A Pokemon movie made a top 10 list? It is more likely then you think.
Japanese film news website, Eiga.com, revealed the top 10 grossing films in Japan for 2018. In the top 10 was Pokemon the Movie: Everyone’s Story (Pokemon the Movie: The Power of Us in US). Pokemon’s 21st movie was one of the top 10 highest earning movies with 3.09 billion yen which is about $28.0 million US dollars. This placed Pokemon the Movie: Everyone’s Story/Power of Us in the 8th spot for highest earning movies.
Also making the top ten in highest earnings included Detective Conan, Doraemon, and Gintama.
Below is the full list.
- Gekijōban Code Blue – Doctor Heli Kinkyū Kyūmei (9.23 billion yen- US $83.6 million)
- Detective Conan: Zero the Enforcer (9.18 billion yen- US $83.1 million)
- Eiga Doraemon: Nobita no Takarajima (5.37 billion yen- US $48.6 million)
- Shoplifters (4.53 billion yen- US $41.0 million)
- Gintama 2: Okita wa Yaburu tame ni Koso Aru (3.65 billion yen- US $33.1 million)
- Destiny: Kamakura Monogatari (3.21 billion yen- US $29.1 million)
- One Cut of the Dead (3.12 billion yen- US $28.3 million)
- Pokémon the Movie: The Power of Us (3.09 billion yen- US $28.0 million)
- Killing for the Prosecution (2.9 billion yen- US $26.3 million)
- Mirai (2.88 billion yen- US $26.1 million)
Source: Anime News Network