Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    That does help, yeah, but I feel like a specific ending time should be posted anyways. @_@ I'm posting this approximately 15 minutes, give or take, past that 11:59pm EST deadline, and I'm not really sure if Xaiaku intended for it to be over at 11:59pm EST but he forgot to post it or if he's just going to post when entries are closed today/on Saturday. I don't really want to have to assume an event ends at the blanket time of 11:59pm EST, I'd rather it just be posted up front, but that's just me. He might've just forgot though, and that's fine; hopefully it can be resolved for next week so I don't have to worry about when the actual deadline is/whether or not my entry may be accepted! :3

All of that said, I did finish my submission, so here goes~ Probably don't stand a chance against all of these other wonderful entries, but I'mma give it a shot anyways!

Team: Yoga Bears
    Colors: Mainly green and brown, but there's some blues and honey yellow in there too.
    Slogan: "Gettin' All the Honeys"
    Notes: Tried something sliiiiiiiightly different, I suppose. I also used the following images in the piece as well: x x x
    Submission:

2. This post has been liked by:

Forgot I don't live in EST anymore o.o Eh, if it's late it's late.
    I had no intention of doing graphic art, but then this happened. I wasn't sure I was even gonna post it, but I figured wth.

Keeping it simple, cuz I like simple. Still not sure I like the colors.
    Team: Team Trainer
    Colors: None, officially, but red, blue, and green seem to feature in a lot of our stuff, so I used that.
    Slogan: Honor, Courage, Glory
    The image is from the Adventures Manga.

4. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to override XaiakuX as judge, as we're almost into Tuesday and the next theme badly needs to go up (not to mention this is holding up the Week #1 overall scorekeeping).

GRAPHIC ART WEEK #1 RESULTS!

I don't really have the time to grade art entries based on XaiakuX's rubric, so I'll try to leave a short but sweet review for each piece. I know you guys worked hard on your stuff and I wish I could go into more detail like I did with Creative Writing (and this is why I do my judging on a weekend!), but I'll do my best just keeping it simple with a rating of 1-100.

Hope you guys understand. :)

lorri - The Prism League, Restorers of Light

This is definitely a neat, very eye-catching banner and the animation is simple, but neat, smooth, and fits the banner just right. I also like the cityscape-like background and the white, neon-like text is a great fit as well. It's simple and to the point, but in a great way and doesn't go too over-the-top with unnecessary flair or gimmicks. The text and title stand out and it definitely does a great job. I think one extra layer of effects, such as maybe a sun behind the central pyramid, clouds in the background, or stars (something along those lines) would have really given it an extra bit of spark, but it's great on its own.

92/100

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sou Cleife - Team Trainer - For courage, honor, and Glory!

Definitely a neat, animated banner by a true Pokémon fan. :D

I like the unique shape of the banner, and the way you incorporated the GIF animation into the Poké Ball off to the side. I think it bit more variance in the color would have been need to see (maybe more of a transition from pink to purple would help it stand out some more, but overall, it's definitely neat and well-designed. I also think the animation would have been better off in the center, since it's definitely the most eye-catching feature on the banner itself. But overall, it's a nice piece of art!

85/100

Pokémon Trainer Sarah - Team Trainer - Honour, courage, glory

You bring out the best in Mega Charizard X. And I'm sure it takes a REALLY good trainer to handle a beasty like him, so you picked a good one! XD

I like this banner for the fact that it takes a big step away from the rectangular shape and instead, the Mega Charizard really stands out, but the background effects like the arrows, spikes, and the squares in their varying shades of red, black, and blue actually bring out the Mega Charizard X even more. Plus, I really like the way you incorporated the background Poké Ball and the way you used the text.

The only teeny change I'd suggest is maybe doing something a bit more with the "Team Trainer" text to make it stand out. I think just a little more bang and sparkle with it would have really made it even more epic, but overall, you did a great job with that banner. :D

95/100

Felly - Team Yoga Bears - Gettin' All the Honeys

You sure love your bears. XD

The claw print is a cool idea and I like the slogan, but I think a little bit more could have been done with the images and the text to make them stand out. I'd even suggest maybe going with a nice white font that stands out a bit more (like on your current signature) as opposed to a dark yellow on a green background, which doesn't make it as easy to read.

To make the banner even better, I'd suggest going beyond the diagonal black line overlay and incorporate more effects and dynamics to make the banner more of your own creation rather than relying too much on the images. Try some experimentation and don't be afraid to try new things to see what works and helps it stand out more. :)

72/100

sammy0295 - Team Trainer - Honor, Courage, Glory

I love how Team Trainer likes to go old school when it comes to Pokémon artwork. XD

I like how you made the banner take on a unique shape and how you linked the manga artwork with the colored rod-like shapes. It keeps it simple and to the point. I think maybe a little adjustment could have been done to make it brighter and stand out a bit more.

Also, some of the text is a bit hard to read, especially the word "Glory." The name "Team Trainer" is also not too easy to read either. Maybe going with white for "Honor," "Courage," and "Glory" would help those words stand out a bit more, and some kind of gradient or patterned effect for "Team Trainer" would have helped it stand out a bit more and be more eye-catching.

76/100

WINNERS:

3 Points - Pokémon Trainer Sarah (Team Trainer)
    2 Points - lorii (The Prism League)
    1 Point - Sou Cleife (Team Trainer)

GRAPHIC ART WEEK #2

For this week, we're going with... Legendary Pokémon!

Pick a legendary (just one) and make the best banner you can for them that really captures their essence and character. On the banner itself, it should have:

1. An image of the Legendary Pokémon.
    2. The Legendary's name, in text.
    3. And some kind of phrase, statement, or slogan that you feel best captures them.

Other than that, go all out and good luck!

6. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Thanks Neo! It's a shame your entry wasn't counted, it was really good!

Well done everyone! It's great to see interest in this event :D
    GCEA

Gah! Sorry, everyone. I got super caught up in life. Work has been throwing me around like a rag doll. I'm good on the theme. And if I don't manage to judge the entries by Sunday, then you're welcome to boot me from judging.

In the cardboard box in front of your house.
    Name: Felly
    Team: Yoga Bears
    Entry:

I realized after the fact that I should have some sort of phrase/slogan/whatever on it as well, but there's not really space for one, and I really like how this one turned out. Hopefully that won't knock off too many points, but I guess we'll see what happens.

10. This post has been liked by:

Name: Lorii
    Team: The Prism League
    Entry:

12. This post has been liked by:

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

My entry this week is inspired by the song "Wrapped Up in Light" from Pokemon 4 Ever. You can listen to it here if interested. :) It plays in the movie after Celebi dies and all of the Celebi come from different times to save it. ;_; It's also the moment shown in the gif used, which is here: http://giphy.com/gifs/pokemon-pkmn-dtcfmpLFssvew Also vertical banner because I've never done one before and WAR is the time to try new things! :D I apologise that I couldn't save it as transparent - Photoshop can't save transparent gifs without making a huge mess of everything for some reason. :(

Name: Sarah
    Entry:
    GCEA

14. This post has been liked by:

Name: Sou Cleife
    Entry:
    Last edited by Sou; 06-19-2015 at 08:05 PM.

"I vow to make them proud...no matter the cost"
    -GCEA Stats- | -Art Gallery- | -URPG Stats-

16. This post has been liked by:

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

Name: Neo Emolga
    Team: The Phoenix Battalion
    Entry:

Gotta love Latias. I made her one of the starring main characters in Trial of Juno for a reason. :P

18. This post has been liked by: