Page 150 of 365 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 3646

Thread: Other Chat DCC

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, winter without snow is kind of meh. Like a car without tires.

In other news, I'm looking forward to my own personal Halloween Vacation. I used vacation days for the 26th through the 30th for absolutely no other reason than to have fun and go wild (plus if I don't use them, I lose them, and I already have stuff booked for Thanksgiving and Christmas). I think I might use one of those days to go to Great Adventure Fright Fest just to see what it's all about. That, and it makes attending multiple Halloween events much easier rather than keeping it restricted to only weekends, which are busy enough as is.

Also, I'm curious, what are you people going as for Halloween, if you've decided yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I have never seen that movie, but it sounds interesting!

Today was 35 degrees. We aren't even half way through spring yet. It must be some kind of record! I hope this summer isn't going to be too hot. I know Europe had an really hot summer this year. How bout you guys in the US?
    We had like no summer here, it was sad because I wanted to go swimming. I bet winter will be record cold again though.

@Ellie But your sig! ;)
    Ah but my signature, it is a line from the Red Dwarf credits theme! :D also winter can be sunny too
    ~Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun~

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

@Hades Aww :( I'm not a huge fan of swimming but that is a shame! We had the coldest winter for years this year also!

Quote Originally Posted by Ellie View Post
    Ah but my signature, it is a line from the Red Dwarf credits theme! :D also winter can be sunny too
    Haha, good point @Ellie! Winter sun is definitely more pleasant than summer sun. :D I usually like spring best because it's not too hot yet.

We don't do Halloween here even though some people keep trying to make it a thing. xD What is Great Adventure Fright Fest? What are you going as @Neo Emolga?
    GCEA

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Yeah, winter without snow is kind of meh. Like a car without tires.
    We poor southerners have no idea what in the world to do with snow. We get an inch of snow and everything shuts down. It's like a tourist with a funny accent -- we don't understand what is so off about it, we just know it's out of place and probably kills people. The kids adore it though. I just like snow days to stay at home from work and do nothing. If I still have power, at least. Losing power could screw everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    In other news, I'm looking forward to my own personal Halloween Vacation. I used vacation days for the 26th through the 30th for absolutely no other reason than to have fun and go wild (plus if I don't use them, I lose them, and I already have stuff booked for Thanksgiving and Christmas). I think I might use one of those days to go to Great Adventure Fright Fest just to see what it's all about. That, and it makes attending multiple Halloween events much easier rather than keeping it restricted to only weekends, which are busy enough as is.

Also, I'm curious, what are you people going as for Halloween, if you've decided yet?
    If I can get off work (doubtful, already taking off this Friday), I'll end up going to a Zombie Paint-Ball gun trail thingy. =D And end up shooting my friends! =D

What is Great Adventure Fright Fest? What are you going as
    I think it's a six flags doohicky?

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctus View Post
    We poor southerners have no idea what in the world to do with snow. We get an inch of snow and everything shuts down. It's like a tourist with a funny accent -- we don't understand what is so off about it, we just know it's out of place and probably kills people. The kids adore it though. I just like snow days to stay at home from work and do nothing. If I still have power, at least. Losing power could screw everything up.

If I can get off work (doubtful, already taking off this Friday), I'll end up going to a Zombie Paint-Ball gun trail thingy. =D And end up shooting my friends! =D

I think it's a six flags doohicky?
    Oh man, that sounds like here but we have the same issues with heavy rain! xD I can't imagine how bad it would be with snow. Although it would be so awesome to have a snow day or something!

Oh that's a theme park or something right? You Americans and your funny holidays!
    GCEA

I have never seen that movie, but it sounds interesting!

Today was 35 degrees. We aren't even half way through spring yet. It must be some kind of record! I hope this summer isn't going to be too hot. I know Europe had an really hot summer this year. How bout you guys in the US?
    Also, remember two days ago when it went from 35 degrees to 20 in THREE MINUTES?!?!??!

Americans, that's 95 degrees F to 68 F.

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

I was at work. I was in the house and it was boiling. My boss told me to get something from the car. I walked outside...
    "Bruce... It's so beautiful..."

9. This post has been liked by:

We don't get that much snow here as much as we get bitter cold, though that closes things down sometimes too because it just gets too cold.

Haha, good point Ellie! Winter sun is definitely more pleasant than summer sun. :D I usually like spring best because it's not too hot yet.
    I dislike spring quite a bit because I have terrible allergies so in the springtime I have pretty much a constant headache. ;-;
    ~Fun, fun, fun, in the sun, sun, sun~