Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    >tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    I HAVE RETURNED FOR MORE SPRITES.

Those big guys are both ELDINPYRE, a Mythical pokémon I made up. The left is his normal palette, and the right is his shiny palette.

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sivelos View Post

Those big guys are both ELDINPYRE, a Mythical pokémon I made up. The left is his normal palette, and the right is his shiny palette.
    That's really cool! I like the colours of the shiny a lot. The eye makes it look pretty scary though. xD Nice idea! What type is it?
    GCEA

>tfw somebody insults your hair Sir Sivelos's Avatar
    Eldinpyre is Electric / Water. He's meant to be like a typhoon, and he brings about horrible storms wherever he goes. His normal ability is Drizzle, and his hidden ability is Electron Coat, which is basically an OP version of Static.

My Tumblr!
    Paired with Icy (Wander)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Sivelos View Post

It's cool, but I have something against using a fused sprite to make a fakemon. I think the second one's colours work a little oddly together, namely that red colour with the...greeny bluey body. The design is cool though. The outlines on the right front paw has outlines that are too light for the shade of grey you have there and it blends in the way you don't want it to. Darken some of those outlines, and also on some other feet. x)

~SF.

I finally am giving myself time to actually post here and critique things. Maybe this will help get my mind off of the myriads of crap occurring that is my life.

Those are interesting concepts, but like with Suicune's Fire / Xanthe, I've never really been a fan of using various pieces of other Pokemon sprites to create an amalgamation, of sorts--a combination of many small and insignificant, already-existing elements to make up one original image. At least, not as a final "draft," per se. I think this is one of those things that you should now try to draw out after having created it and then potentially making a sprite out of it, using nothing but...well, you. It's cool as like a concept art of sorts, but it would be even cooler if made totally custom.

The typing of the Pokemon is a little offsetting. The Electric typing visually makes sense, but there doesn't appear to be a single remnant of it being a Water-type. Dark-type, maybe, but not water. You could fix this possibly by reconcepting this Pokemon slightly to exhibit more features of a Water-type Pokemon. I think that even the slightest notion would do.

You also have two black colors, and a couple of redundant colors here and there. I would stick to one black, but I have a feeling this was caused mostly by splicing. The black on its nose is redundant, also.

You may want to fix the readability if you decide to either edit or entirely remake this sprite. Here and there--mainly on the back legs--it is very difficult to tell what's going on. Are those clumps of fur? Is the thing sticking off out of its back right (our right) foot the heel? Again, it's possible that the splicing is a main factor to this.

I'm not sure if you did, as I can't really tell, but I think you would greatly benefit from adding your own shading next time. Try this: if you still like splicing parts from other Pokemon, just reduce it all to a blank outline and put those together. Add the shading yourself, because doing that overall makes the whole process much easier and less confusing. :>

I like the color scheme, and I think this design is very intriguing. Just maybe if you're wanting to stick to it being a Water-type, try slightly redesigning it. Maybe add some more water-like attributes? I think the main reason as to why it looks more like a secondary-Dark-type than a secondary-Water-type is mainly because of the coloration. I think the colors are cool, though--makes me think of a thunder cloud--so I think the design would benefit the most from adding attributes instead of changing its color scheme.

If you decide to remake or edit it is up to you, these are just pointers and suggestions for if you do decide to. :>

@Sir Sivelos

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

6. This post has been liked by:

person. most of the time. Cheerful Cherubi's Avatar
    So, with my return to the forums, I also took another swing at spriting. Small steps. These first things are just simple palette swaps of the starters. Eh. They're alright.

Also, it's finals week at university, and I decided a good distraction from the stress would be to attempt a pixel over. I've never successfully completed one, and I think that this is a pretty honest attempt at one. The shading is sort of iffy, but at least you can tell what it is. Personally, I like its expression. It's the FRLG Bulbasaur art by Sugimori. I think it turned out okay.

8. This post has been liked by:

Your Bulbasaurs look awesome! It looks like they came strait from Pokemon

A while back I actually did something similar: It's not very good, but it's a start.
    I made this myself!!! Come check out my deviantart page at http://mrcoolbro3.deviantart.com/. And here's my shop! http://www.pokemoncrossroads.com/for...hop-of-Sprites

10. This post has been liked by:

person. most of the time. Cheerful Cherubi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Totodile View Post

A while back I actually did something similar: It's not very good, but it's a start.
    Thanks for the kind words!

I like your Piplup. I think that you should take a second look at the feet and some of the shading on the body, but it's pretty good for a start.

Here are some other things that I made last night.

This is an animated Crystal version revamp of the Helix, praise be unto him.

This is another pixel-over, this time of Sugimori's egg art from GSC.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Cheerful Cherubi View Post
    So, with my return to the forums, I also took another swing at spriting. Small steps. These first things are just simple palette swaps of the starters. Eh. They're alright.

Also, it's finals week at university, and I decided a good distraction from the stress would be to attempt a pixel over. I've never successfully completed one, and I think that this is a pretty honest attempt at one. The shading is sort of iffy, but at least you can tell what it is. Personally, I like its expression. It's the FRLG Bulbasaur art by Sugimori. I think it turned out okay.
    Ahh those Bulbasaur are so cute! You did an awesome job! :D

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Totodile View Post

That's really good for a first try! I think if you coloured the outlines so that they're not just black, it would look a bit more realistic. And maybe add some extra shading. Otherwise the outlining and everything is pretty good!

Thanks for the kind words!

I like your Piplup. I think that you should take a second look at the feet and some of the shading on the body, but it's pretty good for a start.

Here are some other things that I made last night.

This is an animated Crystal version revamp of the Helix, praise be unto him.

This is another pixel-over, this time of Sugimori's egg art from GSC.
    Nice revamps! Animation revamps must be tricky. :O And I really like the eggs too! When I first scrolled past it, I thought it was the Sugimori art that you'd posted. xD
    GCEA

13. This post has been liked by:

Certified Eeveelution Enthusiast Dragon Master Mike's Avatar
    GCEA Staff

OH MY GOD ITS AMAZING

15. This post has been liked by: