Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Shawn Michillis
    Vivita general store -> training grounds

Shawn perused through the shelves, picking out supplies he thought were useful. He already had a little food in his pack, so he didn't think he'd need a packed lunch. The rest of the supplies looked rather important, some of it extremely so.

Joshua Bought:
    1 Camp Gear: 60 G
    1 First aid kit: 50 G
    2 bundles of Torchsticks: 50 G for a bundle of 5 (Total of 10)
    Total spent: 210 G

Once Shawn packed these into his bag, he headed back out into the street, He wanted to hit the training arena before going to meet Sage Oak or Brock again, so he headed over there at a quick pace.
    Last edited by Morzone; 02-22-2016 at 09:08 PM.

VPP

Senior Moderator

@Morzone: (You have 790 G left--is this a different character, or the one you've been using?)

After accepting your purchases you make good time towards the training grounds. Brock is already present in a nearby forested nook, weaving a tale for Ash, Serena, their Pokemon, and two of your fellow adventurers.
    Last edited by EmeraldSky; 02-22-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

(Woops sorry, wrote the wring name. I have 790 left by the way, not 710. I only spent 210)

Shawn Michillis
    Vivita training grounds

Shawn entered the training grounds and weaved his way between other fighters, some looking worn out from a hard time training, others looked fresh, most likely about to start like he was. After some searching, he eventually found a vacant dummy. Shawn set down his bag and pulled out a small book and quill where he kept his spells written. Gabbing his harp, he flipped through the book, choosing a spell song to play.

VPP

Administrator

Isaac Nash
    Gold: 435 G
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    items:3x Ruby Potion of Life
    2x Sapphire Potion of Magic
    1x Emerald Potion of Cure Poison

Food:-berry bunch x3
    -fresh cheese x1
    -fresh water x2
    -mixed vegetables x1

After packing away all my purchases I leave the store. Looking around I try to decide where to go.

"Maybe it's time I go to the training grounds. Some extra practice before I meet up with the others wouldn't hurt."

I make my way to the Training Grounds

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

@Morzone: (Fixed! Did the math wrong.)

You can hear Brock weaving a tale as you search for a spellsong to practice. It gives you the motivation to practice as hard as you can for the journey ahead.

@Chakramaster: As you make your way inside, you can hear Brock speaking--apparently charge spells are involved in the story, as you can hear him say the incantation for a charge spell: "Obey the ancient pact of the ages and fulfill your duty..."

Of course he is not actually charging anyone--it is only for show.

(If he does charge anyone, Brock's charge marking is an elegant eight point star)
    Everyone has a dream that fills their heart. A journey they must take. A destiny to fulfill. As close as your imagination exists a magical place, where wondrous creatures with incredible powers help make dreams come true. It's the world of Pokemon!!"

Vaugn D. Saul
    Market Square
    Vivita
    Money: 425 Gold
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    - 1 x Broken Sword nicknamed Dragon Handle
    - 1 x Wine Gourd (empty)
    - 1 x Berry Basket
    - 4 x Dried Meat
    - 10 x Torchstick
    - 1 x Regional Map
    - 2 x Healing Herb Basket
    - 1 x Camp Gear
    - 1 x Braviary Charm
    - 3 x Life Potions
    - 2 x Paralysis Potions
    - 1 x Poison Potion

Equipment:
    Spoiler:
    - Armor; Adventurer's Garb
    - Weapon; Training Gloves

Time was passing slow as Brock weaved his tale. Vaugn didn't complain , the others were mesmerised completely. It will be a long journey ahead, so times like this would be very much needed and it wouldn't hurt, really...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Administrator

Isaac Nash
    Gold: 435 G
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    items:3x Ruby Potion of Life
    2x Sapphire Potion of Magic
    1x Emerald Potion of Cure Poison

Food:-berry bunch x3
    -fresh cheese x1
    -fresh water x2
    -mixed vegetables x1

I find Brock and the other's already inside as I enter.

"Hey everyone! I miss anything important? I just heard Brock here chanting a 'charge spell.' That part of one of your infinite stories Brock?" I say as I find a place to relax.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Senior Moderator

@AWA1997; @Trainer17;

"Owen agreed. When they played, he won the game." Brock continued. "His stepmother was very much vexed at this, and demanded to play another game. Owen agreed, but this time his stepmother won.

"Well," he asks in character as Owen, "what is your charge?"

"Obey the ancient pact of the ages and fulfill your duty…the feather you brought home today was from the wing of the Golden Pidgeot of Sinoch, which is owned by a great giant." he explains in character as the stepmother. "All the world covets that Pokemon, but though hundreds of heroes have searched for it, not one has ever returned. I therefore charge you to set out on your travels and never return until you bring me the Golden Pidgeot of Sinoch."

"Wait, I thought Pidgeots don't go that far..." Serena mused.

"They can and they do--they cooperate with the native Starlies." Ash replied.

"Poor Owen was troubled by this charge as his stepmother's marking--a teardrop symbol that resembled a hanging Zubat--appeared on his hand." Brock continued over an ominous melody. "After composing himself, he said..."

As Owen, he commands "Obey the ancient pact of the ages and fulfill your duty...for the game I won, I charge you to stand on the top of the tallest tower on my father's castle from the moment of my departure until the hour of my return with the Golden Pidgeot of Sinoch. You are to face the wind, and your food will be what seeds the wind blows you, and your drink the rain that falls on you."

He continues as himself "His stepmother was enraged as Owen's marking, which resembled a reversed musical clef, appeared on her hand. But she had to honor her own bargain."

"This sounds like 'Moltres' Song'... Serena mused.

"It is--only this version comes from Sondo--that explains the Sinoch references." Ash grins

Vaugn D. Saul
    Market Square
    Vivita
    Money: 425 Gold
    Inventory:
    Spoiler:
    - 1 x Broken Sword nicknamed Dragon Handle
    - 1 x Wine Gourd (empty)
    - 1 x Berry Basket
    - 4 x Dried Meat
    - 10 x Torchstick
    - 1 x Regional Map
    - 2 x Healing Herb Basket
    - 1 x Camp Gear
    - 1 x Braviary Charm
    - 3 x Life Potions
    - 2 x Paralysis Potions
    - 1 x Poison Potion

Equipment:
    Spoiler:
    - Armor; Adventurer's Garb
    - Weapon; Training Gloves

"Hey everyone! I miss anything important? I just heard Brock here chanting a 'charge spell.' That part of one of your infinite stories Brock?"

Vaugn looked around and found Isaac joining in the parade.

"Well, good timing Isaac. Brock here was just getting started on the Prequel. The main story and ending will follow eons after. Looks like you're stuck with us until then!" Vaugn laughed as he slightly tapped over Isaac's shoulder.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk
    Paired with the lovable 💕 Kaoru 💕

- I has risen from the ashes of the flames -

Senior Moderator

@Chakramaster; @Trainer17; @AWA1997;

Brock stifled a chuckle at Vaugn's answer. "Oh, it's not gonna take THAT long." he assures him.

After playing a few chords to remember where he is in the long story, he continues. "The next morning Owen, after bidding farewell to his father, his friends, and everyone in the castle, set out on his travels. He saw his stepmother on the tallest tower facing the wind--there to remain, feeding on the seeds that were blown to her and drinking the rain, until he would return-if he did return-with the Golden Pidgeot of Sinoch."

Ash shuddered in anticipation over Brock's "Traveling" song. "Far and very far Owen traveled; until, late that evening, as he sat down by the side of a stream, weary and hungry, a beautiful Arcanine came bounding from the hills. He looked with hungry eyes at him eating his dinner.

"I'm very, very hungry," he pleads as the Arcanine. "Will you share with me?"

As himself, he continues "Owen felt sorry for the majestic dog Pokemon, so he divided his dinner, and gave half of it to the Arcanine, who ate it happily. Then it asked Owen where he traveled. Owen told the Arcanine his sad story, and showed him the charge mark on his hand."

"Sir Owen, you are going on one of the most adventurous, and at the same time most terrible tasks in the world; but, if I, Hunter of the Hills, can do anything to help you, I will. Come with me tonight anyway, and rest." he offers as the Arcanine.

"Of course, Owen thanked Hunter, and went with him." he continues as himself. "Hunter brought him to a fine house on a hill, where Owen got a soft bed for the night."

"Hunter of the Hills is a powerful Arcanine with magical power said to watch over the borderlands between Kanduin and Sondo." Ash explains over the harp's interlude. "As well as innate fire power, his other powers include transforming into things, as you will see shortly."

"He's heard this one a million times." Serena whispers.