Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
    Senior Moderator

I so want to see the Distortion World and Mt Coronet in full 3D glory, but like...BOTW graphics, not SWSH.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

SWSH graphics weren't BAD, but they were capable of a lot more. But I still enjoyed that game.

I like the fact Spikemuth was a subtle Streets of Rage reference. But it was over too quickly and I wanted much, much more.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I definitely think Mt. Coronet and Sinnoh as a whole would look great in SwSh style graphics too. Just the idea of being able to see this giant looming mountain in the distance wherever you go makes me so excited.

Though admittedly the DLCs really make me want more routes and games in that kind of style than the rinky dink wild area we got in the main area.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Yeah, the DLC was nice, but I would have preferred much more actual stuff than just an extra big Wild Area #2. DLCs should feel like you get at least 50% more of what you got from the base game while this was kind of like 10% more.

Senior Moderator

The Wild Area pissed me off after a while, because the Switch is capable of a lot. If they took their time, they couldve made SWSH a lot like BOTW in the free-roam aspect. Maybe a little more linear but still free roam. Wild Area showed they had the brain cells to do it, but lacked enough brain cells to flesh it out.

edit: Even though i rage on that. I still love the games.

·»Your focus determines your reality«·

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by AD View Post
    The Wild Area pissed me off after a while, because the Switch is capable of a lot. If they took their time, they couldve made SWSH a lot like BOTW in the free-roam aspect. Maybe a little more linear but still free roam. Wild Area showed they had the brain cells to do it, but lacked enough brain cells to flesh it out.

edit: Even though i rage on that. I still love the games.
    Same, I had a similar feeling about it, too. And SWSH's Wild Area really isn't all that big. It might feel big for like the first ten minutes, but then you realize where it starts and where it ends and it's a bit underwhelming compared to what some other games have going on in terms of huge areas to roam.

It seems like a good idea, but I think they can build more on it. Still, SWSH are great games anyway and I enjoyed them. Dynamaxing my top three Pokemon was good fun and I got some good times out of that. That gimmick probably won't last into the next games but it was a bit fun to try and mess around with it for the time being.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I do think part of the problem is the crunch with yearly releases and all. But that's also something that probably won't be going away anytime soon unfortunately.
    / / / / / / / /

Senior Administrator

Yeah, yearly releases is what made Call of Duty really stale for me.

I'd rather have them take their time (three years or so) and make a really epic game with tons of content as opposed to cranking out heaps of releases that just don't have that fully complete feeling.

Also, I need to finish Breath of the Wild. I got pretty far but I got stuck on trying to figure out what to do for the whole "Link needs to cross-dress" part, though a chat with my brother clued me in on what I need to do, but I just never got around to doing it. Though I've heard Calamity Ganon is pretty easy, so eh.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I want to get back to playing Fire Emblem Three Houses. I'm so close to finishing the Golden Deer Route but just haven't had the time to sit down and finish it.

Also need to update some of the pages for my ask blogs and the like. Gotta lot of stuff to do. ^^;
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

I still need to even play Three Houses. Maybe it'll be what gets me back into it. Cause Fates ruined it for me personally. The mechanics were ruined and dlc was pointless.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..