Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I have the sleepy one! XD Yeah, that dude I used the claw to hook onto his paw and then reeled him right in. Meanwhile the Dedenne is HUGE. That one towers over everything else I have on my desk! Which is funny considering its actual in-game size. XD

And for sure! I kind of want to make a game out of it, though. With that crazy blend of silly stuff I am usually known for.
    Oh awesome! I haven't actually gotten the sleepy growlithe I won yet (large group of plushies have been delayed on shipping because of covid, and that one's in a group with six large plushies XD) but I'm excited to get it! And I love that! I think I've seen those dedenne in machines. o:

Oh yes, DEFINITELY.

Quote Originally Posted by Chakramaster View Post
    Yup! That was me xD. I've got a few people into it now (and highly recommend spending at least the $10 for the daily free play tickets). I've won quite a few things now. Figures and plushies. It's a lot of fun for sure! Glad to hear you've won quite a few plushies there! xD I haven't won quite that many, but I've learned a lot about how to work it. Not spending too much either.
    That's awesome! I got my cousin into it too (though she hasn't won any yet). I'm much better at winning big plushies than anything else (small ones and things in boxes are harder for me, though I have won some). I've gotten several Pokemon ones. My favorite, though, has got to be the mammoths. They are HUGE and super soft. (I've also gotten a mini one XD) I sleep with the orange one on my bed. I also have a dark brown and a white (and a mini orange). I also love anything shiba and I've gotten many. XD

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    Oh awesome! I haven't actually gotten the sleepy growlithe I won yet (large group of plushies have been delayed on shipping because of covid, and that one's in a group with six large plushies XD) but I'm excited to get it! And I love that! I think I've seen those dedenne in machines. o:

Oh yes, DEFINITELY.

That's awesome! I got my cousin into it too (though she hasn't won any yet). I'm much better at winning big plushies than anything else (small ones and things in boxes are harder for me, though I have won some). I've gotten several Pokemon ones. My favorite, though, has got to be the mammoths. They are HUGE and super soft. (I've also gotten a mini one XD) I sleep with the orange one on my bed. I also have a dark brown and a white (and a mini orange). I also love anything shiba and I've gotten many. XD
    Yeah at first I couldn't win anything the first year or....most of the first year playing, but I didn't give up. I learned over time.

Yeah some of these are just HUGE. I'm surprised they can be won, but once we know how it's. Well, we get lucky too xD.

Yeah the delays are crazy. Took my last Christmas Chu nearly 2 months to get here. That being after shipping.

It's kinda sad. I've told Neo I don't understand why. They've had EVERY electric regional Pika clone except Emolga. For whatever reason. They have never once added an Emolga to a machine. I don't understand why.

The time is upon us...

. Pika Pair with the yellow bundle of fluff Chibi Altaria..

Cheers and good times! Neo Emolga's Avatar
    Senior Administrator

I know. The whole lack of Emolga bothers me. Though I haven't seen any Togedemaru either. Still, Emolga is amazing! Why do they have so many obscure Pokemon that few people like and not that awesome flying squirrel dude!? Are Lickitung, Mr Mime, and Poliwag really that much more popular than Emolga? And I was surprised Snorlax and Ditto get so much love and attention.

I feel I'm a bit better at the bigger plushies, though I've only won two, so I can't really claim too much expertise on that. There's a bit of a lag delay with the claw, and trying to go for something small that requires surgeon-like precision is extremely difficult (I've tried a few times and missed completely). With a big plushie, there's a tiny bit more forgiveness with that, but even so, the tiniest lag spike will be an instant show-stopper when it makes you overshoot the spot you want to go for. XP

Administrator

I have seen Togedemaru a few times. It's a giant one. So they don't typically have many. Yeah after the years I've been playing. I just don't understand why out of all the Pika clones (regional electric rodent). Just why Emolga has been outcast. Doesn't make sense. I feel it's more popular than most.

Yeah the buggers ones are a bit easier to move around for sure. They're just a bit harder to fit through.

Does make me curious. Which type of setup/machines do you guys feel the easiest? @Neo Emolga @Scytherwolf

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

I have seen Togedemaru a few times. It's a giant one. So they don't typically have many. Yeah after the years I've been playing. I just don't understand why out of all the Pika clones (regional electric rodent). Just why Emolga has been outcast. Doesn't make sense. I feel it's more popular than most.

Yeah the buggers ones are a bit easier to move around for sure. They're just a bit harder to fit through.

Does make me curious. Which type of setup/machines do you guys feel the easiest? @Neo Emolga @Scytherwolf
    Yeah, really, I don't get it either. I'd love even just a small Emolga plushie! I mean I have six already, but the more the merrier!

I think the ones where you need to pull the plushie off of a ledge seem to be the easiest, especially if the ledge is narrow and centered. Also, I feel it's easier if the plushie is not wrapped in plastic (both the Dedenne and the Growlithe plushies I got were not wrapped). If they're wrapped, usually the claw just limply slides along it and does nothing, whereas if they're not wrapped, you can use the claw to hook onto ears, tails, arms, feet, and what have you to pull it around. The only catch is if the plushie's foot, ear, arm, tail, or whatever appendage gets lodged in between the bar and the ledge.

The ones that I think are the worst are the more "classic" style versions where you need to pick up the plushie and drop it so it gets over a wall or goes down the chute (where it looks like a ball pit). The only way to win those is to have one plushie bounce off of another and pray it's enough for it to go over the edge because the claw will always drop it well behind the wall or chute. I've only once seen someone win that setup with the "bounce" and it looks like you either need to be insanely lucky or be some kind of wizard. But yeah, if I see that's the setup when I tap on it, I immediately jump out. Also, setups where the plushie hangs on with only one arm or their tail have GOT to be rigged. There's no way they can defy gravity like that normally.

The ones were you need to squeeze stuff between those rubber-covered bars are always a mixed bag. I have yet to win a setup like those, but sometimes they seem really easy, sometimes they seem hard (or completely impossible if the prize is way bigger than the gap between the bars!), and other times what you think should have been really effective doesn't do jack. And there's other times when I see someone else playing and immediately I'm thinking "yeah, that's not going to work at all" but then it does! So yeah, I don't know what's going on with those either. XD

Administrator

You mean this kind where they hang?

Yeah the ones where they have to fall over the wall is just super luck based I think. Much like dropping the ping pong ball (which I still hate is exclusively TP based now)

The time is upon us...

Senior Administrator

Yeah, like those, but you made that look so easy! I'd done the same kind of maneuver dozens of times but didn't get anything. :P

I'll admit I did rage-buy a monstrously enormous 50cm Eevee plushie after trying and failing on so many other Eevee plushies (which I still continue to try and fail on! XD). Rather than buy heaps of TP like some people do and lock themselves in an escalation of commitment to keep playing until they win, I just do things like that. Cheaper and more effective!

Also, does it play as smoothly as the video if you play on the computer as opposed to playing on your phone? I've never tried Toreba on the computer. I wonder because if it knocks out the lag issue, that would be a major help in getting the claw in the spots I want it to be in each time. Heck, half the time I feel like my first daily ticket gets wasted just because of varying lag issues.

Lover of Centipedes Scytherwolf's Avatar
    Yeah at first I couldn't win anything the first year or....most of the first year playing, but I didn't give up. I learned over time.

Yeah some of these are just HUGE. I'm surprised they can be won, but once we know how it's. Well, we get lucky too xD.

Yeah the delays are crazy. Took my last Christmas Chu nearly 2 months to get here. That being after shipping.

It's kinda sad. I've told Neo I don't understand why. They've had EVERY electric regional Pika clone except Emolga. For whatever reason. They have never once added an Emolga to a machine. I don't understand why.
    I don't think I've seen an emolga either (I've only been playing since May though). I DID win (sadly hasn't shipped yet) a tiny tsum-tsum style heracross, and I'm so excited. XD Never seen anything scyther or yanmega (or centiskorch) but that's to be expected. I can dream, though. I spent some money on the heracross but WORTH IT because I had to have it. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Emolga View Post
    I know. The whole lack of Emolga bothers me. Though I haven't seen any Togedemaru either. Still, Emolga is amazing! Why do they have so many obscure Pokemon that few people like and not that awesome flying squirrel dude!? Are Lickitung, Mr Mime, and Poliwag really that much more popular than Emolga? And I was surprised Snorlax and Ditto get so much love and attention.

I feel I'm a bit better at the bigger plushies, though I've only won two, so I can't really claim too much expertise on that. There's a bit of a lag delay with the claw, and trying to go for something small that requires surgeon-like precision is extremely difficult (I've tried a few times and missed completely). With a big plushie, there's a tiny bit more forgiveness with that, but even so, the tiniest lag spike will be an instant show-stopper when it makes you overshoot the spot you want to go for. XP
    Yeah I don't know why they choose certain ones and not others. A lot of the times, totally random pokemon are grouped together. XD Like growlithe and meowth makes sense, but then there's...piplup and raichu, and all sorts of other weirder combinations. XD

Yeah, small is HARD! I've gotten more precise so I'm a bit better at smaller things now, but it still is harder than big plushies. There's been a few times, though, when the claw will lag a bit unexpectedly and I think, "Aww, I messed it up" but then it surprisingly works out better and I get the prize. XD

I'm really good at the ones where you have to move plushies over an edge or between bars. It's harder when they're in plastic but I've gotten the hang of that. Hardest for me is boxes (though I'm getting better).

The Queen of Shaymin
    Site Editor

Administrator

A lot of Pokémon tend to be really popular in Japan even if they aren’t internationally so it’s possible the weird spread is due to that.
    / / / / / / / /
    Double Agents with Suicune's Fire

Senior Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Scytherwolf View Post
    I don't think I've seen an emolga either (I've only been playing since May though). I DID win (sadly hasn't shipped yet) a tiny tsum-tsum style heracross, and I'm so excited. XD Never seen anything scyther or yanmega (or centiskorch) but that's to be expected. I can dream, though. I spent some money on the heracross but WORTH IT because I had to have it. XD

Yeah I don't know why they choose certain ones and not others. A lot of the times, totally random pokemon are grouped together. XD Like growlithe and meowth makes sense, but then there's...piplup and raichu, and all sorts of other weirder combinations. XD

Yeah, small is HARD! I've gotten more precise so I'm a bit better at smaller things now, but it still is harder than big plushies. There's been a few times, though, when the claw will lag a bit unexpectedly and I think, "Aww, I messed it up" but then it surprisingly works out better and I get the prize. XD

I'm really good at the ones where you have to move plushies over an edge or between bars. It's harder when they're in plastic but I've gotten the hang of that. Hardest for me is boxes (though I'm getting better).
    I think it’s awesome that you have the skill and capability to make your own plushies. No Yanmega plushie? NOT ON MY WATCH, I’M USING MY ULTIMATE POWER AND CREATING ONE! And that was a really great one at that!

And yeah, boxes are hard! I’ve never come close with any of those.

Quote Originally Posted by Noblejanobii View Post
    A lot of Pokémon tend to be really popular in Japan even if they aren’t internationally so it’s possible the weird spread is due to that.
    Yeah, it’s kind of funny for that when it comes to what Toreba has out there, but hey, there’s still many good ones.