Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

What are your goals for tomorrow?

Sometimes, tomorrow seems to be that magical land where we think 90% of all our work will get done. What are you hoping to have tackled and done in the next 24 hours?

For me, having just lost my job a week ago, I'm hoping to get some resumes and job applications out there and on their way. That and Monday is my workout day, so I would like to do that also and not be a lazy sap about it like I sometimes am. :P

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

I hope you manage to find an awesome new job soon, Neo! :)

Tomorrow my to do list looks like this:
    -PCR extracted genomic DNA
    -Run gel
    -Extract bands + purify
    -T7 assay
    -Set up DNA prep overnight
    -Ordering
    -Write

Basically I will be spending the morning in the lab and then I will try to get some work done on my thesis in the afternoon. Like I'm supposed to be doing right now.

I really want it to just be DONE so I can get a job and have some REAL MONEY :O But it's really hard to stay motivated, blah.
    GCEA

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer Sarah View Post
    I hope you manage to find an awesome new job soon, Neo! :)
    Thanks! I managed to get a few job aps out there this morning. It's a blah, tedious process and some sites are a laughable train-wreck when it comes to how they use an online resume submission application. The WORST is the fact you can upload your resume, but then they still expect you to fill in each degree you got and your entire work history, which is what takes an enormous amount of time (and it's stupid because that's what the resume is for). That, and cover letters. What a pain...

Well, hope you make a nice dent in that thesis. I never had to do one for my MBA (which was a big selling point on why I went to that school!), but I sympathize with anyone that has to do one or defend some kind of dissertation. That stuff always sounds like a brain deep-fry.

my goal for today was to get out of bed, go to work and well just that really. i did iiiit, i was also supposed to see about getting my car back up to speed as it's currently misfiring but .. effort. blegh.
    Join Date 2013-07-23
    Posts Per Day 0.13
    Well I'm probably the lowest posting active member. All a part of my brilliant strategy to make the few things i post seem good!

Tomorrow's goal: SLEEP AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE (but make sure I'm ready by 3:45 because I have class at 4:00). Also do homework for Psych.

EDIT: I [i]might walk ~30 minutes to and from GameStop (I'd rather not take the bus to the other one) and buy Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth. Depends on how much time I have and reviews (if any) say positive things about it.
    Last edited by Vishnal; 02-02-2016 at 04:24 AM.

dreamwidth // plurk // tumblr // gallery
    gfx by lucia @ pxr // feat. lily white

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

Tomorrow's goal: Get through the day without ticking off my mom, remember to take my medicine, make some progress in a story I'm working on.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

I came in like a wrecking ball... [Desolate Divine]'s Avatar
    Senior Moderator

Tomorrow's goals?
    Tidy my room
    Come up with lesson plan for that night
    Apply for jobs. Is getting hard because the only places I can think to apply with uni and all that are shops and I have applied just about everywhere.
    Don't set off the time bomb (mother)
    Video editing

Senior Administrator

For Tuesday

- Apply to a few more jobs.
    - Keep working on Wildcaster - The Dark Season (sequel to a novel of mine that is currently being reviewed by a professional editor before I start sending it off to agents and publishers). The first draft is about halfway done at 51k words and I am just adoring how this series is coming along.
    - Clean the living room, kitchen, and sun room (because there's a pile of pine needles from hauling out the Christmas decorations and it's been a while since that floor's been vacuumed).

Last edited by Neo Emolga; 05-01-2016 at 09:19 PM.

Pokemon Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    For Tuesday

- Keep working on Wildcaster - The Dark Season (sequel to a novel of mine that is currently being reviewed by a professional editor before I start sending it off to agents and publishers). The first draft is about halfway done at 51k words and I am just adoring how this series is coming along.
    - Clean the living room, kitchen, and sun room (because there's a pile of pine needles from hauling out the Christmas decorations and it's been a while since that floor's been vacuumed).
    Those are basically my goals too. Unemployment life: applying for jobs, catching up on hobbies, and cleaning. Although, I got my place super clean by about one month post-termination, and at some point a few months later it became hopelessly messy again. Tomorrow's goal is always that I will finally clean the place back up. Ah, also, I'm preparing for some job interviews later this week/next week.

On another note, I won't mention how much time I have to date various people... and keep everyone happy with the frequency of meetings because they're all way busier than me (i.e. not unemployed. While I'm in parentheses, also notice how I very much did mention this). It's like a reverse harem. Of course, this set-up will crash and burn once I get a job. Having nothing to do at age 25 though -- it's a great thing, in this way. So, maybe I'll go on a date tomorrow. Why not?

growing strong Pokemon Trainer Sarah's Avatar
    Site Editor

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    For Tuesday

Wow, Neo! I didn't know you were writing a book! That's so cool!!!

My goals for tomorrow

-Ace my job interview at the university library [mostly a formality, I think. Helping kids with assignments for a few hours a week to earn enough for petrol while I finish my thesis xD]
    -Stay off PXR long enough to get some work done on my thesis :(
    GCEA