinda sick for days beforehand and really panicky and struggle to relax or concentrate on anything. x_x This really only happens before I have to do something I'm really dreading like public speaking or a job interview. Luckily they don't happen too often. xD
    GCEA

I really, really suck at dealing with stress. Distracting myself with music or going for a walk usually helps me a lot... But the situations I find most stressful are usually ones where those aren't available options to me.
    Thank god those particular situations are no longer going to be a problem... Or I really hope they're no longer going to be a problem.

I've got a few ways. I listen to music, watch anime, take a nap (it helps), catch-up with longtime friends, and play video games.
    τι ζωή

garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I'm alright at it. Depends on what I'm stressed about, honestly.

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links