Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    garlic bread champion Bulbasaur's Avatar
    I just wrote a story for this. I made it kind of quickly, but I hope you like it.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    HOW I GOT MY BULB
    By Bulbasaur

It was a very long time ago in the beautiful region of Kanto when my oldest ancestor lived. He was a Bulbasaur, the only one around. His body was a shade of emerald green, with many darker patches, and his eyes were dark red. He had four short and stout legs, with three sharp claws on the end of each. He had all the features of a modern day Bulbasaur, except for one major thing; he had no bulb on his back.

This Bulbasaur, who we now refer to as Green, lived a peaceful life in the Viridian Forest. The Viridian Forest was very beautiful and full of life. The forest was covered with healthy green trees and small bushes, which gave shelter to the Pokemon that made the forest their home.

Many of these Pokemon that lived in the Viridian Forest were bug Pokemon. Because the majority of these bug Pokemon were weak, Green would help them out with their tasks, such as gathering food. Green was very well known in the forest as a leader.

This tale started one day, when Green was helping a Weedle move a log that was blocking a bush with many berries. No matter how hard the poisonous caterpie Pokemon pushed on the log, it did not budge. Green saw the Weedle struggling, and came to help out. He walked up to the log and started pushing. No luck. So he backed up a bit, and ran full speed into the log. BAM! The impact was enough to push the log aside. The Weedle looked up at Green as if to say thank you, and crawled into the bush.

Green smiled, pleased with his work. He watched as the Weedle munched on the berries in the bush. Helping out other Pokemon in need always made Green happy.

Suddenly, Green heard a cry that he recognized as a Butterfree’s. His head turned rapidly towards the noise. Another cry. Green started running towards it, by instinct. Then, he heard a crash. It sounded like a tree falling. Now, Green could see a butterfly shape in the distance, being chased by a big flying Pokemon. The Butterfree appeared to have a burn on its wing. It was flying as fast as it could, but no matter how fast it flew, the other Pokemon was getting closer. Suddenly, Green realized what that big Pokemon was. He stopped quickly. It was a Charizard.

The Charizard was a massive beast, compared to all the bug Pokemon, at least. His body was fire red, with midnight blue wings and a cream colored belly. He had two skinny horns on his long head. His neck was long and skinny, and he had two short arms with a three-clawed hand on each. His wings were dragon-like and big. And he had a long tail, with a hot fire burning on the end.

What could he do? None of the Pokemon in the forest, not even him, could face the Charizard. Panicking, he dove into a bush and watched. The Butterfree was getting weaker and weaker from the burn, and eventually, it could fly no longer. It fell to the ground, and laid there. The Charizard had got the best of it.

The Charizard landed right next to it. It bent over and sniffed the Butterfree. It was definitely not alive; the burn had done enough damage. The Charizard stood up, satisfied. From the way the Charizard acted, the Butterfree must have done something to annoy him. The Charizard, having done his business, started to fly away. But then, disaster struck.

As the Charizard started to fly, its flaming tail brushed against a tree. This set the tree on fire. However, the Charizard did not notice this, and continued to fly away, until Green could no longer see it. Green shifted his eyes to the burning tree. The fire spread to another tree, and that one started blazing as well. Then yet another tree caught on fire. It was a big domino effect; tree after tree caught on fire. Green did not need another warning. He let out a loud cry, telling the forest Pokemon to run. Then he started to run as fast as his small legs could move.

When Green had escaped the forest, he found many bug Pokemon waiting for him. The bug Pokemon that could fly had carried the flightless ones with them. They watched in horror as the Viridian Forest burned. Their home was gone. They would have to find a new home. Green watched as the bug Pokemon started crawling around, looking for a new home already. Green wanted to cry. If only he had done something to stop the fire. But what could he have done? He could not produce water. Only water Pokemon could do that.

When he had finished thinking about this, all the bug Pokemon had gone. They had left to find a new home. Green knew that he should do the same. He turned his head in every direction, looking for a good place to search.

When he looked to his left, he was startled to see a Pokemon floating next to him. He jumped. It was a pink Pokemon with a long and skinny tail. Green was sure that this Pokemon was not there before.

The Pokemon looked at Green. Then it started to say something. “Do you want your forest back?” it said in a high pitched voice. Green was surprised to see that it could speak. However, he could not speak, so he simply nodded his head.

The Pokemon smiled. “I can help you out with that. However, it will be difficult. Do you still want to have your forest back?” it spoke. Green thought about it. He really did want to help out the bug Pokemon and himself get the forest back. He nodded again.

The Pokemon said, “Okay. I will plant a special seed on your back. This seed will open up almost instantly, and grow into a bulb. This bulb will be able to produce many things, such as vines, but most importantly, seeds. Use your bulb to spit out seeds into the ground. These seeds will grow into magnificent trees. However, as you probably have figured out, this will take a while. So I’ll ask you one more time; do you really want to do this?” Green registered all this in his brain. The Pokemon was probably right about it taking a while. But, what else could he do? What if he turned down the offer, and couldn’t find a home? It would be the end of him.

Green looked at the Pokemon straight in the eyes. He nodded again, not breaking eye contact. The Pokemon smiled, and floated over to Green’s back. It tapped Green’s back with its tail, and a seed appeared. Green and the pink Pokemon waited, and the seed opened up. In almost three seconds, a bulb came out, as if it had been squeezed inside the seed. Green looked at his back, and the sight surprised him. Green looked back at the bright pink Pokemon, as if to say thank you. The Pokemon winked at him, and floated away.

Green watched it float away. What an eventful day! In the past two hours, the Viridian Forest had burned down, and he had been given a new power. Green looked at where the forest had been. The burning had stopped, and the ground was all burnt. He walked over to the area to take on the task of rebuilding the wonderful Viridian Forest.
    Last edited by Bulbasaur; 06-15-2014 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Edited the story a bit

☄♥ Happily paired with ninjaskarmory ♥☄
    My Links