The year is coming to an end and Pokemon GO is ready to close out the year!
We are entering the final month of 2020. It was a troublesome year and things have not gone as planned. Especially for Pokemon GO. Though, the game still has plans to make sure you have fun closing out 2020. From Research Breakthroughs, Legendary Raids, Spotlight Hours and more!
December Research Breakthrough
You can expect to see two different Research Breakthrough encounters during the month of December. That is because you may either see Lapras or Unovan Darumaka! Once you capture them then you will be rewarded with bonus XP.
The change in the Research Breakthrough will start on Tuesday, December 1st, 2020 at 1PM to January 1st, 2021 at 1PM.
Legendary Raids and Mega Raids
Kyurem will be returning to Legendary Raids starting on December 1st, 2020 at 1PM. This Ice Pokemon will be in raids for all of the month of December.
If things were not cold enough then hang on! That is because you will be seeing Mega Abomasnow making their first time appearance in Pokemon GO. Mega Abomasnow will start entering Mega Raids on December 1st, 2020 at 1PM. It will be replacing Mega Blastoise in the Mega Raid rotation.
Spotlight Hour will take place every Tuesday at 6PM. These Spotlight Hour promises to have a Pokemon appear more often in spawns. There will also be a special bonus for each Spotlight.
This month has five Spotlight Hours. One of them is promising a surprise mystery Pokemon. Below is the feature Pokemon and bonus for each Spotlight Hour.
- Tuesday, December 1, 2020: Seel will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
- Tuesday, December 8, 2020: Swinub will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Stardust for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020: A surprise Pokémon will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for catching Pokémon.
- Tuesday, December 22, 2020: Snorunt will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the Candy for transferring Pokémon.
- Tuesday, December 29, 2020: Snover will be in the spotlight, and you’ll earn twice the XP for evolving Pokémon.
GO Beyond Bonuses
The Level Cap will be raised to Level 50 in December. To help people gain more XP, Pokemon GO has put in double Catch XP bonus. This bonus will be in effect until December 31st, 2020.
We are also expecting to see Pokemon from the Kalos region enter Pokemon GO during the month of December.
There are going to be other updates to the game including Pokemon tagging. These and more will help find and identify certain Pokemon you are looking for.
Best of luck in catching and gaining XP in Pokemon GO during the month of December!
Source: Pokemon GO Blog