Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Replacing tablet pen nibs???

Hey guys, I have an Intuos CTL480. My pen nib is really worn down and scratchy so I need a new one. Just wondering what you guys usually do in this case? I saw that you can buy replacement nibs for the pen. Do you usually buy the more expensive Wacom ones or do cheap ones from ebay/china do alright? My pen didn't seem to last that long (I don't think I've used it that much!) xD

Any help would be awesome! Thank you!!

P.S. I thought there used to be a discussion thread in here to post questions and stuff but I couldn't find it. :x
    GCEA

I think some newer intuos have a slot in the back you can open and there are several spare nibs there. Did you check every nook and cranny of your tablet?

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

3. This post has been liked by:

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Speed-X View Post
    I think some newer intuos have a slot in the back you can open and there are several spare nibs there. Did you check every nook and cranny of your tablet?
    Oh my gosh!!!! XD I took off the back slot but there was nothing in there... but they were actually on the slot itself. I never would have noticed them. Thanks so much Speed! :D
    GCEA

5. This post has been liked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    Oh my gosh!!!! XD I took off the back slot but there was nothing in there... but they were actually on the slot itself. I never would have noticed them. Thanks so much Speed! :D
    Eyy no problem! I discovered this the other day and I was all like, :O HOLY CRAP ARE YOU SRS

Greninja: Axibians | Gengar: Speed's ORAS Emporium! | Malamar: Picarto | Roserade: Speed's Pixel Cluster | Gliscor: ASB Stats | Tentacruel: Pokemon Prism Stats | Drapion: VPP Stats | Mega Sableye: Recolored Shiny XYORAS Icon Sprites | Flygon: URPG Stats | Snivy: Viridian Reference | Treecko: Link Vault | Shiny Whismur: All shiny Pokemon
    Pfp by my friend Muerte Verde
    ------------

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    /late

Yeah the newer ones come with refills. And so did my old, expensive Intuos. xD I've never even tried them all, though.

I have a Bamboo Wacom...pretty sure it didn't come with replacements. Is it bad that mine's been scratchy for years but I've never replaced it? XD

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    I have a Bamboo Wacom...pretty sure it didn't come with replacements. Is it bad that mine's been scratchy for years but I've never replaced it? XD
    Nope, so is mine. XD I use my Bamboo tablet now and even though it scratches I've never been bothered to replace it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post

Nope, so is mine. XD I use my Bamboo tablet now and even though it scratches I've never been bothered to replace it lol.
    lololol well if it's not desperate then I don't think it's in need of replacement, haha. I've contemplated getting a new one, because mine's a small square, but I realised that it works perfectly (near-perfect, since the mini-USB port is a little dodgy), and I don't have anyone to give this one to. xD I wouldn't sell it because it's, like, seven years old now, but yeah. Until it breaks, it's staying put. >:3

Quote Originally Posted by Suicune's Fire View Post
    lololol well if it's not desperate then I don't think it's in need of replacement, haha. I've contemplated getting a new one, because mine's a small square, but I realised that it works perfectly (near-perfect, since the mini-USB port is a little dodgy), and I don't have anyone to give this one to. xD I wouldn't sell it because it's, like, seven years old now, but yeah. Until it breaks, it's staying put. >:3
    It's not that desperate yet. XD And oh my god, a SQUARE? I think maybe...just maybe a little...that it might need replacing soon lol. I mean, I have spares here but that would involve you coming over to my house or something. :p My bamboo runs fine, but the stupid wireless USB thingy is dodgy on mine. >:c Which means half the time I have to use the cable it came with, even though it's supposed to be wireless.

Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Haha oooh. Okay maybe I don't need to worry too much then. xD I was scared of destroying my tablet with my scratchy pen haha.
    GCEA