Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I never read the Rangers series but the other two yes! Have you watched the Deltora Quest anime?

I still read at uni at lunch sometimes xD When I read LOTR for the first time I used to sneak out to read in the middle of the day because it was so engrossing haha.
    I have seen the odd episode when it was on TV, but never tried to get into it haha havent read them in years. I stopped reading and got more into music in secondary haha

We dont really have many breaks at TAFE, and I mostly spend the ones I do have talking crap with the guys haha

I got the complete collection of Sandman comics for my birthday last week and I'm about halfway through it. It's really good so far. I've never read any of Neil Gaiman's prose work before, but I might have to get into it once I finish.

Reach for the Stars ~★ Chibi Altaria's Avatar
    I'm reading Allegiant, by Veronica Roth. :D After reading Insurgent and after watching the film, Divergent. REALLY GOOD BOOKS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.

Also, Inferno by Dan Brown is good. *saw it mentioned*

Quote Originally Posted by Lunar Latias View Post
    I'm reading Allegiant, by Veronica Roth. :D After reading Insurgent and after watching the film, Divergent. REALLY GOOD BOOKS I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE.
    Oh well, I wouldn't. I read Divergent on holiday, then bought Insurgent, though I've never read it and have no plans to. Divergent was good, but I have absolutely no desire to continue on with the series at all. I just don't care enough.

Well, I just finished a fun piece of teen fiction called Drowning Instinct that I only read because I recognised the author's name. Too soppy for me, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagisa View Post
    Oh well, I wouldn't. I read Divergent on holiday, then bought Insurgent, though I've never read it and have no plans to. Divergent was good, but I have absolutely no desire to continue on with the series at all. I just don't care enough.

Well, I just finished a fun piece of teen fiction called Drowning Instinct that I only read because I recognised the author's name. Too soppy for me, thanks.
    You didn't like them? :/ They're really well written as well as being...well, semi-original anyway. But I suppose it depends on what genres a person likes best. This was right up my alley. I never actually read Divergent, since I saw the movie first. But I can vouch for the other two books first-hand.

And I love soppy stories. xD

You didn't like them? :/ They're really well written as well as being...well, semi-original anyway. But I suppose it depends on what genres a person likes best. This was right up my alley. I never actually read Divergent, since I saw the movie first. But I can vouch for the other two books first-hand.

And I love soppy stories. xD
    I wouldn't call them original, but then nothing seems original in the dystopia genre to me anymore.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Also, Inferno by Dan Brown is good. *saw it mentioned*
    I liked Divergent and Insurgent, not really a fan of Allegiant though. *dystopian addict* I'd love to know what you think of Allegiant when you're finished!
    GCEA

I wouldn't call them original, but then nothing seems original in the dystopia genre to me anymore.
    That's why I said SEMI-original. Because, really, nothing is original anymore. Everything comes from some place. I'm surprised with this series, though, with how much I like it. Pretty much cause I don't normally like dystopian stories. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I liked Divergent and Insurgent, not really a fan of Allegiant though. *dystopian addict* I'd love to know what you think of Allegiant when you're finished!
    Not a fan of Allegiant? I'm going to have to keep reading, then! I'll let you know when I'm done. :3

9. This post has been liked by:

I do like my dystopia but after you've read like 5 typical dystopian books you've basically seen it all.

I do like my dystopia but after you've read like 5 typical dystopian books you've basically seen it all.
    I suppose this is true with anything, really. Though I think it's how well a book is written that makes you like it most, not what it happens to be about.

I could read about a pencil if it were written super well. xD /slightexaggeration

12. This post has been liked by: