Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Share Your Old Art

Last night after the posting of the latest PMDXR page there was a nasty comment left regarding the art of one of our less-experienced artists in the PMDXR team. This is not the first time I've seen these kind of stupid comments on PMDXR or in general. They are counterproductive and can lead to people being afraid to share their work- or worse- make them quit altogether.

What many people don't realize is we ALL start somewhere. There are no bad artists on the PMDXR rotation. There are no bad artists here on PXR. We are all good artists. The only difference between our artists here is simple: Experience. When people comment on the changes in art quality I want to smack them in the face for expecting people to be the next Da Vinci overnight. Art skills take years, even decades, to hone and master. The good artists are the ones that never stop striving to improve- the ones who are never satisfied with their current level.

The only true 'bad' artists are the ones who think they're the best and have no reason to improve. That is no one here.

As a show of encouragement to the less experienced artists here, I'd like to dedicate this thread to sharing your oldest art. Go dig through the depths of your sketchbooks and computer files. Bring forth art that you had hoped would never see the light of day. Show the world that piece of art that you made that now makes you cringe. And most importantly: Show everyone how much you've improved. Show them it's possible to improve. Show them what happens when you ignore the naysayers and keep pushing.

We all have the potential to create amazing art. It's a journey and we are all traveling at different paces on infinitely many paths. For some, the road is slow and arduous. For others- the process is second nature. Many of us will never reach a place where we are completely satisfied. And it's better that way because art is a journey that should go on forever. Enjoy the trip. Look back and reflect upon where you've been and where you're going. You'll be surprised at how much you grow.

---

I'm on my tablet right now. I'll definitely get my old stuff up this evening. Please be prepared to bring protective eyewear. XD

2. This post has been liked by: