Thread: Photobucket

Photobucket

Well I think we all know what Photobucket has done with screwing with most people and their photos. We've had issues here. I myself haven't had any.............yet. I know my sprites in the Art section here still work for now.

Has anyone had any issues with trying to download their albums or even get anything they have off of their Photobucket? It seems as if I'm having issues trying to download my albums as if they don't want me to have my stuff....you know stuff I've had on their since 2003. It's taking forever in the first place with all the ads they've aded.
    VPP: Arcanine @ 6,700

Pre'paired' for trouble with Neo Emolga!
    [ URPG Stats | VPP Stats | Living Shiny Dex (548) ]

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

My Photobucket is completely trashed. It sucks because I had a LOT of stuff on there and now I have to find other places to upload it.

If anyone's in the same boat and needs another place to host their old stuff, I recommend either Imgur or postimg.org. Imgur is great because if you're bored or have a few minutes to burn, check out the front pages for all sorts of funny, silly, interesting, or thoughtful uploads from other Imgurians. And postimg.org is a nice, simple, easily-laid out site where you can create galleries and sub galleries quickly and easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    My Photobucket is completely trashed. It sucks because I had a LOT of stuff on there and now I have to find other places to upload it.

If anyone's in the same boat and needs another place to host their old stuff, I recommend either Imgur or postimg.org. Imgur is great because if you're bored or have a few minutes to burn, check out the front pages for all sorts of funny, silly, interesting, or thoughtful uploads from other Imgurians. And postimg.org is a nice, simple, easily-laid out site where you can create galleries and sub galleries quickly and easily.
    Can you even get into yours to get your stuff or are you getting denied? I know I have a crap ton of stuff (Wrestling) from when I had my Petey site and stuff I pulled from the old TNA site of all the Team Canada photos that I doubt can be found elsewhere.

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    Can you even get into yours to get your stuff or are you getting denied? I know I have a crap ton of stuff (Wrestling) from when I had my Petey site and stuff I pulled from the old TNA site of all the Team Canada photos that I doubt can be found elsewhere.
    Denied. It appears in the thumbnail gallery as if there's nothing wrong with it, but then looking at the picture alone just gets me that same notice image that's been splattered everywhere.

Thankfully, I have copies of everything on my hard drive, but still, it's a pain in the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Denied. It appears in the thumbnail gallery as if there's nothing wrong with it, but then looking at the picture alone just gets me that same notice image that's been splattered everywhere.

Thankfully, I have copies of everything on my hard drive, but still, it's a pain in the butt.
    That's really weird because I'm still able to get my stuff because I've been working on moving them over to Imgur...you know while I still can.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I managed to download my whole album the other day so I have everything on my computer now. Photobucket are the biggest buttheads for this. I've heard people say it's a last cashgrab before they go under for good, and I bet that's true. They could have at least warned people properly!
    GCEA

I still don't understand why some people's stuff doesn't work and others do. I still have links that work and don't get that Update your Account photo.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    I was able to download my album, luckily. I had some stuff on there that wasn't still saved on my computer.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Caite-chan View Post
    I still don't understand why some people's stuff doesn't work and others do. I still have links that work and don't get that Update your Account photo.
    Did you try downloading the whole album rather than trying to open all your images and save them? That's what I did.
    http://support.photobucket.com/hc/en...loading-Albums

It's a bit buggy but it worked eventually.

My images lasted longer than Neo's but then I lost hosting a few days ago. I guess they're doing it in stages.
    GCEA

I've tried several times to download my albums and it didn't want to work. I also have over 2,000 images on mine.