Spread your wings and fly towards Community Day!Fly high because were we are going for Community Day, only the Starly will see us. That is because Starly will be Pokemon GO’s July Community Day Pokemon.
This event will run from Sunday, July 17th, 2022, from 11:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. local time. It was also reveal that the special bonus will be 3x Catch Experience and 2x Catch Candy bonus along with three hour Incense and Lure Modules. Full details for the event can be found by clicking here.
There will be also plenty of Starly for trainers to capture. This will give trainers the chance to catch Shiny Starly. If you evolve your Staravia into Staraptor then it will learn the Fast Attack, Gust! You will have up to two hours after Community Day to do this.
Below are the full details for the event.
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Deino Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes: Starly.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Remember, you can give a ticket to a friend so they can experience this Community Day’s Special Research too! To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
- Certain restrictions apply. Gifting cannot be completed if the recipient has purchased a Special Research ticket or has been gifted one already.
- 3× Catch XP.
- 2x Catch Candy
- 2× chance to receive Starly Candy XL from catching Starly
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- 1 extra special trade can be made during the event and two hours after the event (maximum of 2 for the day).
- Trades made during the event and two hours after the event will require 50% less Stardust.
- One additional special trade can be made during the event and up to five hours afterward for a maximum of three for the day.
Group Play Bonuses
Work together with other trainers to unlock additional bonuses in that location!
- If enough Pokémon are caught by Trainers with help from a single Lure Module, the 3× XP bonus for catching Pokémon near the Lured PokéStop will be increased to a 4× bonus XP for 30 minutes. This will replace the 3x Catch XP that was active during the event for this time period.
Bonus 4-Star Raids!
There will be special 4-Star Raids featuring Staravia appearing after the 3-Hour Community Day. If you are able to claim victory in one of these Raids then Starly will appear around the gym. This will last for 30 minutes and the Starly will appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the Raid. If you are lucky, you may even encounter a Shiny Starly!
A few things to note.
- Starly that appear during these circumstances will have the same chance to appear Shiny as those that appear during the Community Day 3-hour event window.
- The Event Bonuses and Group Bonuses only apply during the 3-Hour Community Day window. Thus, will not apply to the 4-Star Raids after the event window.
- ONLY Raid Passes and Premium Battles Passes can be used for 4-Star Raids. Remote Raid Passes CANNOT be used for these raids.
At this moment, it is unsure if Staravia caught in the 4-Star Raid will also have a chance to be Shiny.
Based on the Deino Community Day, it could be indicated that Staravia caught at 4-Star Raids will NOT be Shiny. After all, Zweilous that appeared during Deino Community Day were not Shiny. This could change as we get closer to the event.
Have fun gusting into July’s Community Day and catching Starly!