Page 25 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Yeah, for me, trying to get back into certain MMOs is generally quite hard if I haven't played them in over a year. Also, there's a bunch of RPGs where I'd probably be wandering around for hours talking to every NPC trying to figure out where I left off and what I need to do to advance.

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Yep that makes total sense to wait until all the parts are out, Neo. That's why I didn't play chapter one until now. But I was looking on the switch eshop and noticed part two was out so I thought I'd give it a go while waiting for the diamond and pearl remakes since I could download it for free.

I feel like I will definitely need to replay it when the next parts come out. I read some stuff about it when I had finished and realised I had missed a bunch of stuff as well haha, oops! I've also forgotten most of Undertale so I might replay that next. xD I do remember how annoying the Dummy fight was though so I'm not looking forward to that (but I do love the music, it's been my phone ringtone since then xD)

It's great to see you all though! :D I've been doing fine. Been in lockdown the last few months... Australia was so slow to order vaccines so it feels like 2020 all over again. But I'm getting my second dose on Friday finally, hooray!! And aside from that I had lots of fun playing new Pokemon Snap which is pretty much my dream game.
    GCEA

Administrator

Yeah the fact you transfer data over between each chapter and your past actions matter in those. It's incredible that it's gonna have so many parts you can transfer. From what I've heard though this is going to be the last free to download part. Parts 3 and onward we will have to pay for.

Quite honestly I haven't played Undertale in years either xD. I still remember it quite well, but probably not well enough.

Yeah I've been hearing the pain Australia ha been going though with so many lockdowns. Hopefully things start to clear up soon and get better. Congrats on getting your second dose soon! I know a lot there are still struggling to even get scheduled.

New Pokémon Snap was so much fun! Would be nice to see more from it, but I think they're moving away from it sadly. At least some of my favorites are in it!

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

I don't know if I'd give up hope on more content for New Pokémon Snap just yet. The DLC was only just released in August, which was like three months after the game came out, so it's possible we might get another DLC drop around Christmas they just haven't advertised yet. The latest Animal Crossing game is still getting new content over a year and a half after its release so it's entirely possible we'll see new stuff for NPS in the future.

That said, I do need to finish playing it. I love the game a lot but I can only play it in small doses because it makes me motion sick, haha.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I don't know if I'd give up hope on more content for New Pokémon Snap just yet. The DLC was only just released in August, which was like three months after the game came out, so it's possible we might get another DLC drop around Christmas they just haven't advertised yet. The latest Animal Crossing game is still getting new content over a year and a half after its release so it's entirely possible we'll see new stuff for NPS in the future.

That said, I do need to finish playing it. I love the game a lot but I can only play it in small doses because it makes me motion sick, haha.
    Do you use the motion controls or do you have that turned off? I couldn't deal with that either. I had to use analog sticks to play. Sorry to hear that either way.

Yeah I'm not giving up on it for sure. There's always a chance. Just never know what to expect either.

The time is upon us...

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Snap is fun when you unlock a new area, but there's been times I've done the same course five times over and had to look up how to unlock the next one. Part of the fun is trying to get those decent shots on the first run through when you don't know what to expect, but if you do it again and again, you know exactly where each Pokémon are going to be and how they will behave. It's not quite the same when those fun surprises are now things you know to expect, though it is good when you're going for those gold and platinum ratings, I guess.

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Do you use the motion controls or do you have that turned off? I couldn't deal with that either. I had to use analog sticks to play. Sorry to hear that either way.

Yeah I'm not giving up on it for sure. There's always a chance. Just never know what to expect either.
    I use the analog sticks not motion controls. My motion sickness just gets triggered that easily. Usually I can last longer if I don't have to spin around much but like the water based courses have been especially hard for me to get through because you're pretty much constantly turning on those to get decent shots.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    Snap is fun when you unlock a new area, but there's been times I've done the same course five times over and had to look up how to unlock the next one. Part of the fun is trying to get those decent shots on the first run through when you don't know what to expect, but if you do it again and again, you know exactly where each Pokémon are going to be and how they will behave. It's not quite the same when those fun surprises are now things you know to expect, though it is good when you're going for those gold and platinum ratings, I guess.
    Kinda like what I did when trying to get the best picture of
    Spoiler:
    Jirachi
    . Got an amazing shot the first time I went for it. Then I proceeded to play over an hour trying to get the extra special shots. Getting those perfect shots are not easy that's for sure. It feels so good when you finally get that perfect shot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    I use the analog sticks not motion controls. My motion sickness just gets triggered that easily. Usually I can last longer if I don't have to spin around much but like the water based courses have been especially hard for me to get through because you're pretty much constantly turning on those to get decent shots.
    Ah gotcha. Yeah it can be a pain. I get motion sickness in a car sometimes, but not often. So I can understand the motion sickness to a point. Some of those levels can just be tricky with all those turns.

The time is upon us...

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Yeah I’m going to try and beat it though! Gotta get some pictures of you know who and I can only do that once I beat the game.
    / / / / / / / /

Administrator

Oh I know who you're talking about haha. I tried, but it was actually super tough. Much like the one I aimed for. You really gott run it a few times to find the best way to get the best pictures.

The time is upon us...