Don’t be a Slowpoke! Head over the Community Day!
Though you will catch plenty of Slowpoke with March’s Community Day!
This event will run from Saturday, March 18th from 2PM to 5PM. local time. It was also reveal that the special bonus will be 3x Catch Experience and 2x Catch Candy bonus along with three hour Incense and Lure Modules. Full details for the event can be found by clicking here.
There will be also plenty of Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke for trainers to capture. This will give trainers the chance to catch Shiny Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke. If you evolve your Slowpoke into Slowbro or Slowking and Galarian Slowpoke into Galarian Slowbro or Galarian Slowbro then it will learn the Charged Attack, Surf! You will have up to five hours after Community Day to do this.
Also, for this Community Day only! The evolution requirements for Galarian Slowbro has been changed! Normally you will need to catch 30 Poison Type Pokemon while adventuring with Galarian Slowpoke. During this Community Day, that requirement will change to catching 30 Psychic Pokemon. This will only last until 10PM that day.
Lastly, there will be special Timed Research focusing on Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke. This Timed Researched will reward players with the chance to earn four King’s Rock. There will also be Field Research that will allow players the chance to earn rewards such as King’s Rock, Ultra Balls and more.
Below are the full details for the event.
- For US$1.00 (or the equivalent pricing tier in your local currency), you’ll be able to access the Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke Community Day–exclusive Special Research story, Field Notes: Slow and Slower.
- Stay tuned for when tickets for the Special Research story go live.
- Don’t forget: you’re now able to purchase and gift tickets to any of your friends that you’ve achieved a Friendship level of Great Friends or higher with.* To gift a ticket, tap the Special Research ticket in the in-game shop, then tap the Gift button instead of the Buy button.
- 3× XP for catching Pokémon.
- 2× Candy for catching Pokémon.
- 2× chance for Trainers level 31 and up to receive XL Candy from catching Pokemon.
- Incense activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Lure Modules activated during the event will last for three hours.
- Take a few snapshots during Community Day for a surprise!
- 1 extra special trade can be made during the event and two hours after the event (maximum of 2 for the day).
- Trades made during the event and five hours after the event will require 50% less Stardust.
Bonus 4-Star Raids!
There will be special 4-Star Raids featuring Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke appearing after the 3-Hour Community Day from 5PM to 10PM. If you are able to claim victory in one of these Raids then Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke will appear around the gym. This will last for 30 minutes and the Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke will appear in a 300-meter radius around the Gym that hosted the Raid. If you are lucky, you may even encounter a Shiny Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke!
A few things to note.
- Slowpoke and Galarian Slowpoke that appear during these circumstances will have the same chance to appear Shiny as those that appear during the Community Day 3-hour event window.
- The Event Bonuses and Group Bonuses only apply during the 3-Hour Community Day window. Thus, will not apply to the 4-Star Raids after the event window.
- ONLY Raid Passes and Premium Battles Passes can be used for 4-Star Raids. Remote Raid Passes CANNOT be used for these raids.
So be like a Slowpoke and slow down for Community Day!