Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Comic Tips, Tricks, and Guidelines

Comic Tips, Tricks, Guides, and Resources

Hey, everyone! Since we're going to be starting our community comic in the foreseeable future, I decided it's time to create a thread containing useful tips and tricks for making comics! I'll be updating this guide with new content whenever I have the chance. If there's any tips/advice you want to see, feel free to request!

Do note that a lot of my guides will be from actual comic rules and trends. While I'll be going based on what is considered to be 'rule' for some, remember that like all types of art, there are situations where rules can and should be broken!

While I'm at it, I'll include some useful photoshop tips if I see good times to drop them in.

Warning: I'm going to use a lot of examples of what to do from MTMTE and lots of examples of what NOT to do from PRS. You have been warned.

Table of Contents
    Crossed out items are guides that are not up but are in the works.

• Helpful Resources
    • Outlining, Scripting, and Writing
    • Paneling and Layout
    • Types of Shots
    • Lettering

Q&A and Help Requests

Feel free to post in this thread for help or advice on anything comic-related. I am more than happy to answer questions or make guides on more specific aspects of the comic pipeline! Just be sure to check through existing guides and Q&A posts to ensure your question has not already been answered.
    Last edited by Nekomata; 02-10-2017 at 02:46 AM.

2. This post has been liked by: